QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...    »  ]
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last week I saw;

The Spiderwick Chronicles, which I liked. Excellent acting and lots of action, movie moved very fast and was exhiting. Beautiful special effects btw.

And more Freddie Highmore (isn't he brilliant?) in the movie 'August Rush'. Beautiful music by Jonathan Rhys Meyers (surprise!) and the orchestra. The movie was okay, way too long though, the songs too long, moving too slow. But again, good acting and as long as you see it as a modern fairytale, it's good

Then I finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. II. Marvellous, spectacular ending. And for me, I was one of the few who had no clue about how it ends. It felt good, but now...I'm gonna miss the HP movies Maybe I should start reading the books...someday..

And today watched the German movie Effi Briest, which was average. Good actors, beautiful scenery and a tragic lovestory. But too slow and at times a little bit boring. Though the couple showed pure chemistry and I believed them, the story didn't captivate me as was meant.

07.24.2011, 04:31 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Got tied up with other stuff last night so I watched Harry Potter this afternoon. Pretty good, IMO. Too bad it is the last.

07.25.2011, 12:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Harry Potter too! I really enjoyed it.

07.26.2011, 06:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Harry Potter two nights ago and I thought it was good but....underwhelming. I don't think a big enough deal was made of the deaths of some pretty major characters and though Snape's story was dealt with well it could have been better. Saying that the scene with the Patronus where Dumbledore asks him "After all this time?" (or something along those lines) and he replies "Always" kept playing in my dreams last night and made me wake up crying ahaha.

I watched 5 Centimetres Per Second last night! It was...lovely. Just lovely. I was surprised by the ending and though saddened found it very touching. The animation is absolutely breathtaking as well.

07.28.2011, 07:41 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

I thought it was a pure horror movie, but it was still very good nonetheless. Will be looking up the real story sometime soon hopefully, it's a very interesting lawsuit.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.28.2011, 12:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally watched the last Harry Potter movie.

It was good No where near the book (as I found with the rest of the movies) but satisfying enough.

They did the Snape memories scene well, but like NC said... some of the deaths... they just didn't have the impact I felt in the book.

Although...that scene where the twins are telling each other that they'll be okay (or something like that)... wow. Knowing what would happen was horrible at that point.

07.28.2011, 11:58 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Girl, who leapt through time.

I got recommended this movie very often and I liked it, I love the ending of it, so sweet :-)

07.29.2011, 09:23 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I forgot to mention that when I saw The Orphanage and Julia's Eyes, there was a trailer for Arrietty. It was for the dubbed version though, and it had a cheesy voiceover unfortunately. But on that note, that cinema will be showing Arrietty in the coming weeks, so I'll probably go and see it.

07.30.2011, 03:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kemi
Totoro

My cinema is also showing it!!! I only need someone to join me

07.30.2011, 03:57 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Pride and Prejudice (1995 series) - first two episodes - yes again, it's so lovely, especially when seeing it for the second time

The Prince and the Pauper (2000 tv movie) - lovely too, it was fun to watch and such a dramatic and often funny story too. Though it never actually happened..

08.01.2011, 01:58 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Ten Canoes" an aboriginal tale from the Arnheim area of northwestern Australia...

08.02.2011, 04:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen both The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and 5 Centimetres Per Second over the past few days. TGWLTT was cute and I thought the time travel aspect was used well and in more novel ways than it usually is in movies. However, in comparison to 5cps it doesn't really hold the same weight. That movie was so, so beautiful - perhaps even more beautiful than Ghibli movies, though I feel slightly blasphemous saying so - and I was really touched by the ending. I don't really like being saddened by films so it isn't a film I enjoyed as much as I might perhaps otherwise but it really is fantastic.

08.02.2011, 07:04 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I agree with you about movies leaving me sad, NC, but if it was a good, emotionally satisfying movie (if that makes any sense) then that negates the feeling of sadness somewhat. I liked both of these movies and rewatch them periodically, as I do my Ghiblis.

08.02.2011, 07:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw Captain America today. Actually, a bit better than I expected it to be.

Check out my music:

08.03.2011, 11:53 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I saw Summer Wars! I don't have time to properly write about it now but it was sooooo good The climax scenes where the end standoff was occuring were so tense and I found myself getting really into it ahahha. I'm considering watching it again tonight even!

08.06.2011, 05:53 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Flatwheels
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Flatwheels Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I gave fellow dutchman Rutger Hauer and Anthony Hopkins a chance in The Rite. It was..watchable

08.06.2011, 06:56 PM Flatwheels is offline   Profile for Flatwheels Add Flatwheels to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Love in the time of cholera.

Which was 'quite okay' with descent actors and script, but in my eyes it is mostly another failed try to make a movie equal to 'The Notebook', about an forbidden or difficult romance and the burning passions between the protagonists.

08.09.2011, 07:32 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Arrietty! I thought it was good, and the art was as usual great, but overall I don't see it becoming one of my favourites, though I dfeinitely enjoyed it.

08.10.2011, 02:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kemi
Totoro

I've watched the first two episodes of Lost in Austen.
I found it very amusing, there are lots of good jokes in it, but you really should have seen/read Pride and Prejudice to understand it. It's quite an original twist
I LOVED the acting by the way.

08.12.2011, 03:22 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If i am known for anything to do with television its that i never seem to watch anything but ghibli.
I have watched nothing but ghibli for a couple of months with few exceptions, Just cant get enough of it.

08.12.2011, 04:20 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks