QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OKAY OKAY

I shouldnt be up this late, but an hour ago I decided to read a few pages of Vampire Knight before I went to bed.

This has turned into about 10 chapters.

And may I just say...

*DIES*

I mean incest?! and Kaname..?! And...*dies again*

Im sorry im speechless.

04.19.2008, 09:41 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, Ncat...is that a good, fangirly die? Or the other kind of die? It seems like the latter to me.

I am reading Mekakushi no Kuni. It's about these two teens that can see the future and the past respectively by touching people, things. Their powers vary...it's pretty cool. And Arou (the main male character) is pretty.

04.19.2008, 09:51 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its not even fangirly die its just amazed die. But in a good way. This is easily the most exciting thing i've read in a long time.

AND NOW I'VE FINISHED IT

but I have to re-read the last chapter since I didnt understand it.

04.19.2008, 09:54 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah I see. Good that you're excited. xD Maybe I'll buy a volume of it and see what it's like...I mean there's an awful lot of people that like it...there's gotta be a reason.

04.19.2008, 09:58 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

There is a reason.

Not the least that every guy in it is the most fangirl-deserving-guy i've ever seen.

To be honest Fai from Tsubasa can jog on, i'd choose Kaname anyday

Ok. Finished and understood. Going to bed, night night.

04.19.2008, 10:01 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol, I got bored while reading it and read all the spoilers and plot line to now. XD So I know what you're talking about. I think I'm the only person who got bored with the series. ._. I watch the anime to annoy my friends who have dial up or don't like Japanese. XD They wanted to watch it badly. Heh..

I personally like the manga-ka's other series. I finished MeruPeri in only a few days because after school I'd come to read it. XD

Hn, but there are two vampires that are rather pretty. I don't know either names. They appeared in the second episode. That one really blonde guy who was with the chocolate happily, and the one with the listless eyes that had darker hair.

I think I'll die waiting for Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume ch.9..

04.20.2008, 11:31 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

So I got tired of waiting for the company that's licensed Bokura ga Ita to release it in English and read the scanlations last night all the way up to the middle of volume 10. And gawsh, it's so sad. It gives you this heartbroken feeling that lingers after you've stopped reading.

Really well done for a shoujo manga...very different.

I'm going to buy the volumes as they come out in English ^_^

05.04.2008, 02:38 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ah...no one posts here anymore...

I read the latest chapter of Bokura Ga Ita last week or the week before...
Why is it so sad?!

And I think I'm going to start reading Nodame Cantabile. Apparently the manga the is really popular in Japan (heard from exchange students xD) and I did enjoy the anime loads.

05.11.2008, 05:43 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Why is it so sad?!

Ive seen about half the series and own a bit more on dvd but its not my kind of anime unfortunately. I presume the manga is pretty much the same so ill give that a miss.
I got the Azumanga Daioh omnibus for my birthday on Friday!!

05.12.2008, 09:01 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, happy birthday for Friday! Drop by the hugs thread and I'll give you a birthday cuddle!

05.12.2008, 09:04 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by T.C.
quote:
Why is it so sad?!

Ive seen about half the series and own a bit more on dvd but its not my kind of anime unfortunately. I presume the manga is pretty much the same so ill give that a miss.
I got the Azumanga Daioh omnibus for my birthday on Friday!!

Oh yes, I watched the anime. The manga is much better imo but it has the same general feel. I admit, it isn't for everyone xD

I have started Liar Game. Interesting premise...hope the plot doesn't fall through though.

From Null:
Congratulations! You are one of the 1 in 100,000 people who have been entered in the amazing LIAR GAME TOURNAMENT!

Along with the postcard there are 100 million yen in notes. That's the beginning of the Liar Game. When the game ends, in 30 days, you will have to return your 100 million. If your opponent steals them, he can keep them as a prize, and you will have a debt of 100 million...

Post last edited by fenkashi on 05.14.2008, 12:08 AM.

05.14.2008, 12:06 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaine manga by Kaori Yuki.

It took me awhile after it finished for me to comprehend the story. O.O I must say, her manga intrigues me.

Just one creepy thing.. I had a story with the same plot before reading. O____O One I'd made. Her boys are so frigging pretty, darn it! >.< At least the red headed ones..

07.23.2008, 04:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, old thread.

Like fen, now reading Liar Game. Fans of Death Note would appreciate the intense mental workout and suspense of the story. I personally like how they deal with classic mathematical problems (I love maths), riddles, the psychological effect, and especially in volume three, a nice explanation on probability in gambling.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.24.2008, 09:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ah I got bored of Liar Game. It gets old after a while.

Right now, I'm reading this seinen manga called My Girl. Sooo sweet and sad. ^_^ About this young guy who ends up taking care of his daughter, who he didn't know about, after her mother dies. The little girl is so sweet...*cries*

07.25.2008, 02:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I take it you're no fan of mental workouts.

You seem to share the same tastes as me, though. My Girl has been catching my eye for a while now. Also eyeing Bride of the Water God. And just wishing someone, anyone, would license/scanlate Yawara.

School Rumble just finished, and the last two chapters were... well... pathetic. I mean, it was going downhill in the past few chapters after Tenma moved to America, but seriously, they couldn't have ended the manga in a worse way. It completely deviated from the story, and I mean COMPLETELY.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.25.2008, 10:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just read a couple chapters of Death Note . . . waa, my eyes are dead from reading so much manga on the internet today . . . megatokyo, random other stuff . . . gah!

07.27.2008, 04:46 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I take it you're no fan of mental workouts.

You seem to share the same tastes as me, though. My Girl has been catching my eye for a while now. Also eyeing Bride of the Water God. And just wishing someone, anyone, would license/scanlate Yawara.

School Rumble just finished, and the last two chapters were... well... pathetic. I mean, it was going downhill in the past few chapters after Tenma moved to America, but seriously, they couldn't have ended the manga in a worse way. It completely deviated from the story, and I mean COMPLETELY.

Is Yawara that good? I considered reading it but no one was scanlating anymore and it wasn't licensed so...yeah.

07.28.2008, 10:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/1880/yawara/

That Yawara?

07.29.2008, 01:44 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Yep, that one. There's also an anime, but like Slam Dunk, it hardly covers a big part of the story, because like it, it's a very long series.

But for the first 5 volumes I've read so far (scanlations, duh), I'm liking it a lot. It's a classic in a sense, like Slam Dunk, although not as popular.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.29.2008, 10:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Ooh, I started reading it because it sounded rather good . . . and it was . . . yay!

07.29.2008, 01:57 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks