QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Strange. I followed the same 2nd link in Roar's post again and her website layout and look were entirely different for me this time and I found the "1946 spring" image easily. How weird.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2014, 04:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You got lucky then, it took me a couple of hours of looking before I found the "1946" picture...

That's the one with the three injured girls hold the picture and the diplomas...

Just clarifying...

She is a very prolific artist...
------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

In looking at the three pictures together, there are cherry blossoms in all three. Since the girls seem to be the same in all three, I would hazard a guess that all three pictures are in the Spring of 1946...

not long before I was born, sigh... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.12.2014, 05:26 PM.

03.12.2014, 05:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wondered if the girl who died was the one who was giving the love letter but it isn't. The girl with pigtails kissing the envelope is still there in "spring 1946". The only other link is the boy behind the tree in the most recently found picture and another, or the same, schoolboy running across the road in the 2nd pic.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2014, 06:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As near as I can figure, the one who died is the one holding the open book in the street scene. It may not mean anything, but if you look at the eyes of both the boy and the girl with the braids, they are both looking the same way, making a sort of tenuous connection. The girl with the book (which I imagine to be a romance magazine) may be teasing the other girl about love and/or boyfriends...

03.12.2014, 06:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll have a look at that artist's page later on I think, I'm intrigued.

For now, I just saw this on Facebook and rather liked it.

My Anime List

03.25.2014, 09:39 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In honour of the shows I've finished most recently:

Hajime from Gatchaman Crowds

Hiyori from Noragami

Ringo and Himari from Mawaru Penguindrum

Ryuuko and Mako from Kill la Kill

Bonus Ryuuko picture

Post last edited by arren18 on 04.16.2014, 09:51 PM.

04.16.2014, 12:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Images #1 and #3 are blocked due to a no hotlinking policy. You'd have to host them somewhere I think, or find alternative sites.

04.16.2014, 02:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bah, okay, thanks. It's always frustrating when these things don't show up when I look at it, so I can't tell until someone points it out. I'll fix the links.

04.16.2014, 09:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, its all working now. The pic of Ringo and Himari is sweet. I haven't seen Norigami but its on my list to watch. The artwork of Hiyori is really appealing too.

04.17.2014, 05:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From my current season's favourite, introducing Fujimiya Kaori

Sorry for the size though.

I like the art style for this one especially.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.17.2014, 10:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

05.18.2014, 04:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07.08.2014, 11:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07.08.2014, 11:32 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07.08.2014, 11:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07.08.2014, 11:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I recognise the second one in that last post, but it's not something I've seen. I've just seen the character around somewhere.

Anyway, plenty of nice pictures. A bit much to take in though.

07.08.2014, 11:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

All good pics, but I liked the one of the girl with the camera the most. Such a happy smile.

07.08.2014, 01:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I came across a Pinterest page the other day full of cute anime girls (and no smutty ones at all) and downloaded lots. This is less than 10% of them

Most are very simple but very appealing and a lot are original artwork which is nice to see. The girl in the white dress is Menma from Ano Hana. I'll put more up as and when the mood takes me.

My favourites are the first one - Haruhi Suzumiya grinning like an idiot; and the last one. I like the posing of the figure and I think the hair is especially well drawn.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.08.2014, 01:28 PM.

07.08.2014, 01:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I particularly like the third picture in the final post. There's something about the thick lines and the way the artist did the hair and eyes.

07.08.2014, 09:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think I see what you mean, rather than a customary 'narrow band of highlight' across the crown of the hair the artist has put in much more highlight and lowlight and it gives the hairstyle a more three-dimensional look, so it has real volume.

07.09.2014, 06:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks