QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions What Movie(s) did you watch today? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
On Saturday night i watched The Breakfast Club. Its a really amazing movie. I love it.

Yeah, I've seen that movie a few times. I liked the interactions between the different characters...

11.21.2011, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Due to a busy and stressful life (school, work, social life, sports..) I haven't watched a lot of movies lately.
But today I found some time, so I watched 'Guinevere'.

I bought it a few weeks ago for like 2 euros or something, didn't expect much of it.
And well, it's good I didn't expected much, 'cause it was a low-budget movie with a bad soundtrack, and not all the actors were okay, but the story is well known and always interests me. So it was okay, nice to see once.

I've also found the time to start with the new series, Camelot. Despite all the bad reviews and opinions about Camelot, I actually really liked it. I think -so far I've only seen episode one- it is still original and I love the acting skills of Eva Green in this series. She is brilliant as the seductive, angry, misunderstood Morgan. who seeks her revenge.

11.24.2011, 12:20 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Unstoppable this evening for the heck of it. 98 MINUTES OF PURE AWESOME.

11.25.2011, 01:48 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Totoro last night

11.27.2011, 08:14 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice ^^

I watched Gladiator last night. Such a blatant abuse of history, but such a good movie. <3 Russel Crowe

11.27.2011, 02:40 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, the idea of a Roman general being reduced to a slave was quite... silly. Among other things.

Still a great movie though.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.27.2011, 04:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I watched Gladiator last night. Such a blatant abuse of history, but such a good movie. <3 Russel Crowe

Russel Crowe <3 Such a good movie!

I saw Hugo today. It was lots of fun. So charming. ^^ I loved seeing 3D being used to give a different perspective rather just there for kicks.

Had some niggles... like, movie set in France... 2 words of french used. Actors with English accents. Wha? But whatever. Was fun overall.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 11.27.2011, 08:15 PM.

11.27.2011, 08:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
On Saturday night i watched The Breakfast Club. Its a really amazing movie. I love it.

Yeah, I've seen that movie a few times. I liked the interactions between the different characters...

Yeah its quite interesting to see the cliques. I feel a bit sad watching these teen movies, as soon i'll no longer be a teenager myself.

11.30.2011, 07:32 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Horrible Bosses yesterday! It was pretty funny, I mean I'm not the type of person who laughs out loud watching a film but I still enjoyed it. There was a good choice of actors, but I still think it doesn't even come as a close second to Bridesmaids.

I also made the mistake of attempting to watch 'Howl', which was clearly just James Franco's attempt at a Sundance award. I hate hate hate pretentious cinema, and this was disgustingly so. As soon as all the poetry started being chanted and there were weird cartoons interspered with black and white shots of Franco looking moody I knew it wasn't for me. Yuck.

11.30.2011, 11:46 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeahh, Russell Crowe indeed <3
I also really like Gladatior.

I watched 'Nordwand' (English title: the North Face) with my favourite German actor Benno Fürmann. It was a spectacular, dramatically filmed story of 2 teams of German friends and Austrian guys who are trying to climb the 'Nordwand' Eiger. A mountain that no one ever climbed up yet, or came down alive...

It was really really good! Exhiting, sad, dramatical, good acting, convincing, captivating. I LOVED it but I really had to ''recover'' after watching this..

12.01.2011, 06:52 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched a korean remake called Castaway on the Moon. It was interesting.

12.02.2011, 09:55 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Galactic Express 999"

12.15.2011, 02:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been watching the movies on film 4 for Ghibli season over the last few day. Today it was 'Only Yesterday'. its been a while since i had seen it last and id forgotten how perfect the ending was.

12.15.2011, 02:37 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been watching the ones that have been on so far, but I did watch Only Yesterday. I hadn't seen it before and I don't have it on DVD, so I really wanted to watch it at last, and I wasn't disappointed.

12.15.2011, 02:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Galactic Express 999"

Galaxy Express? AWESOMENESS.
That's one of my fave anime films of all time.

FTDoADW: Even made a 3d model of the train for MSTS. I'll post some screengrabs here soon.

12.15.2011, 02:53 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
husky51
The Old Guy

I thought that it was an anime when I ordered it, but it turned out to be a live-action movie called "Kamikaze Girls" with Kyoko Fukada and Anna Tsuchiya. A real off the wall comedy with embroiderers and girl bikers... Bad mean types riding motor scooters... I wanted to stop watching it, but I also wanted to keep watching it just to see what would happen next. Oh and the lead was a massive Pachinko winner...

It was a weird movie..

And so must I be for watching it.... lol

12.17.2011, 02:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Ever see Waterboys? its a Japanese film about a synchronised swimming team, not anime either but its incredibly whack and funny... Not what i watched today but husky's post reminded me of it

12.17.2011, 08:59 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I thought that it was an anime when I ordered it, but it turned out to be a live-action movie called "Kamikaze Girls" with Kyoko Fukada and Anna Tsuchiya. A real off the wall comedy with embroiderers and girl bikers... Bad mean types riding motor scooters... I wanted to stop watching it, but I also wanted to keep watching it just to see what would happen next. Oh and the lead was a massive Pachinko winner...

It was a weird movie..

And so must I be for watching it.... lol

I loooove Kamikaze Girls! So great, and I love the lolita clothing.

12.18.2011, 01:04 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yankees.... <3 XD Kamikaze Girls. lol

I made my best friend watch it with me. She was clearly dumbfounded.

I think my boyfriend would like it. :'D

I watched the new Sherlock Holmes movie yesterday. Going to see it with my boyfriend also. I dunno why, but it felt like it moved too quickly. I think I thought that due to the action scenes.

12.18.2011, 02:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

yep, lotta Yanki's in the movie...

Watched "Ghost in the Shell" movie again...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.18.2011, 08:58 PM.

12.18.2011, 08:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks