QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You, my friend, are crazy!

04.20.2010, 02:23 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes, yes I am.... sigh

but, I look at it this way, it's something that I am spending on entertainment and I DO read a lot... at least five or more novels a month...

04.20.2010, 07:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Speaking of spending, I dunno where you get your manga, but if you get it the usual way, that's like almost a grand you just spent in a day!!!

Lol, I'm very jealous. I'm happy if I can fit in one novel in five months. xP

04.20.2010, 09:28 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Caught up with Goong ^^ it took me a little while to get into it, but as the story progressed I found myself caught up in the unusual romance.

I wish I had the money to buy mangas :/ I have to read online, whenever I do have cash I pick a volume up at least so some money is going to the author but it's hard.

04.20.2010, 02:28 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Caught up with Goong ^^ it took me a little while to get into it, but as the story progressed I found myself caught up in the unusual romance.

I wish I had the money to buy mangas :/ I have to read online, whenever I do have cash I pick a volume up at least so some money is going to the author but it's hard.

I must warn you, they get a little annoying in the later volumes. But I'm hoping that'll be worth it eventually. Personally, I think it should ended a while ago but you know how mangaka's get when they're receiving lots of attention. *cough*narutoinuyashableachetc*cough*

04.20.2010, 07:00 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Speaking of spending, I dunno where you get your manga, but if you get it the usual way, that's like almost a grand you just spent in a day!!!

Lol, I'm very jealous. I'm happy if I can fit in one novel in five months. xP

No, I do most of my buying on eBay... I spent about $125-150... One seller was selling mixed bag assortments of 10 manga at a time with the bidding starting at $.99... He had seven assortments and I bought 4 of them plus one single... 2 lots were for $11.50 ea and the other two were under $6.00 ea and the single was $.99 because no one else bid on it...
He just e-mailed me today and posted a list of random titles and said that since I had bought over thirty from him, he would give me seven more as a bonus... no extra charge...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.21.2010, 12:11 AM.

04.21.2010, 12:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat

I must warn you, they get a little annoying in the later volumes. But I'm hoping that'll be worth it eventually. Personally, I think it should ended a while ago but you know how mangaka's get when they're receiving lots of attention. *cough*narutoinuyashableachetc*cough*

Oh yeah i'm all caught up with it! I totally agree, it's getting a little too long now. I think this plot could have been summarised much earlier on just as well. Yeah, i'm sticking with it because I have a good feeling about it

04.21.2010, 11:18 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Re-reading my Mimi manga, tankoubon version. I skipped the notes at the end because there was so much kanji but I should give it a go, I guess. There are notes from Toshio Suzuki in there which may or may not be in movie booklet guide, so yeah. Not that I've read the latter anyway, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.21.2010, 12:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

reading vol 1-3 of Sgt Frog...

04.28.2010, 01:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
reading vol 1-3 of Sgt Frog...

What is that??? Sounds strange.

04.28.2010, 01:10 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

basically a group of kids and some frog-like space invaders... it was in one thick manga that comprised 3 volumes...
it is one that I will donate to the library, it was OK, but not good enough to keep...
--------------------------------------------------

Just finished the 2 volumes of "Nabari No Ou", don't know if there are any others...

05.03.2010, 11:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
charlhussey
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.05.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by charlhussey Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished Claymore hero and Tsubasa. Currently I am reading these manga
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland

05.05.2010, 01:22 AM charlhussey is offline   Profile for charlhussey Add charlhussey to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I just started Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. I've heard good things about it so I'm excited. Apparently it's slice of life and slow moving without any kapow moments so I'm either gonna love it or hate it...we'll see. ^_^

05.07.2010, 07:41 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm reading the "King of Hell" series... finished vol 1... it sword slashing mayhem in parts and humorous in others... pretty good balance, I think... probably read all 8 vols...

I liked the series well enough, but I decided to donate it to the library for their manga collection...

received vol 2 of "Children of the Sea" by Daisuke Igarashi in the mail this week and read it today (Vol 1 is a library book and I'll probably give this one to the library as well)

I liked it...

not sure which one I'll read next...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.23.2010, 09:48 PM.

05.10.2010, 12:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Sharix
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sharix Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I ordered the Nausicaä manga on Amazon on the 25th and got it the day after. Considering the fact that I live in Norway there's got to be something fishy with such an incredibly fast delivery. o.O

Oh well, I'm currently on the 5th volume, and I gotta say, no wonder old Hayao used 15(?) years to finish this masterpiece. It's amazing!

05.29.2010, 02:38 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Currently reading "Battle Club"... most explicit of any of the mangas I've seen so far. most definitely will NOT go to the library...

will probably give the set to my son or one of my young (mid-20's) co-workers who are more into that sort of subject matter.

05.29.2010, 06:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got caught up with D.Gray-man! Was quite good reading those few chapters. Things didn't make 100% sense some of the time, guess I was skim reading... still, good. Not quite what I was expecting. Finally got to see what Kanda looked like as a kid. xD Been waiting months for that... Tyki's as hot as ever. Still never gonna know who's side he's on. Seems to be on the bad side, but... hm. He has his anti-hero moments.

Now I need to read what I haven't of Tsubasa RC, since I hear it finished a while ago.

My Anime List

05.29.2010, 07:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

gave up on "Battle Club" too much 'fan service' for me... the book deals more with fan service than storyline....

reading "Time Guardian"...

05.30.2010, 09:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, husk. So funny to see you saying "fan service" just because of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.

But what is "Time Guardian" about? It sounds iteresting from the title.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

05.30.2010, 11:49 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by GhibStuFan
lol, husk. So funny to see you saying "fan service" just because of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
Omg, I love YGO!TAS. xD Funniest thing evers... 8D

My Anime List

05.31.2010, 10:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks