QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Forum Clock?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Forum Clock? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Forum Clock?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know if people have already asked this as I've only been around for a few days but I'll ask it anyway.

GEIF FORUM CLOXORS!!!11

We all run in different timezones so I'm not suggesting for one moment that we standardise it, it's just when I see something along the lines of "#1sanfan posted at 3:30pm" I want to know how long ago that was. It's especially annoying in the "what are you doing right now" thread, where some are eating their tea while others are preparing to go to bed. perhaps it is just me being picky, but it throws my sense of timing when I don't have a clock to reference too.

Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.15.2008, 09:25 PM.

01.15.2008, 09:24 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah i think it is EST, but it is an hour ahead of that due to daylight saving time. So yeah, just go to whatever is EST=1 is and then figure out where yours is.

Dont really know what to do here, i dont think roar can do anything about it.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.15.2008, 09:30 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meh, I was just being picky anyway.
Never mind.

01.15.2008, 09:32 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, we talked about this a while ago. Most people either ignore the clock completely or mentally convert the time to what it should be for them from like san said EST.

01.15.2008, 09:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Or you are lucky enough to be in that timezone(although just barely) and you dont have to worry about it. I do see your point though, the time being off can throw you for a loop, ive had that happen to me on other boards.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.15.2008, 09:36 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Grr... you always do love rubbing things don't you san?

Haha, just jokes as always xP

For those not lucky enough, you get used to it fast enough...or you don't pay attention to it xD

01.15.2008, 09:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep, it is EST. Which is GMT+5. And I can't imagine why daylight saving time would have anything to do with it, considering it's summer that changes. xP

Post last edited by arren18 on 01.16.2008, 04:05 AM.

01.16.2008, 04:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On the contrary, I believe the INability top change timezone is to our advantage.

When everyone is using their own timezone, it gets kinda messy when you're trying to tell someone about an event and use a certain time.

With everyone using one standard time, you can simply convert your time to our time, or "ghibli tavern time" as I call it, and everyone will know exactly when that is.

For example, in my case, if someone asks to meet me online at 3am tavern time, I simply change the 'am' to 'pm' and I would then know if I am able to or not.

That's my reasoning anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.17.2008, 10:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's GMT = Ghibli Moderator Time

Except that no-one's mind works that way They say "I'll be on at 8pm my time" so you then have to just convert their time to yours, rather than THEM having to convert their time to tavern time then you convert it back... it's like ...duh.

I gotta say this is the only forum of the (probably) dozens I must have been on that has a fixed clock, but then again, there's lots of things about the Tavern that are nothing like other forums. Most of them are nice so I'm happy with the rather slanted world we have here.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.17.2008, 10:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The clock has changed again. I don't know if anybody really cares or not though.

Maybe it has something to do with the minor crisis that seems to have occured yesterday.

02.01.2008, 05:21 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks