QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Even that term, telephone directory, can be misleading. You can have a 3+ inch thick phonebook from a large city, like Long Beach, CA or you can have a phonebook from the area that I live in which is only about an inch thick even with all the advertising, and that covers two cities and the surrounding area...

Each volume of Kare kano is the standard size for a manga series.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.18.2012, 12:45 PM.

08.18.2012, 12:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Each volume of Kare kano is the standard size for a manga series.

and that will be

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.18.2012, 01:20 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

never mind i have it all

but how to read a manga

like this one where to start

and this one how to scrool

or

yes comic has never been my favourite

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

08.18.2012, 05:05 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh that's okay, manga just takes some adjusting to! It can be confusing at first glance.

Basically you should be reading from right to left, and then down the page.

If the page is split in half panels, like the first picture, you read the whole of that panel first and then the read the panels on the left from top to bottom.

Just go with what makes logical sense in terms of what is being said and you should be fine.

08.18.2012, 07:37 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Monster.

Best psychological manga I have ever read.

i like it

08.19.2012, 02:48 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Ahh that's okay, manga just takes some adjusting to! It can be confusing at first glance.

Basically you should be reading from right to left, and then down the page.

If the page is split in half panels, like the first picture, you read the whole of that panel first and then the read the panels on the left from top to bottom.

Just go with what makes logical sense in terms of what is being said and you should be fine.

Be careful though because some online manga have the images mirrored and then the English text put in, making it a standard Western left-to-right layout. At the start of each manga though there ought to be a note telling you which way it reads.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.19.2012, 06:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Checked out vol 1 & 2 of "Strawberry Marshmallow" from the library today and started reading it....

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.24.2012, 01:32 PM.

08.28.2012, 01:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nagasarete Airantou. Started okay, but starting to get boring after almost nothing happening after 100 chapters.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.29.2012, 09:48 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Received the latest vol 11 of Yotsuba&!

09.15.2012, 12:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently speeding through Great Teacher Onidzuka - it's really bizarre because as a person who so typically sticks to shoujo/josei I shouldn't really enjoy it as much as I do since it's so different to that. But I really like it ahah.

Onidzuka himself is just such a great character, he's so flawed but his basically good intentions make you cheer him on. I kind of like that he's so often driven to do good even if it is by his base desires - usually all the constant pervyness would annoy me but for some reason it doesn't. I guess because it's all basically comical, and it does make me laugh a lot, so all the stuff I often don't like about shounen doesn't bother me in this. I'll definitely finish reading it and I might try the anime after, I've heard the english dub is really good.

09.24.2012, 01:08 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've read my Yotsuba vol 11.

That artwork is just so real, IMO. The things that she gets into while learning about her world and the expressions in the eyes and her comments are what grab me. Especially the eyes!

I love it.

Now I have a l-o-o-o-n-g wait for the next volume...

sigh

09.24.2012, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I've read my Yotsuba vol 11.

That artwork is just so real, IMO. The things that she gets into while learning about her world and the expressions in the eyes and her comments are what grab me. Especially the eyes!

I love it.

Now I have a l-o-o-o-n-g wait for the next volume...

sigh

Ah Yotsuba is supeeeer cute! It makes me laugh so much :') her reactions are fantastic.

09.27.2012, 04:28 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Nagasarete Airantou. Started okay, but starting to get boring after almost nothing happening after 100 chapters.

LOL how could you read 100 chapters of almost nothing? I'd give in after about 5.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.27.2012, 06:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, that's our Roar... lol

09.27.2012, 09:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just picked up a new series. :B About a cute girl who was bullied extremely by girls she once called her friends because she didn't agree with how they acted and treated others. She eventually persuades her parents to move elsewhere to get away from the bullying. The move to the countryside. The girl is soon confessed to by the handsomest and most popular boy in school and agrees to be his girlfriend since she believes it will make people like her more.

However, she soon realizes how possessive her boyfriend is when she develops feelings for a boy he and his friends pick on. She admires this other boy for his strength and diligence. Yet when she tries to end things with her boyfriend, things go terribly wrong. He attacks her and the other boy comes and saves her. However, the boyfriend goes mad at throws him and the other guy over the school roof.

He sort of forces the boyfriend to fall by stabbing his hair with the girl's hairpin, and he dies. The rest of the series revolves around how the pair must avoid messing up their lives and trying to hide the truth by lying to everyone, while also hiding the fact they know each other.

Don't know how it'll end. There's a lot to do with trains in this because the boy who was bullied loved trains a lot.

10.01.2012, 11:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF What's the name of that manga?

10.02.2012, 04:34 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sekai no Hate, but the covers seem to go by the English translated title. The artwork looks familiar, but it's not by any author I know. XD

10.02.2012, 07:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

So what is your next recommendation for me.

My favorite upto now is Monster (actually i read only this one) which is absolutely one of the best thriller i have ever read. I am also watching Kare Kano but you know me the thing they say like what she thinks about me, why did he behave this way, did i do something wrong, should i talk to him etc etc is not my kind of stuff. So it is getting a bit boring but still reading it out of curiosity as too many people recommended it.

Now please recommend me another.

I am a very very fast reader i read 18 volumes of Monster in just two days. So a bit interesting story line will be appreciated i do not mind the genre(if some one holds better record than to them i read it in my computer screen sitting in a chair , not in coziness.LOL)

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.22.2012, 11:07 AM.

10.22.2012, 11:05 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

They are each only 4 volumes long, but two that I re-read occasionally are:

"Mist" by Clamp

"Miki Falls" by Crilley

Another, longer one you might like is:

"Cross Game" by Mitsuru Adachi

10.22.2012, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

14-sai no koi. So sweet and it just makes me smile.

Blame! Super good sci-fi.

Coppelion. Because I've given up on the anime every happening =(

11.30.2012, 12:11 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks