QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NC! I read Absolute Boyfriend a few months ago, over a day or two if I remember rightly. I didn't like it nearly so much, the ending disappointed me a lot. ^^' I liked Night so much, and, well... Spoiler!, highlight to read.

it turned out very sadly for him.

Hana to Akuma sounds very good. Is it on OneManga?

My Anime List

07.18.2009, 03:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Haruko-chan~. ^^ I'm the library for most fans of manga, because I collect so much and find series so quickly. Usually I like series with very unique characters and story lines.

As for Kaz... Hana to Akuma should be there, if it's not, try this site:
www.mangafox.com

It'll be easily found there. ^^

Looking for something to tide me over until Kuroshitsuji, Nabari, Karneval, and The One chaptres come out this month. D: Wait, Ouran and Maid-sama! too!!

Have you guys read the newest chaptre out online of Ouran? :3

07.18.2009, 05:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree Kaz! The ending was very upsetting. BUT whilst it lasted it was good and you have to say Night is one heck of a shoujo heart-throb

It is on one manga

Yes FFF! I found it dissapointing. Ouran, in my opinion, is going downhill. Like Vampire Knight its hit its peak and the following chapters are of poor quality.

I can't help but wish that it'd ended it in its prime.
S'my opinion at least

New chapter of The One! Nothing much happened but quite cute all the same.

07.19.2009, 10:37 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ouran's going downhill is it? XD The mangaka didn't really want to do the story. Actually the story and everything came from a guy. lol

I found it actually cute lately. Yeah, I see what you mean but that's because it IS coming to an end. Guess it's been a bit slow, but she's still doing good.

And I read the new The One chaptre last night. I know some spoilers of later chaptres. Not sure how this series will finish, but it should finish well. I don't see an end in sight yet, and for some reason I can see this becoming a live drama. XD

Except... where would the find a guy hot enough to play Yin? XD I love saying Yin instead of silver now. lol

07.19.2009, 10:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought "gin" mean silver...?

I can't disagree there NC. Mmm... Night. <3 Never much liked the other guy. I can't even remember his name. xP Soushi, was it?

I was thinking of reading Hakushaku to Yousei but it looks very short. Is there anything in the manga that isn't in the anime? Had a look at Hana to Akuma, but I don't like the style at all. ^^' What's The One about?

My Anime List

07.19.2009, 11:19 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kaz, i know Soshi was never quite as good.

You should really give Hana to Akuma a try I think you'd like it, once you get past the style.

07.19.2009, 02:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I thought "gin" mean silver...?

I can't disagree there NC. Mmm... Night. <3 Never much liked the other guy. I can't even remember his name. xP Soushi, was it?

I was thinking of reading Hakushaku to Yousei but it looks very short. Is there anything in the manga that isn't in the anime? Had a look at Hana to Akuma, but I don't like the style at all. ^^' What's The One about?

Ah, Yin is Chinese. Yin does mean silver, I remember.. He's named after the colour of his eyes. And I looked up the meaning of his name~.

The One is about modeling~. I can explain more. X3

Found a manga for Mononoke. X3 KAAAA. Without the sexy voice it's harder to like but it's very similar~!

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.19.2009, 04:23 PM.

07.19.2009, 04:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

The One is basically Honey Hunt with modelling, a stronger female lead and more interesting twins I would say. I still prefer the Honey Hunt's mangakas style though.

07.20.2009, 05:14 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, that's so true. XD And HH doesn't have Leo!! Or gay men..

I just adore Leo.

07.20.2009, 09:42 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Finished Hana Kimi! Boy, that was a bit of a marathon read. On the whole I really enjoyed it, Shuichi and Sano were such sweet charachters. Also Mizuki was really likeable.

My only problems would be:
a) The pacing could be really frustrating at times.
b) It had a tendency to be fairly anticlimactic.

Other than that s'all good I think the charachters personalities was the manga's strongest point.

Hmmmm what shall I read next...

07.31.2009, 06:09 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ahh, I liked Hana Kimi. ^^ But I skipped a bunch of chaptres because of my favourite character because they were filler. DX He was the weird roommate.. so cute..

100% no Kimi e. I've only read the first chaptre (since that's all I can find) and found it really cute. Basically it's about a high school girl who has gone to a girls school all her life, and then suddenly has to transfer because her father wanted to build a house for her disabled mother on a piece of land they inherited. Although she really doesn't wish to transfer she does and finds the school rather different than expected, if not a bit scary. (don't blame her, I dislike how short their skirts were and she did too DX ) She makes friends with one of the girl's that tells her she can fit in well with others if she shortens the skirt and lets her hair out of her braids so they look past her appearance. (I like her friend though) She does but feels embarrassed when they reach the staircase where a group of boys stand at the bottom and doesn't want to go down in case her skirt flips up. She takes notice one of the boys because of his unbuttoned sleeves and seems to want him to button them. (I like him a lot XD)

Later, the same group of boys and some girls from her class venture to a friend's house to see her Shibu puppies. She instantly falls in love with the only brown Shibu that no one had bought. Her and the same boy find themselves wanting the dog and fight for it. But in the end neither can have it for certain reasons. (his mother is allergic; her mother is disabled)

The two find out they live diagonally across from one another and walk home together. This was fine until she fell down a short flight of stairs and her panties showed. She didn't know how to act and instead turned back to look at him and apologized, saying she was lucky she wore cute ones instead. Looking a bit unmoved as well as surprised, the boy helps her up and tells her in those situations it is better for her to act embarrassed instead of lying. She yells at him about his unbuttoned cuffs and runs home, where her disabled mother comes to her and tells her to buy groceries cruelly. She hides the fact she is crying and wishing they hadn't moved here and remembers her father. (I think he must be dead from how the way they talk about him)

The next day, she stares dejected at the computer screen in school with the picture of the Shibu for sale online. Her friend says it's a shame that people had to bid on it because they wouldn't know who the owner is. The girl places a bid on the Shibu, much to her friend's surprise. She cries to her friend telling her she really wants the Shibu. Someone else also begins to bid on the Shibu, and she begins a fight with the biddings until the bidding period ends. When she lost, she looks at the user name of the bidder and realizes the nickname used is similar to the boy with the unbuttoned cuffs. She sees him leaving and chases after her. He exclaims what she is doing and says he forgets to button his cuffs because he has to to fit his hands through. She tells him to never mind that and asks if he was the one who bidded on the Shibu. It was. She offers to pay for half and the two seem happy that they can both have the dog.

I want more. *-*

07.31.2009, 08:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Started reading a manga called Wild Ones about a girl who becomes an orphan and is taken in by her grandfather who she thought was dead. The twist being her grandfather is a yakuza boss, and so she has to go live at the 'headquarters'. She is now a yakuza 'ojou', princess, and is assigned the handsome and gentle Rakuto as her protector. Cue soppy but ever so sweet 'I'd die for you' & 'Let me stay by your side for ever' moments It sounds cheesey, and I guess it is rather, but it is great fun all the same! Her grandfathers henchmen are all very daft and funny, and the main girl Sacchie is very likeable.

I'd recommend it

08.01.2009, 10:54 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, ironically I just started reading that last night. XD Art styles a bit weird, Raku is... weird... XD But he's supposed to be so I don't mind.

Besides that, it involves yakuza. X3

08.01.2009, 11:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Yeah I know! At first I didn't really like the art style all that much but it grows on you a lot I think Sachie looks really pretty when she gets all yakuza-y.

08.01.2009, 11:40 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I have no idea why, I just love gang and yakuza manga these days. XD It adds flavour.

And the style does grow on ya. Almost like me reading Ann Cassandra. Hated the art style for a little bit, then found myself liking it as the story progressed.

08.01.2009, 11:43 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Yeah having the yakuza element does make it more exciting I think it also opens up a lot of good plots.

Makes a nice change from the usual school-set Shoujo. I like a change from the normal, nice but bland, mangas you get.

08.01.2009, 11:49 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Exactly. (although I love Yanki-kun to Megane-chan, really recommend it XD It's hilarious comedy)

People have been viewing manga weirdly recently. More like how they view stuff over here.

08.01.2009, 11:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I'm reading Kyou Koi wo Hajimemasu at the moment, its realllly good Lots of tense and exciting bits, and even more sweet and romantic bits. My cup of tea!

Theres a lot of characther development, I really like that in a manga

08.03.2009, 04:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kamisama Hajimemashita, chapter ten.

*oogling at the moe of little Tomoe and the fact the Fallen Angel appears XD*

lol, I love Julietta Suzuki's art style in this series. XD It fits it sooo darn well. I love the characters.

08.03.2009, 06:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
pickle
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pickle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished the 27 volumes of Bleach (27 so far) the other night and I like it quite well. I am not sure what to read next to fill the gap until the next volume comes out.

I really like Blood, but have never watched the television series. Would the Manga for Blood+ make since if I have only watched the anime film?

08.09.2009, 01:45 PM pickle is offline   Profile for pickle Add pickle to your buddy list
[  «    ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks