QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, kinda funny... "I, Robot" was listed last night as well, but I opted for the Harry Potter one... I've seen "I, Robot" 2 or 3 times and read the book a couple of times... In fact, all the Asimov books related to his Robots with 'R. Bailey'.

02.15.2015, 03:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone watched Perfect Blue? I might do a film review for the Women's studies course on it.

02.15.2015, 04:36 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, a couple of times. I wrote an essay on it last semester.

02.15.2015, 07:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, Perfect Blue is a good film. Its not Satoshi Kon's best though. It covers similar ground to all his work which is the blurring of reality with an imaginary world (in this case the characters of a pop idol who moves into TV drama work). Its got some weak spots though.

Much stronger movies by Kon that explore similar themes are Paprika and especially Millennium Actress.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.15.2015, 08:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Yep, a couple of times. I wrote an essay on it last semester.

What was your essay about?

I was thinking of recommending his films to my professor but she might already have seen them.

02.16.2015, 10:42 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The essay was about how it explores the relationship between cinema and reality.

02.17.2015, 04:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you still have it,arren, I'd like to read it...

hahaha, I watched "Wreck it, Ralph" last night...

02.17.2015, 04:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wreck-it Ralph was pretty good, as I remember. I only saw it once, with the family a while ago, but I think we all enjoyed it.

My Anime List

02.17.2015, 08:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, there were parts of it that kinda choked me up...

02.18.2015, 02:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Sure! Since grades aren't finalised until the end of the semester, I think I probably shouldn't put it online, but if you or anybody else is interested, I'm happy to send it personally.

02.18.2015, 11:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Sure! Since grades aren't finalised until the end of the semester, I think I probably shouldn't put it online, but if you or anybody else is interested, I'm happy to send it personally.

Yeah, you got my addy? I can PM if necessary.

02.18.2015, 05:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Mulan" again, the other night, just before I left for the weekend work date at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Coronado.

arren: I'm curious... Did you send the item you were going to? When you send it, please put something in the title connected with the Tav, thanks...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.22.2015, 08:00 PM.

02.22.2015, 07:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "E.T." last night during the Oscar awards, skipping ack and forth, periodically watching for the 'Animated movie' category to come up.

02.23.2015, 01:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Cars2" and found an easter egg that I missed before.

During the big race, there was an advertising sign along the tract that was advertising "Lassatyres". Could only be a reference to John Lassater...

03.13.2015, 01:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm starting a teen movie marathon.

Last night i watched DUFF (designated ugly fat friend), it was average but it stars an actor i like.

Just then i finished watching The Way He looks from Portugal. Its about a teen gay romance. Its very sweet, beautifully made, and not over done.

03.13.2015, 10:23 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

And tonight it was "Despicable Me!"

03.14.2015, 01:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

"Monster, Inc"

Yay for the Disney Channel...

03.15.2015, 01:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

And, another animation..."Madagascar: Return 2 Africa" I actually hadn't seen it before...

this time, YAY! Nickelodeon Channel...

That reminded me of the Nickelodeon show "You Can't Do That On Television" that came from Canada. I loved watching it with my kids,,, say "I don't know" and get slimed... I also found out the Lisa Ruddy now runs a funeral home with her husband...

03.16.2015, 12:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night i watched GBF (Gay Best Friend).

03.17.2015, 08:06 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I know that it is not true to like, but I watched "The Last Samurai" again tonight...

for about the 5th time...

03.18.2015, 12:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks