QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Coppelion. Because I've given up on the anime every happening =(

Oh wow, I'd forgotten that was ever even supposed to happen. And when it was first announced I thought it sounded worth watching.

11.30.2012, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

See You In Eden by Souryo Fuyumi (mangaka for Mars). It's about this girl's time in high school, one chapter for every year. So nostalgic. And a bit sad.

I keep coming across good shoujo manga that kind of break away from the stereotypical genre defining stuff. It's awesome!

11.30.2012, 03:58 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm on a manga spree...

Also started 'Are you Alice'

12.01.2012, 01:28 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finished the last chapter of 'Cross Game' I am going to go back and re-read the entire 8 volumes again very soon, it was that enjoyable to me.

It is basically about a boy and four sisters who are his neighbors and their interactions throughout their growing years. There is a lot of different emotions expressed, different personalities of them and their friends and it all revolves around baseball...

I highly recommend it.

01.03.2013, 03:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm on a manga spree...

Also started 'Are you Alice'

I've so lost track of that... and Karneval. Oh my god, both have such beautiful art work.. and I somehow stopped following them. Why..

I think a manga called Reimei Arcana. About a red haired princess who marries the prince of a neighbouring country to stop the warring between the two nations. Anyhow, at first they're at each other's throats and her companion/servant always looks ready to snap the prince's neck (lol I think I'm in love with Loki, but Caesar is just... ekgfmfkgkhk CAESAR, why you so adorable? I guess I don't go for the enigmatic second male leads anymore). It's good. But when it takes a twist, it takes a twist.. and hits you in the face.

01.06.2013, 08:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

re-reading "Densha Otoko" or Trainman

01.10.2013, 09:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading Shengeki no Kyojin, so not my usual thing. It's about how human civilisation has been killed off by these...giant-like beings, and forced to live within a series of walls - some of which have been progressively being destroyed. The giants appeared seemingly from nowhere and seem to have no other purpose in life than the destruction of humanity.

The art for it is super creepy. Like the giants bodies and their faces are really grotesque, and the drawings of them ripping people apart is awful. It makes for an unsettling read but definitely an absorbing one.

01.13.2013, 02:43 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished reading Molester Man. No, it's not hentai.

The series has a parallel story to Train Man (Densha Otoko) and, like it, is based on a true story. As the title goes, a man is mistaken for a molester, and ends up befriending the girl and her friends.

Highly recommended, also for the lols from the genius translators who actually made it very funny to read.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.16.2013, 10:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

based on your recommendation, I'll check it out. I like the Densha Otoko tale...

EDIT:
found the story on an online site and read as far as chap 2. I am quite liking this and I see the resemblence to Densha Otoko... I've bookmarked it for further reading later...
Thanks, Roar

editedit:
finished chap 5... not sure where this is going... first Miss Understanding, then all four girls shopping with MM, then Kansai and MM... lot of twists and turns here... enjoyable, though...

also read the first volume of Mayo Chiki!

editx3:
MM is like Trainman, but a bit more risque in its dialogue... addicting, tho. You finish a chapter and it draws you into the next one... chap 14 now...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.18.2013, 06:27 AM.

01.16.2013, 01:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

finished Molester Man... It was a good story, not at all like the title implies... The name comes from a misunderstanding at the outset. Many of the characters names are aliases, like the lead is always referred to as Molester Man (or simply 'Molester'), there is 'Miss Understanding' and 'Glasses', etc. and a whole lot of reference to the series "Trainman" and even some Ghibli mentions. Chap 18 was a bit steamy, so to speak, but no different IMO than Kare Kano..

Overall a good read...

01.19.2013, 12:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad you liked it.

There's a darker and more risque manga called Masturbation Master that may not go down very well for some people, but the story itself very solid and sometimes heartbreaking. It even has a continuing short story that doesn't add much to the great ending, but still very worth reading.

I tell you, sometimes it's amazing what randomly generated "recommended" title can get you. It's how I discovered Emanon, My Girl (highly recommended) and Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan (also HIGHLY recommended).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.20.2013, 01:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Roar:
OK, I was able to read the manga in its entirety, but when I went to sign up I got the the security part where you had to solve a puzzle, then take the secret code that was shown and enter it into the appropriate space. But i never got a 'code' to enter... I tried it 5 or 6 times with no result... It was the Batoto site that MM was on.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong...

01.20.2013, 05:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
littlelassie
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.13
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by littlelassie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just started reading molester man...finished the first chapter!

01.20.2013, 04:28 PM littlelassie is offline   Profile for littlelassie Add littlelassie to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Er, try mangafox? I don't use batoto.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.20.2013, 11:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished the Mayo Chiki! series. A good deal of fan art, but ignoring that, I liked the character developments...

Hopefully there will be more chapters...

I also found Vol 12 of Yotsuba&!, a beautiful series with a 5 yr old girl learning about life. This last one contained a bit about how Blue paint doesn't come off the hands with just soap and water... and Daddy doesn't help by saying that it will be like that forever... Not what Yotsuba wanted to hear... tears ensued, lol...

Oh yeah, I was up until 4:30 AM reading it... sigh... Goo thing I don't have to get up for work or school... lol

=======================================

Oh man, this is a great manga, I'm loving it... Thanks for the recommend, roar... Oh, yeah, hahaha, it "My Girl"... I've laughed and I've cried and I'm only done with Chap 9...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.25.2013, 04:35 AM.

01.25.2013, 01:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have read 190+ chapters of Beezlebub.

Considering it is a manga primarily about fist-fights and boobs, how the hell did that happen?!?!

It's just so...I don't even know. Addictive maybe? BUT WHY. Even I'm confused at how much I've enjoyed this manga ahaha.

02.02.2013, 09:26 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
I have read 190+ chapters of Beezlebub.

Considering it is a manga primarily about fist-fights and boobs, how the hell did that happen?!?!

It's just so...I don't even know. Addictive maybe? BUT WHY. Even I'm confused at how much I've enjoyed this manga ahaha.

hahahahaha...
better, I suppose that boob-fights and fists...

Don't know which would be the more painful... don't wanna find out!!!

02.02.2013, 02:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
DearPetal
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.19.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DearPetal Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Curently stuck on book 14 of Wallflower. To busy with school and dont have time to read it

03.19.2013, 11:17 AM DearPetal is offline   Profile for DearPetal Add DearPetal to your buddy list Send an Email to DearPetal
husky51
The Old Guy

I received the final three volumes of 'Kimi ni Todoke' yesterday and plan to read them today and tomorrow. Then I'll probably give them to my local Library to finish their collection...

======================================

DearPetal, WELCOME to the Tavern... Hope you enjoy it here and we love to see new people in here...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.19.2013, 01:42 PM.

03.19.2013, 01:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
DearPetal
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.19.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DearPetal Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's cool. Donating books never thought of that.

Hi! Thank you. Glad to find a place where I can chat with people who like the samethings I do.

03.19.2013, 03:50 PM DearPetal is offline   Profile for DearPetal Add DearPetal to your buddy list Send an Email to DearPetal
[  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks