QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Chi's Sweet Home. So frickin' cute!!!

02.26.2011, 02:01 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

read vols 3 and 4 of "Haruhi Suzumiya", want to find more...

02.28.2011, 11:45 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

K-On! Vol.1

It is a little boring, but the art is very beautiful and it has its funny moments.

03.02.2011, 12:26 AM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Inukami...

as the title indicates, it's about a doggy-spirit....

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.06.2011, 09:52 PM.

03.06.2011, 09:51 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Ikigami... rather a dark genre for me, but I will get more of the series from the library on Friday...
finished the six vols in the library....
=====================
got the first five Mahoromatic vols in the mail yesterday. Now slowly reading them... seems to be a bit more fan service than in the anime...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.28.2011, 12:47 AM.

03.23.2011, 11:29 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, main three:

1. Kuragehime
2. Dengeki Daisy
3. Kimi ni Todoke

There is Kamisama Hajimemashite (or it might be reverse of those words, or something) and Maid-sama, but mainly these three and one shots. D:

Finding manga other than those titles I'll like is hard now. DX And most good stories I've come across are short ones or one shots. I also read Hakuji but chapters of that rarely come out translated and it just is.. so perplexing and amazing.. and perverted. >.>;

Kuragehime is genius. You just have to get past how one dimensional some of the Amars are until the later chapters. Especially Mayaya. In the manga, you can skimp over what she keeps yelling about, but in the anime you couldn't. XD But after finding Three Kingdoms on Netflix... I might watch it just to see what the heck she is talking about.

REALLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES. All my friends love it. D: It's awesome.

04.23.2011, 03:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished "Hagakure: The Code of the Samurai, the manga edition" Went ahead and ordered the DVD "Ghost Dog: Spirit of the Samurai" that was mentioned in the manga. Sounds interesting.

05.01.2011, 05:42 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Started reading the two vols of
"Moyasimon: Tales of Agriculture", not sure what it is about, but I thought that I would try it...

05.02.2011, 10:25 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I picked up Kare Kano at a local used bookstore. This is nearly my first time reading real manga so I'm very enthused!

05.03.2011, 01:56 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I picked up Kare Kano at a local used bookstore. This is nearly my first time reading real manga so I'm very enthused!

You will like it, I'm sure.
I have the manga set as well as the DVDs. It goes at its own pace...

05.03.2011, 07:37 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I just finished reading a very good (IMO) 2 vol set called "A Distant Neighborhood" by Jiro Taniguchi

I very much enjoyed it, note me staying up later than I should when I have to get up at 4AM for work...

I won't tell anything about it, but I think that it is a good read.

05.10.2011, 01:11 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im reading Death Note again now, on vol 5 im in love with Death Note i have all 12 + the 13th book, the and the amine series and the 3 live action films ^_^

05.10.2011, 06:32 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Read "Freeway" by Mark Kalesniko...

05.14.2011, 11:18 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Caught up with D.Gray-man. The recent chapters have basically been the mother of all battles. It's getting complicated. orz Ugh, if there are more character deaths then I don't even want to read on... they're upsetting.

My Anime List

06.16.2011, 03:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nandireya
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.18.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nandireya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does re-reading Inuyasha count?

I was reading Naruto...I'm a sucker for a good redemption story...but it's just dragging on way too long...I got bored with it...and there's still no sign of my redemption story...

Post last edited by Nandireya on 06.18.2011, 07:50 AM.

06.18.2011, 07:50 AM Nandireya is offline   Profile for Nandireya Add Nandireya to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nandireya
I was reading Naruto...I'm a sucker for a good redemption story...but it's just dragging on way too long...I got bored with it...and there's still no sign of my redemption story...

I go and try to catch up whenever I'm bored xP I never actually manage to catch up to the current issue.

I'm trying to read Bokura Ga Ita. Not a huge fan of the multiple scanlators and having the series being released out of order. Also, it's not even complete. But I really want to know how things turn out!

Kind of reminds me of Nana, actually...but less melodrama.

Re-reading KareKano because I love it.

I'm also looking for a good shounen action-filled plotty manga to start...any suggestions?

Post last edited by fenkashi on 06.18.2011, 05:23 PM.

06.18.2011, 05:17 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nandireya
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.18.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nandireya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fullmetal Alchemist is my all-time favourite...no dragging...no dangling plotlines or plotholes...

06.20.2011, 02:37 AM Nandireya is offline   Profile for Nandireya Add Nandireya to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right now I'm reading School Rumble and Kimi ni Todoke.
Also recently finished Nineteen, Twenty-one. Really loved the art (and story too) from that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandireya
Fullmetal Alchemist is my all-time favourite...no dragging...no dangling plotlines or plotholes...

I want to read FMA, if only I had more time...T_T
Heard it's really different from the anime.

08.22.2011, 01:47 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

I was at the library today and the director let me know that the Akira series had been reprinted and was on the shelf. So I checked out the firat three volumes and read them today. I hope to pick up the remaining three when I go back by on Friday. I'll at least drop off the three I have now tomorrow morning on the way to work.

@Jelly...

Who was the author of nineteen, twenty-one, ???

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.22.2011, 01:29 AM.

09.22.2011, 01:27 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky
I think the story is made by Yohan (or John) and the art by Jenna..

09.22.2011, 05:37 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
[  «    ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks