QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.23.2009, 01:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like that first one. The perspective is really cool.

09.23.2009, 01:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The girl in the second picture is a little . . . well, a little creepy actually, but the picture itself is still fantastic. Such a unique style; check out the textures on her shoulder, on the curtain. And the use of lighting.

I do like the first one very much too.

09.23.2009, 06:51 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's the low position of the light source, a face lit from below is always slightly creepy, though her eyes don't help. Perhaps though in daylight she'd be pretty?

I can't help thinking there should be more reflection in her spectacles though.

I think its a steampunk painting, the clothing is Victorian or Edwardian with an exaggerated 'chunky' edge to it and of course rather more eroticised as steampunk heroines often are.

As to the small creature floating out of the glass jar... your guess is as good as mine, but you could write a short story based on that one image.

But yes, lovely lighting and texturing. My favourite details are the shadow of her collar on her cheek and the way the gold threads in her skirt catch the light.

The artist of the lower two pictures is Tahra. She/he has done a good amount of fantasy and fantastical paintings with some strong male characters too, a few of which I'll upload in our male thread.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.23.2009, 08:38 PM.

09.23.2009, 08:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Here's another. A bit too much skin on this one for my taste but I wanted to upload it here for that fantastic headdress. It's called 'Crown'.

09.23.2009, 08:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The bottom pic by Tahra, when I first saw it, the hat alone made me think of FFF... not the rest tho... lol

I agree with the light and shadows effect in the first two pics... lovely expression of the two extremes

09.27.2009, 12:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Love her eyes.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.28.2009, 04:21 PM.

09.28.2009, 04:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, yes, pretty. ^^

Realized I'm making a pretty unique female character and I'm having trouble finding pictures to help..

09.28.2009, 09:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reminded me of Teru a little bit.

My Anime List

10.14.2009, 06:56 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, wow, that's a nice one. The night sky is so lovely. I am also a sucker for braids.

10.14.2009, 07:45 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Sazaneyes1991
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.31.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sazaneyes1991 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pai from 3x3 Eyes, an immortal, and certainly a goddess in my opinion.

11.01.2009, 10:39 PM Sazaneyes1991 is offline   Profile for Sazaneyes1991 Add Sazaneyes1991 to your buddy list Send an Email to Sazaneyes1991
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, she looks just like you in your avatar!

Kidding, lol A little provocative, though not my type.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.02.2009, 09:51 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like her figure she's not got one of those ridiculously over-curvy bodies some anime girls have, it's normal and nice. She also has a friendly smile.

11.02.2009, 06:29 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Mm, I was thinking that. She's not exaggerated. Nice change.

My Anime List

11.02.2009, 06:42 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Sazaneyes1991
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.31.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sazaneyes1991 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the emphasis is more on her character; very warm and affectionate.

11.02.2009, 08:35 PM Sazaneyes1991 is offline   Profile for Sazaneyes1991 Add Sazaneyes1991 to your buddy list Send an Email to Sazaneyes1991
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, I like it.

My Anime List

11.26.2009, 01:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

very nice, I like it. is she like a sailor scout? cuz the cat looks just like Artimas from sailor moon and the woman has a moon on her forehead.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

Post last edited by GhibStuFan on 11.26.2009, 11:07 PM.

11.26.2009, 11:06 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

She's something to with Sailor Moon, yeah. I didn't really pay attention to the specifics.

Saw this today; quite nice:

Kinda reminded me of Queen Otohime from Okami.

And this as well

I love the wolf in this more than anything else tbh.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 11.27.2009, 03:56 PM.

11.27.2009, 01:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw that Mononoke one. It's good. I can't see the other one though. I even went to deviantART and found it, but it still wouldn't show.

11.27.2009, 07:51 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never knew San could look so hot

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.27.2009, 09:08 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks