QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you. I kept coming up with something else...

09.22.2011, 08:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been reading Junjou Romantica/Egoist for the last few days. Enjoying it so far. Seems the anime stuck very close to it though, so that makes it a little less interesting to read. Might get some new material as it goes on.

My Anime List

10.16.2011, 04:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started re-reading Kare Kano again.... I enjoyed it the first time so I thought that I'd read it again...

10.17.2011, 06:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Evanyoung
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.01.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Evanyoung Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished volume five of Bleach will be starting with the sixth volume soon

11.01.2011, 05:46 AM Evanyoung is offline   Profile for Evanyoung Add Evanyoung to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Go for it, Evanyoung and enjoy...

Welcome to the Tavern....

11.01.2011, 11:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
Right now I'm reading School Rumble and Kimi ni Todoke.
Also recently finished Nineteen, Twenty-one. Really loved the art (and story too) from that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandireya
Fullmetal Alchemist is my all-time favourite...no dragging...no dangling plotlines or plotholes...

I want to read FMA, if only I had more time...T_T
Heard it's really different from the anime.

Ah I read Nineteen, Twenty-one too! I thought the art was really beautiful, even if the story felt a little slow moving. It was very beautiful though. Kimi ni Todoke is so, so good.

I'm currently reading too many manga to even name, I use the Mangafox service of bookmarking my favourites and generally have two or three chapters a day to read of various mangas updating. It's mainly shoujo, so if anybody is interested in that and looking to read some good ones I'm happy to recommend~

11.02.2011, 09:23 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Got "Somedays Dreamers" yesterday at the library. I'll start reading it today...

11.06.2011, 01:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
It's mainly shoujo, so if anybody is interested in that and looking to read some good ones I'm happy to recommend~

Well, I already have a lot I want to read, but I guess some more won't hurt ^^ What do you recommend?

11.10.2011, 02:13 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shiawasse Kissa Sanchoume is a completed one that is greaaaat! Really cute and quirky characters. Any of Motomi Kyousuke's works are really good, particularly Beast Master. A recent manga which is quite similar to Beast Master and is so far pretty good is Boku wa Ookami. Another finished one I liked a lot was My Pet Momo.

Starting to realise there's such a theme here ahaha.

Usotsuki Lilly is nice and fairly unusual. Love So Life is super sweet and very laidback.

Yup all those are worth a try I think.

11.10.2011, 05:23 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Psychedelic.Ink
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Psychedelic.Ink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dragon Ball!
I've seen the whole series and read a bunch of random chapters just to admire Akira Toriyama's art style,
but now I'm reading it from start to finish.
Been looking for Monkey Punch's Lupin III but I can't find it anywhere! Does anybody know where I might be able to find it?

01.02.2012, 08:54 PM Psychedelic.Ink is offline   Profile for Psychedelic.Ink Add Psychedelic.Ink to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

If nobody has said it yet, WELCOME to the Tavern, Ink...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.02.2012, 11:40 PM.

01.02.2012, 11:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Got and read vol 10 in the "Yotsuba" series... It so reminds me of my own daughter when she was that young. Her awakening awareness of the world and her many questions.

01.10.2012, 01:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Psychedelic.Ink
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Psychedelic.Ink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Got and read vol 10 in the "Yotsuba" series... It so reminds me of my own daughter when she was that young. Her awakening awareness of the world and her many questions.

Yotsuba& is great!!! Is that the most recent one? I'll definitely start reading Yotsuba& again.

And thanks for welcoming me Husky!

01.12.2012, 12:49 PM Psychedelic.Ink is offline   Profile for Psychedelic.Ink Add Psychedelic.Ink to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic.Ink
quote:

Yotsuba& is great!!! Is that the most recent one? I'll definitely start reading Yotsuba& again.

And thanks for welcoming me Husky!

No, I believe there is a vol 11 out, but it is the Japanese version...

as for the welcoming, doitashimaste

01.12.2012, 08:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

checking out some of the manga at the library...
"The Book of Friends"
"Kimi Ni Todoke"
"Nana"
ans "Hellsing"...

Big surprise for me. The Library Director told me that his sister now works at a manga distributorship in Los Angeles and he told her about me and my interest. he said that she will see that I get some of them as they come out!!! That will be fun... heeeeeeeeeee...

01.14.2012, 10:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

My thoughts...

Hellsing:
stories of vampires and ghouls with lots of gore and some small humor. Not really my cup of tea, but i will probably read some more of it to see if it grows on me...

Book of Friends:
Natsume Reiko inherits a 'Book of Friends' containing the names of Yokai (spirits?) over whom he has control. His desire is to free them from their bondage to him before they kill him. Ok I guess, I'll read it for the occasional humor...

Nana:
Apparently there are two 'Nana's'. One is a punk rock singer/guitarist with a boyfriend issue. The other 'Nana' sees males as a never ending supply of loves. When she is left by one, she almost immediately latches onto another She doesn't see 'men' as friends, just as love interests and she appears to be attracted to '20 somethings'. BTW, the 'Nana's' don't appear to know each other.

Last, but not least,
kimi ni todoke:
I love this one... Sadako is a 15 yr old that people are afraid of. They think she has special cursing powers and sees ghosts. This tale seems to follow her birth as a new girl thru the help of her friends. I really liked the storyline. It is not your typical 'coming of age' scenerio. I'll get more of these first...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.16.2012, 01:21 PM.

01.16.2012, 01:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read "Ayako" today... A hard back book by Osamu Tezuka.

It was recommended to me by our local library director and I did enjoy it although it is not my usual cup of tea. A very dark tale of the Tengu family starting in 1949.

01.26.2012, 11:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read vol 3 of "kimi ni todoke" and vol 1 of "Short Sunzen" (Susugi Sakurai)

Got vols 4-6 of "kimi ni todoke" and vol 2 of "Short Sunzen" in the mail... went on a sort of reading frenzy, lol...

Gotta wait for the next vol of "... Sunzen" to be published, now and waiting for the next 6 vols of "kimi,,," to arrive.

meanwhile...
read "Maniac Road" vol 1 (now awaiting vol 2) and Lagoon Engine"... meh! is about all I can say about that one. Read vols 1 and 2 and don't really care for it.

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.02.2012, 12:13 PM.

01.28.2012, 05:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
avarofurbin
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by avarofurbin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started Rurouni Kenshin few days ago.Its pretty entertaining.

02.07.2012, 03:27 AM avarofurbin is offline   Profile for avarofurbin Add avarofurbin to your buddy list
jina445
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Read "Ayako" today... A hard back book by Osamu Tezuka.

It was recommended to me by our local library director and I did enjoy it although it is not my usual cup of tea. A very dark tale of the Tengu family starting in 1949.

I'm reading "The Book of Human Insects" which just came from amazon, by Osamu Tezuka.

husky51, "Ayako" is a dark tale, but if you really want to read Tezuka's best ever you got to read Buddha, it's 8 volumes, but believe me you have never read anything like it. It's one of the best manga stories ever!!!

Buddha Vol.1

02.07.2012, 05:34 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks