QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...    »  ]
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched "Summer wars". Loooved it! ^_^

12.19.2011, 05:13 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^
its good alright, i like Mamoru Hosoda as a director, even if he did bunk Ghibli after agreeing to do Howls Moving Castle

Watched Castle in the Sky, i mantain that the lack of sound is what really makes the film great, its hauntingly beautiful.

12.19.2011, 07:54 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night I watched Moon and Perfect Blue. Both were films I'd meant to watch for a while, and they were really interesting and I liked them a lot.

01.06.2012, 11:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

'Inside I'm Dancing'

Funny, but on a serious issue. Very good watch, really enjoyed it

Edit: Full stop

Post last edited by captain george on 01.16.2012, 07:32 PM.

01.16.2012, 07:31 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lately watched 'Alice in Wonderland' (Tim Burton version) with my love again. He never saw it and loved it, so do I. Of course, Burtons' work is always so original, weird at times and funny

Today I've watched the miniseries of 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall' and it was heavy, brilliantly acted and romantic, especially at the happy ending I loved this movie based on the story of Anne Bronte as well.

01.18.2012, 11:51 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

good to see you again, Kemi. "with your love" ??? Are you not telling us something??? lol

=================================

watched "Mai Mai Miracle" (or Mai Mai Shinko) I'm not sure of the exact title. It is similar in my mind to Totoro in some aspects, but way different in others. An enjoyable movie, IMO...

01.18.2012, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Watched 'The Treaty', a BBC and RTE joint effort to re-create the signing of the Anglo-Irish treaty of 1921 , it was made about 25 years ago.

Terrible acting by all but 2 of the cast, but historically accurate.

01.19.2012, 08:24 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

re-watching "Mai Mai Miracle"...

01.19.2012, 10:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
PrettyKittyMeowMeow
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PrettyKittyMeowMeow Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
I watched "Summer wars". Loooved it! ^_^

Straight up I got that one for christmas. It was one of my fav. presents.

01.20.2012, 01:35 AM PrettyKittyMeowMeow is offline   Profile for PrettyKittyMeowMeow Add PrettyKittyMeowMeow to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hi, PK... The only thing i don't like about my DVD is the subtitles. I'm having to translate the incorrect English subs and it detracts from the movie a bit. But, I still enjoy it.

Watching Aoi Hana right now... Subs are good, just fast.. On ep, 3 now and it seems to be shaping up to be a GL story... I'll see where it goes.

Yes... definitely a GL theme, but for all that I enjoyed it. didn't realize that I had gone thru all 11 eps until the DVD ended. 1AM...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.20.2012, 11:27 AM.

01.20.2012, 01:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

5 Centimetres Per Second

Unusually, i prefer the dub to this one :/

01.22.2012, 03:05 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
'Inside I'm Dancing'

Funny, but on a serious issue. Very good watch, really enjoyed it

Edit: Full stop

This is a fantastic film, there is also a few other films mentioned on this page that I loved (Summer wars and 5 centimetres per second) both favourites of my own.

Today I watched The Queen, Helen Mirrens performance as Queen Elizabeth Windsor the second was impecable and no wonder she won an oscar for it. The historical context and the plot line was accurate as well an all round 5 star film!!!

02.06.2012, 02:54 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen three movies recently, all of which I've been meaning to see for ages:

The Artist > Wow, I definitely understand all the Academy Awards. I loved it, it was a hugely different experience seeing a silent back and white film to anything I've previously seen in the cinema. Initially I found it slightly frustrating, as my ears kept reaching to hear all the mundane background noise that is taken for granted in most movies. Once I was used to it though and submersed in the plot and music I thought it was lovely. The cinematography is gorgeous and the acting was unfailingly charming. I do think it is a film that is primarily aimed at film enthusiasts opposed to the casual cinema goer though, I know a lot of people haven't enjoyed it on the basis of it being so quirky.

Pulp Fiction > I adore Tarantino so I've wanted to see this for ages, not to mention it's just so widely regarded that it was about time I got around to it! I found it very bizarre. I mean Tarantino is always bizarre but this was pretty weird even for him. The acting and dialogue was genius - espescially any of Samuel L Jackson's monologues, but I didn't enjoy the Bruce Willis sections of the movie quite as much. Overall I loved it but I prefer Kill Bill 1&2.

Sin City > I had higher expectations than this ended up warranting. It's very stylised, which I usually enjoy, but I found it too lacking in emotion. It stays pretty true to its neo-noir comic book heritage though, you have to give it that. Ironically enough I actually liked the Bruce Willis sections the most in this one! I don't think it's something I'd watch again though.

So yeah I'd recommend the first two but not the last.

02.08.2012, 05:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Since I've been offline a bit, I watched Pirates of the Carribean 'End of the World', I think is was. and saw 'Wall-E' again... I, again, enjoyed Wall-E...

02.11.2012, 06:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Hoshi o ou kodomo (Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below)
awesome movieee

02.18.2012, 05:56 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
Watched Hoshi o ou kodomo (Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below)
awesome movieee

Really want to watch this. I am a massive fan of Shinkai's work!!!!
Where can you get the DVD from?

02.18.2012, 08:23 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

WAAAAAHHHHH!!! I missed the original version of "The Parent trap" with Hayley Mills.....

But I at least got to see the 1998 Dennis Quaid version... Not as good as the original IMHO, but I still enjoyed it...

02.20.2012, 03:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Went to the area big screen theater and saw "Arrietty" just a little while ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I'd seen it before on DVD at home, but it was so much better in the theater. I was disappointed that there were only 18 people in the theater, 9 adults and 9 young kids. maybe 5 adults were there without kids, the others were parents or grandparents. It WAS early in the afternoon on a school day, so I am hoping that had something to do with the low turnout.

As for the movie, those of you who have seen it will know what I am talking about, but it was all I could do to hold it in... The urge to call out a certain "B" epithet to the one antagonistic character in the story. OOH, I wanted to so bad!!! lol But, Husky being Husky, I refrained because of all the little ears....

I enjoyed the storyline, the artwork and the characterisations...

02.22.2012, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Went to the area big screen theater and saw "Arrietty" just a little while ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I'd seen it before on DVD at home, but it was so much better in the theater. I was disappointed that there were only 18 people in the theater, 9 adults and 9 young kids. maybe 5 adults were there without kids, the others were parents or grandparents. It WAS early in the afternoon on a school day, so I am hoping that had something to do with the low turnout.

As for the movie, those of you who have seen it will know what I am talking about, but it was all I could do to hold it in... The urge to call out a certain "B" epithet to the one antagonistic character in the story. OOH, I wanted to so bad!!! lol But, Husky being Husky, I refrained because of all the little ears....

I enjoyed the storyline, the artwork and the characterisations...

In reference to your last bit I know what you mean, but I sat and watched it on DVD so I did call them the B word!! LOL!!

02.24.2012, 03:17 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The girl who leapt trough time.
Great film, recommend it to anyone who has not seen it.

02.24.2012, 03:23 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks