QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tim who????

06.30.2012, 02:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stayed up until now (5 to 5) watching Whisper of the Heart for the first time in ages. i literally can not love this movie any more than i do. The scene after Shizuku finds out that Seiji is Seiji is by far my favourite Ghibli scene just for its innocence and simplicity... So good....

07.18.2012, 11:57 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Through my own laziness, I missed 'Brave' in the local theater so now I will have to go out of town to see it.... Rats!!!

Now the new 'Ice Age' is here and I will see it.

I will give my opinions when I see them...
=====================================

OK, saw the new 'Ice Age" movie and I mostly enjoyed it... IMO, there was a lot of 'nature action' that wasn't really needed, possibly used as filler, maybe. And I did not enjoy one of the songs... Towards the end there WAS a, again IMO, beautiful piece of music. To my untrained ear it sounded like an adaptation of 'Ode to Joy"...

Overall, I'd give it a thumbs up...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.20.2012, 06:26 AM.

07.19.2012, 12:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The new Batman movie. SO GOOD. Made Avengers seem like it was written by a little kid. xD

07.23.2012, 02:03 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I never really got why Avengers was so popular. XD I liked it, and my friend has a secret love for Loki's actor, but.. I just didn't see how it was amazing.

I watched Black Swan with my friends. It was... it was... XD

I'm glad my friends are open minded. XD Except one kept yelling at me to shut up because I was like "D: Oh my god". Bahaha.

In the end we came to the consensus the movie was decent, but we couldn't think anything more than that. They put another movie on, I fell asleep. I woke up five minutes to the end with my friend staring at me and burped loudly in her face before closing my eyes again. I'm such a lady.

07.23.2012, 10:40 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Avengers wasn't an amazingly written movie, exactly. It was more, like: great actors, great one-liners, great action. It was a well done super hero movie. In comparison, I would say Batman was a well done movie.

07.23.2012, 02:56 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Saw Wild Target.... loved the ending... lol

07.23.2012, 03:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Hehe, nice Husky. It was a fun movie. Try The Baker, if you want sorta similar stuff.

07.23.2012, 05:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Hehe, nice Husky. It was a fun movie. Try The Baker, if you want sorta similar stuff.

If I can find it I will... Right now I'm digging a hole in the backyard.... Here, kitty, kitty...

07.23.2012, 06:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.02.2012, 04:18 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched Panda Go Panda lol

08.18.2012, 01:41 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

was not it great

a great tv show could be made out of it

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.18.2012, 05:10 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

was not it great

a great tv show could be made out of it

I agree not very great. It was nice, but not great. To me it felt like two tv episodes haha.

08.18.2012, 06:25 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was always under the impression that it is a short series rather than a feature film?

08.18.2012, 11:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was a film that miyazaki and takahata made for the first time. It was after the birth of miyazaki's son also it is actually a resemblance of pippi longstocking.

They wanted to make that show but they were not allowed.

Hayao miyazaki was turned away by many european and western writers. Pippi and earthsea was two of them.

otherwise we could have two other great movies or would not have hayao miyazaki that we know today at all

Fortune is a mysterious thing

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.18.2012, 12:24 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So as I mentioned in a couple of threads, I saw Poppy Hill today, and I thought it was pretty good!

I saw a few other films recently too: Brave, 21 Jump Street, The Iron Giant, and Phoenix Wright. I enjoyed all of them for different reasons and to different degrees.

10.17.2012, 07:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I saw "The Iron Giant" a few years ago and enjoyed it. Yesterday, I watched "Whisper of the Heart" for the umpteenth time, lol

10.18.2012, 12:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Today I saw the new anime version (it's been adapted a few times in the past) of Nerawareta Gakuen. It's not even been released in Japan yet, so that was pretty exciting! As for the film itself, I enjoyed it. It has a few flaws, but on the whole I think it's very good.

10.20.2012, 04:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
shadedpain4
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.15.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shadedpain4 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sick so I watched a bunch.

Umberto D
Island of Lost Souls
La Jetee
Lost In Translation (Partially)
Somewhere

My wife and i just got back from Tokyo, so we wanted to watch the parts of Lost in Translation that were shot at places we visited. Saw them in a whole new light!

10.20.2012, 05:53 PM shadedpain4 is offline   Profile for shadedpain4 Add shadedpain4 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

was channel surfing tonight at work and found "Wall-E", although in Spanish. I thought that it was cool in Spanish, so I wastched it... lol

If I haven't said it yet, Welcome to the Tavern, shadedpain4

10.21.2012, 04:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks