QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
Yeah, I recommend it.

There are only 2 volumes and the art work is just so surreal. It is by far and away the weirdest manga I've read and I've yet to see anything else done in the same style. Purely for it's uniqueness I think you should read it.

Buy the anime.
SRSLY! Its the best anime series of all time.
No joke.

02.21.2008, 11:19 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started reading Black Cat yesterday. Looks like it might be pretty good. Oh, yeah, you know I mentioned earlier that I might start another series just so I can put off finishing Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? That's why I'm reading Black Cat.

My Anime List

02.22.2008, 04:10 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

black cats awsm.train is hot.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

02.22.2008, 04:35 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was reading the Full Moon manga, and no wonder I haven't been able to touch it since I got the manga, I burst into teas just holding it. >.< Just something about this series, I treasure it so much for helping me through tough times. And all the feelings in it are overbearing to me, I understand them so clearly I can't help but cry. I really am like Mitsuki. Uwaaa, I can't stop crying! ;_;

02.23.2008, 11:28 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i started this thing called inumimi, where this guy comes home from exchange and finds that his scientist dad has turned his 3 dogs into human girls.
its cute but really its a bit too fanservicy, i think i might stop.

02.23.2008, 08:03 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't believe I've started reading Beauty Pop. I mean, why would I do that? Why? The guys aren't even that pretty.

My Anime List

02.28.2008, 05:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading FMA just now... I'm not sure how many volumes there are in total, but I've got the first six, and am currently about to start the fifth one.

02.28.2008, 06:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I just realised... I'm reading three manga's right now, and they all begin with 'b'. Black Cat, Bleach and Beauty Pop.

My Anime List

02.28.2008, 06:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

>:3 Hoshi wa Utau...

Title: Hoshi wa Utau
Creator: Natsuki Takaya
Chaptres: On-going
Story: On Sakuya Shiina's 18th birthday, she meets a mysterious boy named Chihiro, who both her and her guardian Kanade know nothing about or why he's there. He gives Sakuya a present, a pink dress. When his mysterious aura leaves Sakuya with many questions, and the fact he seems almost impossible to find, Sakuya with the help of her friends try to find this beautiful dark man. When she finally meets up with him again, he tells her how he hates her. She finds herself falling in love with him, although told never to act like she knew who he was. But this will seem hard since he will be going to the same school!

Bonus: Kanade, Chihiro, and even Yuuri are all frigging hot. XD Especially Chihiro. I love sad smiles filled with regret and knowing something. Something tells me he isn't human.. But something of nature or a protector of Sakuya. I'm confused by his being in whole really..

I look like Sakuya. @.@

02.28.2008, 09:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

ZOMG I just finished volume 1 of Vampire Night! I love it! All the guys are just... wow, beautiful. And the best looking ones are vampires too! XD Heh, ever since Kamui & Subaru appeared in TRC, I've been developing a liking for vampires. And also because of what happened to Fai in TRC. Seriously... the guys are amazing. It'd be worth reading VK just for the sake of looking at them.

My Anime List

04.01.2008, 09:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

im reading ai hime. cute.

04.01.2008, 10:06 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Fairy Cube chaptre 12

I will never look at faeries the same way again. @.@ Give me Celtic folklore books.. Anything folklore, dammit!

Ian looks and has the personality of someone I'd love. Like, kinda childish and odd.. Well, I barely see him in his real body, and Tokage might act like someone you just wanna hurt.. but. Yeah, how Ian felt hearing his ** past he began crying. Faeries scare me. @.@ Kaito.. I love him. XD Him and Ian. Rin and Ainsel are pretty and good female characters.

This series had better have a good ending. Nothing sappy, just a good ending. I only have six chaptres left to read and I'm unsure why this series is concluded at three volumes. T_T Kaori Yuki, ya coulda made it longer, ne? ;_; And what will become of faeries, Tokage, and getting back and fixing Ian's old life?! How bout Kaito, Granny, and Ainsel? How bout his crazy father and about his mother?! @.@ The amazing thing is, so much is fit into 25-30 page chaptres..

04.10.2008, 09:16 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been reading Gunsmith cats, but it's 3:46am here and I can barely string together a sentence. I'll talk about it when I'm more awake.

Screw it, I can write more:

quote:
Buy the anime.
SRSLY! Its the best anime series of all time.
No joke.

I'm sorry JRR but although it's good, it really isn't the best. I know It's entirely a matter of opinion but I have quite a long list of things I could say negatively about it . It'd be best described as unique in that I've not really seen much I can compare it too, but when you try to mix a storyline that surreal into a setting that founded in realism you're doomed to fail unless you hit is perfectly.

Post last edited by Atradius on 04.10.2008, 10:52 PM.

04.10.2008, 10:49 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

On Furuba volume 16, V.B. Rose volume 1, Tsubasa 187, I think.. It's the latest chaptre nonetheless.

Finished Fairy Cube. OMG, I wanna cry.. So it was really good even though half the characters died. @.@ Or something.. It was hard to tell if Kaito and Reify (Raven) were good people, especially Kaito, but they both turned out to be. I forget what happened to Shiira when she's with Tokage (Isiah in Heriat's body) but I'm pretty sure she died. Um, I dunno what exactly happened to Kureha or Hasumi-san, they just sorta.. disappeared. I tihnk into the Fairy Realm. Ainsel got her wish to be with Kaito forever, by being shot by the purification gun to save everyone sealing away the devils door. Isiah was excepted by Heriat's body after being thrown out of Ian['s when shot by the purification gun, so he wasn't eaten by spirits. I knew that man with grandma when she was a child was Kaito! >:3 But it was sad for her.. At least Isiah returned to say what had happened to everyone to her. Reify (Raven) went there, too. And in order for everyone to be able to see fairies, Rin and Ian used their powers or something. So yeah, they're dead, I think. Or at least just souls. But at least they can be together forever now. ^^

I wanna cry.. It was such a nice story. I'll never stop believing in faeries..

04.12.2008, 03:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

im back in the d.gray-man manga....but they wont update past "resounding through the lingering mourn" !!1!!! though the fight scene was funny...heh, lenalee flew so fast that allen, whom she was holding onto, got air sick.
and how many times has cross done this? 4? ugh, he's worse then kanda... kanda at least has a reason!

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 04.12.2008, 06:25 PM.

04.12.2008, 06:19 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Hustle High. Its for girls. I'm loving it. So rasberry noises to you! Its beautifully drawn, the lead girl is super cute and the guys are rather pitiful - they are supposed to be super cool but just look like miserable sulky pouting nerds to me, heh.

04.12.2008, 10:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
harmony-of-mar
Baron

new chapter of mar omega is out FINALLY....heh, nanashi has wanted posters all over the place...

04.13.2008, 01:02 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

finally, the new naruto chapter is up. yay....though im confused to hell, yay anywy.

04.14.2008, 04:55 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
.:.p.a.c.m.a.n.:.
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.16.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by .:.p.a.c.m.a.n.:. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im reading Rosario+Vampire now.
Its pretty good.

04.16.2008, 03:55 PM .:.p.a.c.m.a.n.:. is offline   Profile for .:.p.a.c.m.a.n.:. Add .:.p.a.c.m.a.n.:. to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume. Oh my god, what a nice manga. ^^ Its the manga-ka's first series. Like a shoujo style of Tactics and Loki except with longer necks. XD

The three main characters are interesting. Uru is cute, she could have been also mistaken for a boy rather than an elementary student with her looks and strength. XD She's super strong, it's amusing. Satsuki-san *imitating Ichirou* is like a demon whose actually very kind and loves making cakes.

But my favourite character is Ichirou. X3 He reminds me of Hatsuharu. He falls asleep when he gets hungry and absolutely won't wake up unless he's fed. Shindou likes hurting him when he falls asleep. He seems to imitate anime characters and is very "T_T". Him and Shindou don't like smiling.

It's really nice. I wish it was in English, but it isn't. It was a series I've been looking for but didn't know the name for months now since one of its pages was used for asking for my translators on other manga. I've read up to all the chaptres available right now in English. >.< It's just very nice. And Uru is adorable, despite the way she is. By adorable, I don't mean cute.

04.18.2008, 04:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks