QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I once bought about a hundred dollars of used manga, sorted thru the 170 or so books, picked out what Iwanted to read and gave the rest to the library...after reading them Igave some of them to the library as well, the ones that I didn't want to keep. This helped build up the 'YA" (young adult) collection...

I used to be a Trustee on the library board so I think that still connects me to it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.10.2013, 01:32 PM.

03.19.2013, 11:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading various things at the moment, I particularly like Kamisama Hajimemashita and Heroine Shikakku at the moment.

Is it just me though, or is there a LOT of Yaoi being released lately? Like a disproportionate amount compared to usual?

04.10.2013, 01:18 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that as people become more used to the idea of yaoi (b/l), producers of anime will tend to try and fill that market and if it is in fact profitable, then more and more will hit the stands...

I personally don't care for it, but if others enjoy it then so be it...

04.10.2013, 01:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's a lot of good manga,but I don't know where
start...

Can anyone tell me a good manga?

05.03.2013, 06:04 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

There are so many, I don't know where to start...

What I might suggest is to look back thru the previous posts in this thread and see if anything interests you.

I like Love Hina; Chobits; Kiss Me, Kill Me; Akira; Paprika...

So Many...

05.04.2013, 01:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK!

05.04.2013, 05:01 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally finished Goong. What a non-ending >_<

05.27.2013, 04:59 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyako, if you like shoujo manga I'd recommend trying:

Usotsuki Lily, Hibi Chouchou, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Natsumeki!!, Love so Life, Taiyou no Ie, Mairunovich, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Akuma to Love Song, Mashikaku Rock, 3D Kanojo, Skip Beat, Kujaku no Kyoushitsu, Sensei ni Ageru, Kanojo wa Uso wa Aishisugiteru, Last Game, Suki tte Ii na yo, Horimiya, Sumire Syrup, Yumemiru Taiyou, Six Half, Kuragehime, Heroine Shikkaku, Kamisama Hajimemashita, etc.

I could go on, but I guess those are most of my favourites at the moment. They're all works that are still being updated and they tend to have nice/interesting art. Husky made some good suggestions, but they are mostly older works and I find that I really enjoy the more modern style of art that is popular at the moment. They're also quite shounen works.

05.27.2013, 07:08 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

ahem... NC, you trying to say I'm old or som'thin???

lol

05.27.2013, 09:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
ahem... NC, you trying to say I'm old or som'thin???

lol

Of course not.....

05.28.2013, 06:33 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

thank you, (said with a snobbish English accent...)

lol

05.28.2013, 08:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyako
Tanuki

Tha

quote:
Usotsuki Lily, Hibi Chouchou, Hirunaka no Ryuusei, Natsumeki!!, Love so Life, Taiyou no Ie, Mairunovich, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Akuma to Love Song, Mashikaku Rock, 3D Kanojo, Skip Beat, Kujaku no Kyoushitsu, Sensei ni Ageru, Kanojo wa Uso wa Aishisugiteru, Last Game, Suki tte Ii na yo, Horimiya, Sumire Syrup, Yumemiru Taiyou, Six Half, Kuragehime, Heroine Shikkaku, Kamisama Hajimemashita, etc.

Thank you Nausi!

05.28.2013, 01:58 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Been meaning to catch up with Chihayafuru so I started doing so but I got to I think around chapter 48 and between that and something like, chapter 80, there is a massive chunk missing.

Does anyone know where I could read it online which has the complete volumes?

10.14.2013, 05:56 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's because the scanlation team that claimed that part of the manga is probably slow and different teams have scanlated the newer volumes. Sadly that chunk in between has not been scanlated =(

10.14.2013, 08:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Being part of scanlating in the past myself, I get the feeling of how a project you're doing gets done by other people and makes you lose any motivation of continuing it.

I'm still hoping for a time when I have the motivation to improve on the two mangas I did and print them in hardcopy, to be sold only to hardcore fans at cost price.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.14.2013, 09:25 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
That's because the scanlation team that claimed that part of the manga is probably slow and different teams have scanlated the newer volumes. Sadly that chunk in between has not been scanlated =(

Aaah that makes sense! I'll just be patient and wait on it then thanks

10.15.2013, 12:52 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone read Aku no Hana (aka Flowers of Evil)? I started it tonight on a whim, because I thought it looked interesting and I hadn't read any manga in a long time, and ended up finishing it about five hours later (all 52 currently released chapters, at least). My god is it ever addictive. Starts off as kind of a bizarre middle school love triangle, moves into some seriously dark psychological thriller territory, and then later evolves into possibly the sweetest romance I've ever had the pleasure of reading. (I actually said "Awwww" aloud several times, a reaction that NO work of art has ever provoked from me before!) The artist does some really lovely character designs, and also has a way with surreal imagery. If you're looking for a unique love story that never goes quite where you're expecting, I highly recommend it.

12.14.2013, 12:17 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never heard of it, thanks for the recommendation, I'll go look it up.

EDIT: Started reading it. Haha, yes, very weird and quite fun.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.14.2013, 01:44 PM.

12.14.2013, 01:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was meaning to watch the Aku no Hana anime because of the extreme responses to its weird animation. I got the impression the manga's art wasn't nearly as unique, so I think I'd still prefer to see the anime.

12.14.2013, 01:24 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished Vol 12 of Yotsuba!... The kids wonderment at the new things that occur in her life. Like finding a can of paint and painting the kitchen table, with all the mishaps and reprocussions of a 5-yr old 'painter'.

hahaha, smiling, just thinking about it...

12.14.2013, 01:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks