QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading and totally enjoying "Canvas-2-Niji-iro-no-Sketch"... On ep 18 and didn't know there was a Canvas-1 until well into the series...

For once more story than fan-service...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.23.2015, 02:32 AM.

07.23.2015, 02:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got to finish "Canvas 2..." and enjoyed it throughout with the exception of the ending.I would have preferred a different one, but such is life...

Based on that, I started to watch "Canvas" hoping for more of the same enjoyment. Such was not the case. A little 2-ep set and there was more fan service in the one ep than in ALL of the 24 eps of "Canvas 2"!! I didn't even finish the f1rst ep. I went back on the list and saw a 1931 anime (so-to-speak) and a couple of other oldies...

07.25.2015, 01:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just marathoned Plastic Memories. It's a sweet show, nothing spectacular actually happening. The second half pretty much focuses on Tsukasa and Isla coming to terms with her eventual... ending. I like Isla's voice, so that's a bonus.

So what's worth watching nowadays? I hardly keep track of anime news nowadays.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.28.2015, 06:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Code-E"...

07.31.2015, 03:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finished Owari no Seraph today; well, the first season. The next is coming in October. Just as well, those final episodes felt like the middle of a series. It's good.

Continuing with Aoharu x Kikanjuu this evening. I just saw episode 3; that was a fun one, some cool new characters introduced. Tachibana's secret is still not out, I wonder when they'll discover it.

After this I plan to continue with Aldnoah Zero. Code Geass-esque feel that series (going by the first two episodes). Somewhat like Kakumeiki Valvrave too.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 08.02.2015, 02:07 PM.

08.02.2015, 02:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching a series of 78 eps called "Daa, Daa, Daa!". A story of two 8th graders left alone together in Japan that end up living with two extraterrestials under the same roof, one of whom is a baby that calls them 'Mama' and 'Papa'. A lot of light humor, some drama and absolutely no fan-service and I'm up to ep. 27...

I'm enjoying the little vignettes...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.03.2015, 11:21 AM.

08.02.2015, 10:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've started watching Nisemonogatari. I began it a long time ago with a friend but we never got round to continuing. I'm going to try and get up to speed on the Monogatari franchise, but I wish I'd kept up at the time because now it seems like quite an overwhelming task...

08.03.2015, 11:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Now watching a series that, to me at least, is filled with drama and intrique, "Dae-Jang-Geum-Jang-Geum-s-Dream". A Korean-Japanese series abt a young girl who wants to become a cook to the Emperor, but who is already running into castle politics through no fault of her own.

The subtitles are a little off, but still readable...

08.06.2015, 11:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got around to Baccano. Solid designs, an interesting, Quentin Tarintino flavored plot, A colorful cast of (mostly) interesting characters... And THE DUB. MY GOD, THE DUB IS BRILLIANT, EASILY UP THERE WITH BEBOP AND BLACK LAGOON. DUB>SUB BY A LONGSHOT.

08.11.2015, 06:01 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

watching "Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten" and the very first episode was about a class play during the annual festival. And the play was about 'Kaguya-hime".

08.14.2015, 12:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just started Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and it's lovely. I really like the heroine, Shirayuki. Prince Zen is quite charming too, if... just a little bland. It has a familiar feeling, this series; I think it's going to be fun... a typical but good quality shoujo.

I'm up to the latest episode of Aoharu x Kikanjuu and that's still good; quite intense, the last couple of episodes. I can't quite take all the tension and anguish quite seriously sometimes because, after all, they are playing survival games. It's basically paintball but they talk like they're honestly at war. :') Still, it's good. I'm enjoying the character of Midori rather a lot, and Fujimoto has become a lot cooler too.

Keeping up with the new series of Junjou Romantica too. Not much to say about it; it's Junjou. I know precisely what to expect by now; it's delivering that and I'm lapping it up. xD

My Anime List

08.19.2015, 04:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Lapping it up, eh... You been hanging around the dogs too much, Kaz... lol

08.19.2015, 10:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I just finished Aoharu x Kikanjuu. It was enjoyable enough. Not bad. It was a bit slow at times and there was this certain thing I'd been waiting for for the whole series that never ended up happening. In fact, it cut to the ending song just as that thing was about to happen. I'd give it a 5 or 6 out of 10.

My Anime List

09.20.2015, 12:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"That thing" = A kiss maybe?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.22.2015, 04:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You'd think so, with the kind of series I gravitate towards, but no. I'd been waiting for the main character to reveal their secret to the others, but they never did (well, it was simply implied that they were going to). Irritating.

My Anime List

09.22.2015, 06:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently working my way through Psycho-Pass. As a large fan of Gen Urobuchi, I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
Also watching Shirobako, which is brilliant and simultaneously hilarious. Definitely recommend to any anime fan.

09.22.2015, 10:01 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After a few weeks of religiously watching various installments of Monogatari I've finished the second season. On the whole I'd say it's my favourite season/series/segment so far.

09.23.2015, 02:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep. The Nadeko/Snake arc is epic and the Senjougahara/Kaiki one is really good as well. A lot of great character development happens in this series too, Hanekawa for example.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.23.2015, 06:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

If I had to make a complaint, it would be the lack of Kanbaru. But luckily, the next arc is about her (unless it's one of those ones where the title character doesn't actually appear much...)

09.24.2015, 04:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's okay the next mini-series (I think it was 5 episodes but aired back-to-back) is entirely about her. There is also a very weird and scary appearance by Koyomi at the end...

09.24.2015, 10:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks