QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #5
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #5 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #5Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

DAY ELEVEN – SUNDAY 15 APRIL 2007 – EVENING -

NARRATOR

Sunday dawned wet and cold and the children went home from the party after breakfast, some hanging around until later. It was a slightly wet afternoon, rain had poured for a good part of the day but had let up for the time being. By early evening it was dry but clouds still hovered up above and the sky was darkening. On the shiny sidewalks down below, a boy was making his way around a suburban street corner...

Post last edited by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER on 05.04.2008, 04:38 AM.

01.24.2008, 06:09 PM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I strolled along the sidewalk, searching the houses for the number scrawled down on the note in my pocket. It was raining slightly, and the sky was beginning to darken. Did I go the wrong way?, I wondered nervously. After a few minutes, I came across my target - a homely looking place, a bit cramped, but with a nice aura to it. Hmmm.......I walked up to the door, paused, and took a moment to observe myself - slightly formal in appearance, slightly unruly hair as always - I thought for a moment of trying to neaten it using the reflection off the mailbox, but paused and grinned as soon as I started. [i]No way am I going to be one of those people.those. I smiled for a moment then rang the doorbell.

02.04.2008, 08:20 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The sound of the doorbell echoed through the house and I heard someone answer it. Then I looked over myself in the mirror and said, "Ah! I can't believe I'm not ready yet!!!" With that thought, I rushed to run the hairbrush through my hair one more time and put a touch of makeup on. I wrapped a scarf around my neck, grabbed my purse and twirled once in front of the mirror to see the colour of my dress shimmer from green to blue and then back to green. Hehe, so pretty!

When I got to the door, I saw Yuichi standing there with Dad and two of my brothers were eyeing him curiously from the hallway. He was nicely dressed but I couldn't help but smile at how his hair was still falling in his eyes."Hi Yuichi! Sorry to keep you waiting...oh, right. This is my Dad," I said in a rush to him and then turning to Dad, I said, "And this is Hasumi Yuichi."

"So I gather. Well have fun you two and don't stay out too late, mind," Dad said in his low, growling voice that scared a lot of people. I simply giggled a, "Yes Dad!" because I knew how terrible was at actually enforcing any rules.

I put on my shoes and stepped outside to find the air was misty with the aftermath of the rain early in the day and the ground damp. Taking in the smells of the rain, I turned to Yuichi who'd stepped out after me and asked, "So where to?" Good question, I thought, realizing that I had no idea where we were going other than the fact that it was a concert. Wouldn't you normally think to ask?

02.05.2008, 01:00 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er...wow, I thought silently - now that was a new look - and one I rather liked. I coughed to hide a faint smile and we left the house. I pulled out the tickets from my pocket and showed them to her - Seizo Azuma with guest cellist - "Okay," I said, almost apologetically, "I know this kind of stuff isn't for everybody, but I really do think that you'll like it a lot." Maybe I should have mentioned this before asking, but that seemed like a bit much. I walked towards the street and then sheepishly said, "I actually took the bus here......do you want to head to the train station or get a taxi instead?"

02.10.2008, 01:57 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He had coughed in the house and I was looking worryingly at him. "You didn't catch a cold did you? We were out all day yesterday ... and it's wet today."

I bit my lip as he explained and then asked him where we were going.

quote:
He answered almost apologetically, "I know this kind of stuff isn't for everybody, but I really do think that you'll like it a lot."
Seizo Azuma? I thought looking down at the tickets. A second later I knew why that name sounded so familiar. "Oh!" I exclaimed, "Azuma-san. You mean that famous one? I don't pay attention to these things much but I've heard he's really good. I heard right, then?"

There was a pause and then I realized why he'd sounded apologetic so I added, "Oh, if it's anything like you play, I'll love it." And I smiled sweetly up at him. Hm, I still have to look up even with heels? He's tall... We were walking towards the street and my hand was in my bag, playing with my new digicam, which I probably wouldn't be able to use during the concert, when Yuichi spoke up.
quote:
"I actually took the bus here......do you want to head to the train station or get a taxi instead?"
Spinning around to stand face-to-face with him, I grinned. Train or taxi, huh? "Guess!" I said in answer to his question. And then I turned again so I was on his other side.

02.14.2008, 03:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Hmm....Guess? I thought for a moment, I think there's something I should know at this point. "Okay, taxi it is," I said, praying that it was what she had in mind. I hailed one of the approaching taxicabs and we got inside. I knocked on the screen separating the driver from us and told him the directions, and then we were on our way. "So, I said suddenly, "You look great today," Ugh, I thought to myself, boy was that subtle. Passing over my embarrassment, I searched for some other topic, "Your family seemed very nice back there"

02.17.2008, 11:24 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

He hailed a taxi and I thought, Trains, silly...I wanted to ride the trains with you again. If it had been anyone else, I might have pouted after getting in but that was not the case. As we sat, he gave directions to the driver and I found myself smiling rather than pouting. Strange...but whatever. It didn't matter.

And then he was talking to me and saying something that made me blush. What? Why am I blushing...it's a perfectly civil thing to say! In response, I said, "T-thank you. You look really nice too." I bit my tongue hoping I hadn't made things awkward for him but he changed the subject considerately.

"Mm, yes. They are. Well for the most part. They scare away a lot of my friends that they don't like though, all wanting the 'best' for me...Oh but you don't have to worry about that. I think they like you!" That's got to be why you're still in one piece...

After a little silence, I sighed and said, "It's going to be lonely when they're gone...my brothers I mean. Two of them are getting married soon and one just...wants to get away from Dad. They're at home a lot less as well. It's enough for me to want a big family of my own when I'm older so someone's always around..."

I smiled to let him know I wasn't depressed, just nostalgic and wondered if Yuichi wanted one, a family that is...He has always been alone with his dad. Maybe he wants to keep it that way.

02.22.2008, 07:10 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Family..., I thought to myself. "Well, I guess when you grow up in a certain way it's hard to handle a big change....but it happens to everyone, right? Tell you what," I said with a small laugh, "if you feel lonely, just get a hold of me and I'll drop what I'm doing." I suddenly pictured myself getting up at 3 AM every day to answer a phone call and grinned. I looked out the window. We would be arriving at the concert hall soon. We were in the more urban part of town, and the sky was turning dark, illuminating the lights. "Usually, I come with my father to these sort of things," I said, "he was the one who persuaded me to ask you, actually....you should meet him sometime, I know he would like you...." I looked out the window again. Yep, we were almost there. "We're just about there...."

02.22.2008, 11:20 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

He basically told me what I already knew about my brothers going off to do their own thing. It was the usual sort of understanding thing I'd expect him to say however, right afterwards he gave a rare laugh that was followed by words that made my breath hitch in my chest. It was an odd feeling and completely unfamiliar. I'm...touched? All these questions came surging forward but suppressing them, I let a shy smile tug at my lips and replied with a simple, "Thank you." With Yuichi, I'd learned that sometimes words aren't necessary to convey what you'd like. This seemed to be one of those times as he had a far away look on his face and then a grin. Wonder what he was thinking of...

"Your father? I'd love to meet him; he sounds like a really neat person. Is that where your love for music comes from then?" I asked him, curious.

Wait...that means he told his father about me? I thought, at a loss for words before looking out the window to hear him say we were almost there. The city lights twinkled and the sky darkened prettily. "Do you think they're will be many people there?" I questioned after a bit. Having never been to one of these things, my curiosity was brimming.

02.23.2008, 01:59 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

"Yes," I replied, "Though he plays the violin. We play duets sometimes, it's very fun. You should come over sometime, I bet you'd like it." She inquired about the concert curiously, "Well, this is a smaller concert, but I think there will probably be a lot of people. Me and my father are really good friends with the owner though, so he usually lets me sit in the choir balcony when it's not being used, and it's much better then being squeezed between hundreds of people on the main level. Plus it has a great view of the hall. It's not being used today so I think we can sit up there." The taxi pulled up to the concert hall and I thanked and paid the driver, then opened the door and got out. "Come on," I said, offering my hand to help her up. The front doors weren't packed as they usually were, which indicated less of a crowd than usual. We approached the small line and I kept a lookout for the owner to come walking by. "Yeah, coming here with my father has kind of been a tradition. Even though he's away a lot, working, he usually gets tickets to the Sunday concert. It's nice to just sit and enjoy music with people you're close to."

02.23.2008, 11:03 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

"Really?" I said in wonder when he told me about the duets he played with his father, "That sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'd like it as well...though I wish I knew more about music..." I added on a wistful note. It is such a big part of Yuichi's life. Shaking my head mentally, I went on, "But it's okay, since you're showing me all these interesting things about it!" And it was true. It seemed that whenever I was with him, I learned something more about music and inadvertly, something about him.

Prompted by my inquiry, he started to describe what the concert would be like. I took a sharp breath when he told me about the balcony and said, "Great! I love high up places. Do we get the whole balcony to ourselves then?" I asked a few more questions about the concert, one leading to the other and before I knew it, the taxi pulled up to the curb and we were there. Once he got out, he surprised me by holding his hand out, a gesture I was unused to but I took it without hesitation. It was nice and warm and...something else. As we threaded through the people passing by, he started talking again and distracted, I looked around at where we were.

"Tradition hm? I think we have something like that in my family...once a month Daddy and I will cook mountains of things for the family and everyone will be there. Friends too; you have to come to the next one! Then you can see my 'nice' family for the devils they are." Laughing, I listened as we told me more about his father and him. "Then it must be nice when you do get to spend time with him...but does that mean you're alone at home a lot?" I asked, realizing he was giving up time he could have been spending with his father so I could come with him. That realization was coupled with the thought, '...people you're close to'...that means we're close, right? I felt a small surge of warmth flow through me and then, smiling, I skipped a few steps to keep up with his long strides.

02.24.2008, 02:42 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

"That sounds like a great idea," I said, as she mentioned a sort of dinner with her family. They did seem nice, and the experience of a large family gathering was something I had largely forgotten. "Yes, I'm usually alone at home," I said, "and when you're a kid, you love being home alone because you can do anything you want, but after a while, you notice that it's not as great as you thought." I stopped there, not wanting to continue on that slightly depressing note.

I kept a lookout for my father's friend and found him behind the receptionist's desk, helping out with some sort of ticket problem. When he was finished, I waved and he came over, grinning. I introduced him to Mai and asked if there were any free balcony seats today. He said that one happened to be empty and ushered us along with him. "It's a really good view," I said, as we followed him.

He led us in, told us to enjoy the show and then went off to resume his other duties. I looked around at the familiar balcony. Like any other, a cluster of seats with a fancy railing and a broad view of the entire hall, which was still beginning to fill up. The large concert piano stood in the center of the room, with an additional chair near it, presumably for the cellist. "Pretty cool, isn't it?," I asked with a broad smile.

03.02.2008, 06:50 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

He agreed to come visit and happy, I said, "Great! I'll let you know when it is, then." Then he was telling me about how he was alone at home and something shifted in his face, like it fell into the shadows. But it was only momentary and when the shadowed look disappeared, I addressed him softly but with determination, "Well, you know where I am if ever you feel it isn't that great, right?"

Right then, Yuichi seemed to see something, or rather someone and waved at him. My eyes followed his hand rather than who he was waving and inexplicably, I felt the need to duck my head and hide the silly smile on my face. By the time the man came over, my face was composed again and I politely shook hands with him when Yuichi introduced me to him. We followed him to the now infamous balcony. Yuichi said something to me but I missed it as I was looking around. It was beautiful. Dark and light at the same time, the seats looked elegant but comfortable and finally, we stood in the balcony, looking out below us. The owner left and I turned to Yuichi, to find that his smile matched mine. "Yes. It's amazing! No wonder you like it so much. And the concert hasn't even started yet...hm, how long are these things, actually?" I spoke in a rush, the excitement making me act like I was 10. Breathing deeply, I leaned out over the railing, as far as I could to take in everything.

When my eyes rested on the piano that stood emitting a brightness that I thought impossible for something so black, I turned back and flounced to a seat. Closing my eyes for a second, I remembered the song he had played for me and said outloud, "Do you ever play for concerts and such? Or do you just play for fun?"

03.08.2008, 06:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

I trailed off while talking about my home life and smiled when she determinedly reassured me. I may not have expressed it as well as I hoped, but that did boost my spirits considerably. We continued to take in the sights of the large concert hall. Times like these, I felt very grateful to have oppurtunities like this - being stuffed in center rows down on the main floor wasn't the greatest introduction to this kind of thing. Mai asked me how long the concerts usually were and I thought for a moment, "I don't think this one will be too long. Maybe an hour and a half or so. Usually these concerts can go for hours but this is a smaller community event.....in fact we might even be able to meet the performer on stage sometime."

We took a seat near the railing and I watched her take in the sights earnestly, though I didn't want to stare. When she turned towards me I shifted suddenly, pretending that I had been fidgeting with something in my hands. When she asked about my own performing, "You know, my father always tells me I should do that sometime, but I just don't know if I'm the performing type, the kind of guy people make an effort to come out and watch." I thought about the day I had played for her back at school, "I mean, I was nervous beyond belief that day we were in the music room.." Why was that?

The seats in the audience were almost completely filled. The spotlights were still dimmed, however. I looked around the choir loft - was anyone else going to be coming? Suddenly I felt a bit self-conscious sitting there in that loft.

03.14.2008, 10:22 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

"Only an hour or so long? That's a shame...I could stay up here forever," I said, returning his smile, "But anyways, we could really meet him? That sounds like a neat idea..." I trailed off to look over the railing from where we were seated and watched the seats fill up in fascination.

Turning back to Yuichi, I saw him move suddenly from the corner of my eye and found him fidgeting with his hands. Oh, I not boring him with my ignorance, am I? I thought, my smile falling a fraction. Silently scolding my family for only ever taking me to baseball games and the like, I shifted the conversation to another direction by asking him if he ever performed. He seemed unsure of his skills as a performer and that made my heart fill up with something really sweet. My smile returned with full force because this was something I knew about. I assured him, "Nervous, really? I couldn't tell one bit. As for performing, of course people would come see you! You were wonderful in the music room and I bet you'd be even better up on a stage like this. Performers, I think, of any kind will always be nervous but then they get up on the stage and do whatever they're good at. The best part is when they're doing their thing, you can see the love they hold for their art and that does funny things to the person watching. Good funny things. You can do that and I'm living proof...so don't let that idea hold you back from performing if you ever want to, 'kay?"

I know you'd shine. I thought as I let my hair fall as a curtain between us. I watched him through it and saw him look around and seem decidedly...uncomfortable? Again? Maybe I'd said too much... I decided to ask him, "Yuichi? Is everything alright?"

03.15.2008, 03:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Stay up here forever? I didn't say it out loud, but the thought was a nice one. I couldn't help but feel some sort of warmth as she described her positive reaction to the time I had played for her. Good funny things...? I thought back more clearly to that day in the music room. I had played well, I supposed. But not just well. Better than usual. And I realized at that moment why I had played better, because I had a new reason to play well. My sudden pause must have seemed odd, as she asked me if I felt okay. "I'm fine, really," I said earnestly, "I'm just...you know, glad to hear you talk about my playing like that....and, I think....," I kept talking, trying too hard to not seem nervous and not thinking of what I was saying..."I think that I played better because it was you that was watching me.....and it really made me want to play really well because....." Too much, too much, said a voice from the back of my head. I felt like the honest and direct instinct in me was fighting a battle with the guy who wanted to be the cool character from a television drama.

But this wasn't T.V., this was reality, and "that guy" wasn't not really my type anyways, for better or for worse. I grinned and kept going, "because I wanted you to like me more, and that was all I was thinking of....." I let it trail off and kept looking at her, Do you know what I mean?.... Well, there it is...Honesty won out and it'll either be rewarded or punished. I kept my smile as I watched for her reaction, but the lights suddenly dimmed. We hadn't noticed that the performers were up on stage and they were ready to play. They must have arrived during our conversation. Up in the balcony it was the darkest and it would take a short time for our eyes to adjust, so I couldn't see the expression on her face or her reaction. The pianist and cellist began their performance with a Baroque suite that I did not recognize. We couldn't speak as our voices would certainly carry through the hall which was silent except for the performers. It was pleasant music, but I was most excited a while later along the program. I immediately recognized the piece. The Swan, Saint-Saëns **. I sighed as the melody washed over me and I knew that this was a piece she would enjoy. I ruffled my hair without thinking as I often do when nervous, but noticed and rested it back on the armrest.

** The Swan

Post last edited by Theowne on 03.23.2008, 08:36 PM.

03.23.2008, 08:36 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

He started to answer my question and I barely heard the first few words in my nervousness.

"...glad to hear you talk about my playing like that..."

A smile played on my lips but for some reason, it wouldn't work properly and stay there.

"...I think that I played better because it was you that was watching me..."

My smile faded as my eyes widened and the blood rose to my head.

"...and it really made me want to play really well because..."

And then the blood rushing in my veins seemed a small matter for my heart fell out of place and kept falling. Flustered, I turned my eyes away from him and stared at his hand as he paused. He's just saying he did better because he had an audience. That's all...but then, why does it feel like he's saying something entirely different?

"...because I wanted you to like me more, and that was all I was thinking of..."

Because he is...I think, I answered my question as my eyes involuntarily drew back to his patient and kind ones. I saw the searching look they held and tried to answer but I couldn't...I didn't even know what the question was. And so I fell back in relief and disappointment when the lights dimmed suddenly and the music carried up to where we were sitting. As the first few notes hit me, so did understanding. I knew what he'd said and what he'd meant and also what he'd asked. I didn't quite get to my answer for I felt this surge of feeling rise up and fall with a persistency much like that of ocean waves. With each wave, I was drawn into this pool of feelings until I was completely lost.

What if I'm wrong?

Looking down at the pianist, I silently mouthed another question, {{ Do I ... like Yuichi? }}

I didn't know the answer or even where the question had come from but I understood something else. I want everyone to applaud him for how wonderful he is but also, a selfish part of me that I'm not very well acquainted with, wants to keep him to myself. I don't want to share him or how he makes me feel when he plays in the music room for me, or when he tells me to call him anytime, or when he thinks and his hair falls in his eyes. Is this what liking someone feels like?

Beside me, Yuichi sighed and shifted and his proximity came crashing down on me. Oh I hope he can't hear my thoughts! I thought stupidly as I told my hands to unclench and moved them to the armrests. The hand on Yuichi's side froze suddenly, about half a centimeter away from the armrest. The tips of my fingers had grazed against his sleeve so slightly that I wouldn't have felt it if I hadn't been so aware of him. Resisting the urge to draw my hand away, I adjusted the posititioning and rested it on the armrest. You didn't feel that, did you? Please tell me you didn't. I could barely look you in the eye as it is... That's when I noticed that the piece had changed to something rather beautiful. For the first time in the night, I actually listened to the music and let it wash over me. My concerns faded into the distance and I thought, This is what Yuichi loves... and things didn't seem so bad.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 03.25.2008, 04:21 AM.

03.25.2008, 04:18 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

An insecure part of my mind was telling me, Just take a coin, pretend to scratch your head and toss it near the wall. Mai will turn around in surprise at the sudden noise, and in that second I can dash to the emergency exit and run outside. Then, I'll board a plane to Madagascar and never speak of this again.

.......Right. Cut it out, I thought. The musicians down on the stage were smiling and continuing their music. Meanwhile, I was sitting in that seat for what seemed like an eternity, brooding over what I had just told her a moment ago. I looked sideways, trying to glance at her expression without turning my head. All I saw were strands of her hair. Could it be possible that she was happy? Or am I just being optimistic? What if she was actually amused and holding in her laughter? What if I had simply set myself up for embarrassment?

Okay, usually when the musicians stop, the spotlights go off briefly before the main lights are turned on. In that brief moment of darkness, I'll climb over the balcony railing, fall to the main floor and dash out the main entrance before the lights come back on. Then, straight to Madagascar.

I rolled my eyes. Don't be silly, I thought. I wasn't going anywhere until the music ended and the intermission came up. Suddenly I felt something on my arm. I looked sideways - Mai's hand was frozen beside mine - and I definitely felt as if she had touched my arm. By accident? I was thinking about this when a possibility suddenly came to my head - what if she was as tense and nervous as I was? I don't know why, but the thought made me turn my head and give her a small smile. Maybe it was to make her feel comfortable, or maybe it was just to ease my own nervousness, I don't know. Nothing to do but wait, I thought. The musicians returned to their haunting melody and I couldn't help but think that no matter what happened, this was a moment I'd always remember.

03.29.2008, 09:55 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

As I was moving my hand to place it on the armrest, it grazed Yuichi's arm and I froze. Did he notice? I was afraid to look at him. But I did anyways. As if I could stop myself. I was looking at him before I even thought that I couldn't possibly do it. I could see him looking down to where my hand and just as I was about to turn back to look down into my lap, his eyes came up to my face.

Oh, so there's my heart, I thought randomly as I felt its insistent beating against my chest. I couldn't see his face very well in the dark and I wondered what kind of expression he had on it. Dark as it was though, it was impossible to miss the smile he gave me. I was so familiar with the way his mouth widened and one corner sometimes went higher up than the other; how his inquisitive eyes became warm. It as impossible to miss as it was for me to not smile back.

I might have been overthinking it...I probably was but there was something in this moment that made me incredibly happy. Happier than my family ever did, happier than my friends did or the sun or even cake. It was an unfamiliar sort of uncertain happiness, one that I'd never felt before. And somehow, I knew it was because Yuichi was sitting next to, because of his words and his smile.

Some time passed and there was now a haunting sort of piece playing down below. I gave him a sidelong glance and couldn't look away. He'll turn any second and find me staring... I thought but still didn't turn away. It was more like I couldn't. Suddenly I thought how silly I'd been to think that I was here for the music. It was beautiful, more beautiful than anything I'd ever heard before. In reality though, before I'd even realized it, I was thinking that I want to see more of Yuichi's world. That's why I was here. To see it and...and become a part of it. I want to become a part of it...

The music floated around me as I looked at him from the side and hoped that I wasn't the only one agonizing over whatever this was.

03.30.2008, 05:39 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks