QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm...manga series that I'm reading...

Ouran High School Host Club, even though it's just finished :'( is probably my favourite manga but Kaichou Wa Maid-sama comes in as a very, very close second.

I'm actually impressed with how Bleach has been going lately since it did have a drop in standards a couple of months ago.

Gakuen Alice has become rather exciting recently. I really can't wait to hear what's coming next.

Other than that, the majority of the manga series that I read are oneshots or are completed. I would ask for recommendations but I'm really picky when it comes to the art in mangas - if I don't like it then I won't read it, regardless of how good the story may seem.

10.07.2010, 01:01 PM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have read Love Hina, Chobits and Yotsuba!~ completes and I think you might like 'Miki Falls' or 'Wish'... all are good IMO

I am currently reading 'Kare Kano' ( also known as 'His & Her Circumstances') I am on vol 15, but I think that I missed something in vol 14 so I will re-read that.

Edit:
figured out what the problem was... I had finished vol 13 and put it on the shelf and picked up the next one, thinking it was the next in line, BUT I had misfiled the mangas and picked up vol 15 instead... completely bypassing vol 14... all corrected now and I've finished vol 16...

WAAAAAAA! now I gotta wait until vol 17 arrives in the mail.....

and I've got all the vols except vol 20... I've only see it for sale in Japanese.... which doesn't help me... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.07.2010, 08:10 PM.

10.07.2010, 01:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't even remember the last manga I finished. D8 Actually, I do... WHY IS EVERY EFFING SERIES ENDING THIS YEAR???

And it's too bad, Husky, I found all the volumes of Kare Kano on the sales rack here about a year or two ago. >.<; I own four or five volumes myself.

I'm hoping to be able to find the original 9 volumes of Pet Shop of Horrors soon. Q-Q I only own volume 10.. Really badly want them.

10.08.2010, 01:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

goes PHllpppp! at FFF, lol

I found one so there... lol

Now I will have the entire set and just waiting for #17 to arrive...

10.12.2010, 12:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

sigh, still waiting for vol 17 to arrive... Now I won't know until Saturday when I get home again.... rats!

I absolutely refuse to read #18 or later first... I want to keep the continuity going...

meanwhile, I got vol 4 and 5 of Haruhi Suzimiya from the library and read them today.

===================
reading "Kill Me Kiss Me" by Lee Young Yuu vol 1 and 2

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.17.2010, 11:24 PM.

10.15.2010, 12:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read "Cromartie High School"... An all boys school and supposedly like "Azumanga Daioh" but in a boys school... I must say, I was sorely disappointed in both the manga and the DVD. Have no desire to read or watch any further episodes...

11.17.2010, 12:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Manga
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.18.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manga Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently reading Fate Stay Night

11.18.2010, 04:19 AM Manga is offline   Profile for Manga Add Manga to your buddy list Homepage of Manga
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently got into Vampire Knight (I even got the fanbook as a prize when I went to a manga event at my loval Forbidden Planet. Happy face!) and Kyo Kara Maoh!

It's a slight love-hate relationship with Vampire Knight since Yuuki-chan really irritates me but not as much as Kaname-sama. That said, I've read this far so I don't feel that it's possible for me to drop it and remain satisfied haha

Kyo Kara Maoh!, on the other hand, is really entertaining me. ^_^ I like Conrart the best. He's just full of win.

11.24.2010, 07:11 PM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
husky51
The Old Guy

I was reading "Densha Otoko" and liked it so much that I ordered the 2nd and 3rd books online...

11.24.2010, 09:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Densha Otoko is a manga?!

I saw the movie in my Japaneses class and I had no idea it was a manga. Must reaaaaaaaad~

11.26.2010, 12:24 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
Densha Otoko is a manga?!

I saw the movie in my Japaneses class and I had no idea it was a manga. Must reaaaaaaaad~

Yes, there are two sets of manga. One the original and one with the same title, but 'Train Man' underneath the 'Densha Otoko'. Different artists, I believe the second one came out with the movie... I do know that the storyline varies a bit in places (ie; things left out or things put in)

11.26.2010, 06:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ogami
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.01.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ogami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Buddha by Osamu Tezuka.

01.01.2011, 10:56 PM Ogami is offline   Profile for Ogami Add Ogami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Just idly reading some of the "Ah, My Goddess" books...

As well as watching, off and on, the later 'Flights of Fancy' eps on DVD...

01.05.2011, 12:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

reading the "Nana" books... vols 1, 2 and 3...

edit:
gave it up after going part way thru vol 1... I just couldn't see it. It seemed to me to be slanted towards being a book a girl might read and enjoy. I just couldn't get into it, y'know.

First book I've totally given up on in a long while.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.29.2011, 11:14 AM.

01.16.2011, 04:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ I remember reading Nana in my Shojo Beat magazines... I never really liked it...

Currently reading Fruit's Basket volume 4

02.05.2011, 02:41 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
aluka
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.29.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aluka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just picked up the first 5 volumes of Guru Guru Pon-chan,
Its cute

02.08.2011, 05:27 AM aluka is offline   Profile for aluka Add aluka to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by aluka
I just picked up the first 5 volumes of Guru Guru Pon-chan,
Its cute

Ahhh it's so cute! Stick with it

02.10.2011, 05:12 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

reading "Fullmetal Alchemist"...

and "Moon Phase"

and "Oshinbo"

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.15.2011, 05:21 PM.

02.13.2011, 11:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Planetes and doing some catch up on Shippuuden.

Also, stepping on a limb and reading ZE. People keep telling me I HAVE to read this. We'll see how that goes.

02.18.2011, 09:57 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Manga... manga? Hmmm. Well I always managing a few scripts from Azumanga Diaoh in, but other than that I haven't been reading much manga lately.

I am however reading the Conan series. Not the detective Conan, but Conan the barbarian, so not really manga. Not manga at all actually.

I really want to read the Nausicaa manga though.

02.19.2011, 10:32 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
[  «    ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks