QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw Heat by Michael Mann yesterday
very good.

08.01.2008, 03:23 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday, I saw 28 Weeks Later and The Bourne Ultimatum. Both are very very good.

08.01.2008, 06:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I haven't watched any movies yet today but I did watch one last night when I was over at my friend's house "No Country For Old Men" Interesting movie, the suspense is crazy! But worth watching, definitely.

08.03.2008, 07:10 AM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The Bourne Ultimatum.
Oh that film is highly awesome. The Bourne trilogy rocks. 8]

My Anime List

08.03.2008, 01:05 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Vantage Point last night. It was rather good, not really my sort of movie (I was planning no going for a walk around the time that it started, but my mom wanted us to all be together. Ha) but it was good all the same. There were bits where I was all like "Wow" but you know..... yay!

08.03.2008, 01:22 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i saw brave heart the other day again... mmm n

08.03.2008, 10:10 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MagicalTotoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gonna go see the new Batman movie, "Dark Knight" tomorrow!

08.04.2008, 06:58 AM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The Bourne Ultimatum.
Oh that film is highly awesome. The Bourne trilogy rocks. 8]

Yeah, I agree. It's definitely the best one; the way that it flows is brilliant.

08.04.2008, 07:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I should check those Bourne movies out, but I really dislike Matt Damon, but whatever.

I did watch Inside Man last night. Pretty good film id say.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.04.2008, 11:24 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Russo...

08.05.2008, 03:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso.
Porco Russo would mean, in italian, Russian Pig (instead of Red Pig).

Inside Man is pretty good, definitely a very clever movie.
Bourne trilogy is also awesome. Something that managed to stay good (and get better!) movie by movie.

I saw Mamma Mia.
I wasn't gonna do it, but then someone offered to pay for it.
I thought about it for a while and then decided to go.
Wrong choice.

08.05.2008, 05:57 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Someone invited me to go see Mamma Mia but naw I passed on that one. Looked terrible from my point of view, kinda stupid and boring lol not my type of movie!

But I watched Totoro again the other day, yay!! I can watch it over and over and never get bored of it, so wonderful!

08.05.2008, 08:30 AM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Just seen the new Batman movie "Dark Knight" was really good!

08.05.2008, 05:54 PM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ugh, I don't wanna see that... it looks so darn scary! *cowers*

08.05.2008, 06:28 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by gigantic_red_bow {Kiki}
Ugh, I don't wanna see that... it looks so darn scary! *cowers*

Well yeah, I guess it was kinda scary but only the Joker though, I thought everything else was good though. Those type of movies don't really scare me. It's more psychological ones and horror movies, aahh can't stand them but if it looks fake then it doesn't bother me. Dark Knight has been real popular the line outside when I came out of the cinema, geez! It was crazy!

08.06.2008, 06:50 AM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Loscil
Baron

quote:
"D'you wanna see a magic trick?"

08.06.2008, 09:44 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, Just come back from seeing it a second time.

It's the best film I've seen in a long time.

08.06.2008, 07:01 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
MagicalTotoro
Calcifer

Well I didn't see this movie today but yesterday! Saw the new Mummy movie-Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor...was pretty good! Some nice martial arts action from Jet Li!

08.13.2008, 06:35 AM MagicalTotoro is offline   Profile for MagicalTotoro Add MagicalTotoro to your buddy list YIM Screenname: bulls23fan84
Loscil
Baron

I didnt like the mummy at all. Twas very bad compared to the first two.

Im hoping to see Tropic thunder today.

EDIT: Saw Silence of the Lambs today
for the first time. Was very good. Very enjoyable.

Post last edited by Loscil on 08.13.2008, 10:33 PM.

08.13.2008, 10:51 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whew, I have some catching up to do . . .

A few days ago, I saw "Sin City." The whole thing felt like it popped right out of some twisted imagination and onto the movie screen; it was pure artistic vision. I'm not a big fan of ultraviolence, but thankfully it was all very stylized and unrealistic, which made less disturbing . . . well, a little less disturbing. It was still pretty messed up. But I'm a big fan of film noir, and the movie was like a film noir nightmare. On crack. So I liked it a lot.

Then I saw "Magnolia," a film by the same guy who made "There Will Be Blood." I wasn't a big fan of TWBB, but I liked "Magnolia" a lot. The director is clearly attracted to bizarre, dysfunctional personalities, and they are on prominent display in both films--but the characters in "Magnolia" seemed much more real to me than the wackos in TWBB. Maybe that's why: they were actual characters, with believable feelings and real motivation, rather than wackos with indecipherable feelings and distorted motivation. Both films are enormously ambitious, but TWBB is clearly the more controlled of the two; "Magnolia" is perhaps the most unrestrained film I've ever seen, an absolute mess by any critical standards. But you could tell the director put his heart and soul into the film. It isn't one I'll forget any time soon.

Finally, I watched "The Orphanage" today. Good movie. Great cinematography. Some nice old-fashioned thrills, and a very solid story that comes together perfectly at the end. It isn't a masterpiece, but it's very welcome entertainment.

08.14.2008, 12:27 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks