QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...    »  ]
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dislike paintings like that where one character is looking at the viewer. It would be a so much more beautiful image if they were looking at each other and we were privy to an intimate moment.

01.07.2010, 02:34 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think you're onto something there . . . . The fact that the guy is looking directly at her but she's turned away creates a weird disconnect between them. It's sort of like she's confiding in the viewer, "Check out this loser, I've got him hook, line, and sinker!"

01.08.2010, 12:13 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, something like that. Her expression as you say, doesn't help.

Though their clothes are beautiful and very well painted.

01.08.2010, 04:30 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's cosplay, but it's so damn cool it's worth showing off.

Jigoku Shoujo, Enma Ai (who, I learned later, is the actual name given to the girl in Japanese mythology or something).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.26.2010, 11:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She looks scary...like seriously. But I suppose that was the point.

01.26.2010, 11:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the red eyes, lol

but seriously, the girl in the center is cute...

01.27.2010, 01:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Maho_Fushida
Baron

I think... isn't it all the same girl?

What is that black stuff? It looks to me like ripped up nylon sheeting stuff?

Somewhat creepy but still cool!

01.27.2010, 04:20 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, love that first picture. It is, as you say, so damn cool. I don't know if authentic is the word I'm looking for but... meh.

My Anime List

01.27.2010, 07:01 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She looks like a doll. Like, the kind that comes alive at night and kills you in your sleep.

01.27.2010, 08:17 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those are really cool! I wouldn't ever want to actually meet her, but the pictures are definitely awesome.

01.27.2010, 09:15 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Maho_Fushida
What is that black stuff? It looks to me like ripped up nylon sheeting stuff?

Voodoo doll? Made out of ripped up nylon sheeting stuff?

01.27.2010, 09:27 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At least "nylon sheeting stuff" sounds okay, since I was expecting someone to say "garbage bag"

It's from the anime Jigoku Shoujo, or Hell Girl, so yeah it's supposed to be scary. The doll is supposed to be a straw voodoo doll, and you pull the red thread when you decide that you really want revenge on your target by sending him/her to hell pronto-- with the price that you do as well, when you die.

I saw a Naruto cosplay of Hyuga Hinata once where the girl wore clouded contacts, and she looked more like a life-sized doll of Hinata than an actual person.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.28.2010, 10:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll have to try and find the movie/show....
thx, Roar

01.31.2010, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The doll is supposed to be a straw voodoo doll, and you pull the red thread when you decide that you really want revenge on your target by sending him/her to hell pronto-- with the price that you do as well, when you die.

That... does not sound like a terribly useful power to have. In fact almost entirely valueless...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.03.2010, 08:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
The doll is supposed to be a straw voodoo doll, and you pull the red thread when you decide that you really want revenge on your target by sending him/her to hell pronto-- with the price that you do as well, when you die.

That... does not sound like a terribly useful power to have. In fact almost entirely valueless...

Depends on the kind of person you are IMO. If you're a destructive type and want to take as many people with you as you can, out of spite and vengeance, then I could see why someone might desire a power like that.

My Anime List

02.03.2010, 12:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

here are some more views of Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) that I found, along with the straw figures...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.04.2010, 12:31 AM.

02.04.2010, 12:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:

Depends on the kind of person you are IMO. If you're a destructive type and want to take as many people with you as you can, out of spite and vengeance, then I could see why someone might desire a power like that.

So you can take out more than one target but still only pay with your one soul?

I'm not sure the devil works like that...

But even so, its not something I can relate too seeing what eternity in hell might be like.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.05.2010, 06:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Only works with one victim, actually. And the girl is only the messenger. Watch the anime and you'll understand. It's kinda repetitive in the beginning, but gets very good in the last few eps.

2nd season I didn't finish, so no comment. Didn't watch the third.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.06.2010, 10:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Got the first disc... Will watch it later this week...

02.09.2010, 12:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Cute, and appropriate for today :

My Anime List

04.04.2010, 05:49 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks