QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, Slam Dunk was fun...I guess I'll try out Yawara sometime. ^_^

07.29.2008, 02:11 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I got volume 1 of DNAngel in town today. I've had my eye on DNAngel for a long, long time but just never got round to reading it. So yeah, anyway, read it... like it. Like it enough to buy more. Daisuke and Dark are the perfect combo of cuteness and hotness. XD And Satoshi is very cool. And I think he <3's Dark.

My Anime List

08.05.2008, 01:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been reading a few series lately.

Last Target *BL* -completed, last night fini XD*

I went on a 'clicky rampage' while my friend played my DDR games. X3 I was enraptured by male love I couldn't pay attention, lol.

Tokyo Innocent - Well, for two reasons, or maybe three because of 'clicky rampage'..
1. Youkai and kitsune!! Meghan would love this series.
2. The main dude is super cute. X3

RustBlaster - Can I just say something? WANT. *drools* Not only is this by the same manga-ka of Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler (remember the creepy picture I posted with the 12-year-old? Yeah, that series) but every male in this series wreaks of beauty. O_O I'm not really into the vampire scene yet, but because my parents and friends won't refrain from using that word to describe me, I've become a fan of a few series involving vampires. But they seem a tad arrogant or something to me..

The ones in RustBlaster done seem that way, though I've only read chaptre 1. She does really good series. ^^ It's a must read for anyone, and like always, a humorous gothic side to it. I love her humour. X3

Aw man, I'd like to know where all those scanned chaptres of Kuroshitsuji is. >.< I can only find FIVE and so far twenty something are out. ;_; *whines* I'll have to check all over LJ.

I'm so happy it'll be having an anime. The trailer apparently came out because people made avis of the animated characters. SQUEE!!

08.07.2008, 09:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Chucklestheclock
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.31.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chucklestheclock Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chobits
Tokyo Mew Mew
Pita Ten- when i can get the chance

08.31.2008, 06:04 AM Chucklestheclock is offline   Profile for Chucklestheclock Add Chucklestheclock to your buddy list
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Love Com (Lovely Complex) and I've been reading Ouran Host Club. I like both very much.

Post last edited by WingedBandit on 09.01.2008, 06:06 AM.

09.01.2008, 06:05 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna read Ouran High School Host Club. But how to find that, I have no idea, alas...

09.01.2008, 07:28 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They have it on mangafox and onemanga, Kiki-chan. ._. You can likely order it from a large bookstore near your house as well, if you can.

My friend bought up to 10, then someone lost the first volume. I bought the first volume upon hearing this.. Just to complete her collection in some way. ^^ But manga might be more accessable here than wherever you live. Likely people working in the bookstore can order it in. That's what my cousin did and that's why so many of the smaller ones have so much now.

Dear lord, what am I reading? ._. I skimmed through the chaptres of Bamboo Blade in the Yen Plus magazines. Tamaki-chan is quite interesting. XD I think she's the reason I even considering looking at it.

Gah, chaptre 50, come out sooner~. ;_; It should be out sometime this week..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 09.02.2008, 06:02 PM.

09.02.2008, 06:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hee, DNAngel is great. The characters are awesome, great story. It's cool. On volume five now. I wasn't sure before, but now I'm certain that Satoshi must have feelings for Daisuke. He wouldn't have transformed otherwise would he? And judging be what he's said, Daisuke is the only person he cares about. Awesomeness.

My Anime List

09.06.2008, 10:37 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, I think I might buy some of the DNAngel manga for my sis for Christmas along with a Roxas plushie. ._. She really liked DNAngel.

She got a manga I'd never heard of the other day. I forget the title.. My mom bought me W Juliet, which I went ecstatic about. XD I really wanted to own that series.

Allie's letting me borrow the Saiyuki manga, and Meggy said that when all of her Angel Sanctuary manga is given back to her, she'll let me read it. ^^ *AS is a really, REALLY long series, well, kinda.. I'd buy it but..*

09.07.2008, 02:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
a Roxas plushie.
Would you mind sending one to me too? Lol.

I read some of Tsubasa: RC today... it only really served to remind how totally and utterly it has lost me. T_T There's her parents, her clone's parents, his parents that might be her parents, his clone's parent, his grandmother that looks like her mother, their parents who always say the same things... I'm so confused!! >.< I can't tell who's a clone and who's not, and, and, and... ugh. How can anyone be understanding this??

My Anime List

09.07.2008, 04:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
a Roxas plushie.
Would you mind sending one to me too? Lol.

I read some of Tsubasa: RC today... it only really served to remind how totally and utterly it has lost me. T_T There's her parents, her clone's parents, his parents that might be her parents, his clone's parent, his grandmother that looks like her mother, their parents who always say the same things... I'm so confused!! >.< I can't tell who's a clone and who's not, and, and, and... ugh. How can anyone be understanding this??

XD I don't even bother to understand it. I'm just in it for Fai.

Ahem, usual response..

I need some more bishie.. What chaptre of Tokage Ouji was I on again? Mangaka draws cutely~.

Ah, Kaz, if you'd like, I can give you the raws to ch. 50 of Nabari. ^^ I kinda remember what they're saying, but because now we call Hattori the "Pedophile" we didn't treat it as we should've yesterday. XD

Tsukasa and Sora are like my favourite siblings together. TOO CUTE!! I feel sorry for Yukimi, Miharu, Hana, and Tsukasa.

This chaptre just makes the song "Paper Kitten Nightmare" go more with Yoite. XD Aw, I'd really love to get that girl to make that video, but I'm not allowed to use my YouTube account anymore. >.<

09.07.2008, 06:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HEY!! HEY!! XD I found some manga that look a tad interesting but since I found them online on amazon I can't figure out the titles. ^^; Wow, Kuroshitsuji got some low ratings. XD I can understand, because sometimes she repeats things, but to mark RustBlaster so low when actually it's one of the better mangas I've read. XD

OK, the first one.. Don't call me a pervert!!

And.. for now..

09.25.2008, 06:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right now I'm reading Kasumi vol.1.... hmm... I'm gonna have to convince my mom to take me to town this weekend so I can get the girl who runs through time vol 1 and aria vol 3.
Kasumi is quite cute. An original english language manga, it's very addictive. -cant wait for february...aaaugh that's a long time to wait!!-

Post last edited by animekittynya on 10.10.2008, 07:00 PM.

10.10.2008, 06:59 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
HEY!! HEY!! XD I found some manga that look a tad interesting but since I found them online on amazon I can't figure out the titles.
The first title is Dear Fujiwara Cocoa. The second is Kimi to Boku (You and me).

I'm not into the export mangas too much, but I am slowly buying one set as I pass through Seattle. I get comic collections in Japan and try to fight through the Japanese. My most recent completion was, so far, my all-time favorite. It was a deluxe Japanese re-release of Akira Toriyama's 1980 Shonen Jump series, Doctor Slump. It was larger than the normal comic format and in color whenever the original manga run was in color.

The original version is hilarious and the English language version does a great job capturing the flavor of the stories, but tones them way down for the English-speaking readers. The manga also spawned two television series--one in the '80s and one in the '90s. Both series were exported on DVD to Europe in German, Italian, and French dubs. Though Akira Toriyama animated both, neither holds a candle to the comic--even if you watch it in the original language.

10.11.2008, 04:11 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
quote:
HEY!! HEY!! XD I found some manga that look a tad interesting but since I found them online on amazon I can't figure out the titles.
The first title is Dear Fujiwara Cocoa. The second is Kimi to Boku (You and me).

Thank you. ^^ Those titles both sound very familiar actually.. hn.. I just need to decide which place is cheaper for my mom to buy me the Nabari no Ou artbook. She can get it if all I ask is that, the DVD of Ouran High School Host Club that comes out soon, those shoes online, and the ticket for the next con. That's about 200$ something.. ^^; I really wanted the Darker Than BLACK DVD, that comes out in November, but I'll wait until after Christmas. (yeah, I have been thinking a lot about what I want for Christmas. XD My sister wants a Wii or xBox for Christmas, but that's all she can get, and what I want is under that price range. I might ask for something else, but.. -.-;; )

Kuroshitsuji. Ciel was so fitted to be a loud mouthed lady. XD That dress is killer. Lau and Madam Red are awesome. lol I can't help but like all the characters this mangaka makes in her series.

10.11.2008, 05:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm reading Absolute Boyfriend and absolutely loving it. X3 Aw, I really want her to go with Night but... hm. It seems that it almost goes without saying that she's going to end up with Soushi. But maybe not. I hope not. Night may be an android but he's very sweet.

My Anime List

10.12.2008, 05:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
I'm reading Absolute Boyfriend and absolutely loving it. X3 Aw, I really want her to go with Night but... hm. It seems that it almost goes without saying that she's going to end up with Soushi. But maybe not. I hope not. Night may be an android but he's very sweet.

I read all of Absolute Boyfriend, it's something my little sister would adore. You're going to be displeased by its crappy ending. XD (I'd buy it for Mal, but mom would likely disapprove of the naked Night on the first volume)

I need something to read while I wait for new chaptres of Ouran and Nabari and Hoshi to come up. T_T They're coming out later each month, dammit.. Usually Ouran first, then Nabari soon after that, and then Hoshi... >.< Frustrates me when a series become monthly for me. XD I really want more Tamaki cuteness~!

Whoever's putting out Kuroshitsuji must be doing the same with Pandora Hearts. @.@ I guess they decided against Nabari when fandom exceeded and other people started translating it. Which is good. ^^ Rereading it all in Yen Plus is so lovely~. This is one of those series I'd read all over again once it's finished. And certain volumes of Tsubasa... T.T Allie's dying to read Yuui's past. XD Yuui, my love~~!!

I have a question; why does it take so long after volumes of manga and novels have been released by Tokyopop to hit our bookshelves? I noticed that with V.B.Rose, one of the only shoujo manga I read, and both the manga and novels for MISSING, the novels not even acknowledged here. I need to know for the last volume of My Cat Loki, which should have already come out, but since it's an English original.. ;_; I hope she makes more, her characters and artwork are GOD!!

10.12.2008, 07:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
quote:

I read all of Absolute Boyfriend, it's something my little sister would adore. You're going to be displeased by its crappy ending. XD (I'd buy it for Mal, but mom would likely disapprove of the naked Night on the first volume)
Lol, yeah, that's also why I'm unlikely to be allowed to buy it. I'm not even gonna ask actually.

My Anime List

10.13.2008, 05:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

OK, well, finished Absolute Boyfriend. The ending wasn't that great. It was really sad... well, I don't think it was meant to be but that's how I found it. ;_;

My Anime List

10.13.2008, 09:08 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think the only shoujo manga I can recall I really liked are Fruits Basket, Hana-Kimi, Ouran, W Juliet, Sensei!, Arina Tanemura's manga.. XD Just because she's awesomeness~. But not as awesome as Mitsuki Saiga.

I just realized Miharu and Naruto share the same birthdate. O_O I mean, I know Kamatani was a fan of Naruto and all but still.. Kamatani's work has a very different feel from everything, so I love it. ^^ I was going to ask for the manga of all her one shots before Nabari came out but forgot the title. ;_; >.< Aw well..

10.13.2008, 10:17 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks