QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - manga
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » manga » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Atradius
Pixie pop is the English name for it as far as I know FFF. At least thats what it was published under by Kodansha, Tokyopop have since done a version so that may be called something different. *Information came from Wikipedia*

But it does look very good, I'm pretty sure I've picked up a copy in a bookshop somewhere and leafed through the pages. I think the main appeal of it though would be that it's created by an independent Manga-ka. Most of this genre tend to be by the peach-pit and clamp collectives so tend to be rather too "flowery", for want of a better word.

It starts with a G, Goukken Pucho? It's longer than that, but I forget it now. It's a manga my sister owns, so I'm unsure and don't wanr to touch it in fear of being harmed. ^^'

I find the story and artwork very appealing. I like that type of art style. ^^ My sister's actually a big fan of Peach-Pit, while I'm a bigger fan of CLAMP. But mostly their shounen series than anything with that genre. But I do like CCS and Kobato a lot.. Although I've only read segments of Kobato within the NewType magazine..

My sister likes Koge-Donbo a lot as well. The only characters I like by Peach-Pit is Yuu Nikadou. X3 And for Koge-Donbo quite a lot..

I seem to find cute flowery stuff appealing..

01.15.2008, 12:47 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, and I've finished reading FLCL now. It was great, but I actually think I prefer the anime. The story is fast and complicated so makes for an absorbing read, but I just felt the Manga rushed everything.

I'm going to start Tokyo Mew Mew a'la mode soon. The first 3 volumes have been sat on my desk for a while now so I suppose I should give them some attention.

I really should stop buying maho-shojo "magical girl" titles shouldn't I? I've got most of Cardcaptor Sakura now, all of the TMM first series and some of the oh so poorly translated sailor moon series. I'll go read Excel saga actually, that'll cheer me up.

01.15.2008, 12:47 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
Atradius
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
But I do like CCS a lot..

So do I my friend....so do I, lol.

01.15.2008, 12:49 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hunh, I say read whatever you'd like. *shrugs* No ones gonna stop ya. Wait, then again.. I get made fun of for carrying romance ones around. But the funniest thing that happened with that..

"Can I look through your manga to get pick-up lines?"

XD Ha.

Manga: Kamichama Karin
Manga-ka: Koge-Donbo
Genre: Shojo/Romance/Action
Age Rating: 10+

Story:

Karin Hanazono isn't very bright. Although realizing this, she tries her best at everything, until her faithful best friend, her cat Shii-chan, dies. Then she loses everything. That's when she meets Kazune and Himeka, two very beautiful, very rich cousins, and finds from them the powers of her ring she'd gotten from her mother. With the ring, Karin can transform into the goddess Athena, only if she has the will to protect something. She ends up moving in with the cousins and starts to make friends. Although the powers of the ring entrance her, she must protect it from the evil side, the Karasuma family.

Finding out who she is, about the rings, her parents, and the two Himekas, along with why she feels like she knows Kazune from a ling time ago and falling in love with him...

Very cute. ^.^ Michiru Nishikiori and Kirika Karasuma are me faves! ^^ Micchi's just so cute~ :3 We're waiting for Chuu to be published in English, hopefully this summer.. ;_; It's just interesting. ^^ Kazune and Himeka are from another manga Koge-Donbo did a lnog time ago..

01.15.2008, 02:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
"Can I look through your manga to get pick-up lines?"

Why didn't I ever think of that?! xD

01.15.2008, 02:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Atradius
Ohmu

Kamichama karin.
I've never read it, but I've seen the anime and liked it. I liked the karasumas especially, they made me smile.

The chat up lines from OHSHC would be the best lots of flowery language and snobbery. If I tried any of it I'd get punched in the face, but then again, if I looked like the guys in OHSHC I probably wouldn't need lines at all would I?

Atra

Post last edited by Atradius on 01.15.2008, 03:02 PM.

01.15.2008, 03:00 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The anime is crossed with Chuu in it, so it's a bit different than the manga. I like Micchi better in the manga as well. It's seven volumes and published by Tokyopop in English, in case you'd like to know. ^^ My sister lost the first volume somewhere and I have the 6th because.. well, Micchi's all over it. XD

Oh, those lines. Yes, Tamaki seems to have taken my interest, not his looks, but personality. I like this best from the manga.

Hanny: Tama, are you OK?
Tamaki: Sorry, I just realized I'm perverted.
Twins: You're just realizing that now?

It made me laugh very hard. XD

01.15.2008, 05:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i've reading only 2 manga series airgear and midori days

02.14.2008, 12:24 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

tried reading airgear, im poisoned.
uhhh.....im reading yu yu hakusho, dugimon and dgm at the moment.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

02.20.2008, 02:40 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
[  «    1  2  3  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks