QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Dead Robot In Laputa
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Dead Robot In Laputa » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.10.07
The Dead Robot In LaputaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Cheshire Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone.

I'm a 3d artist and a Ghibli fan.
I'm looking for a picture of the dead robot in Laputa, the one thats half-covered in moss and vegetation, but I couldn't find any decent pics of it, just 1 pic of the action figure.

Could you please be so kind as to link me to such a picture?
I would like to model that creature in 3d, and if I have good pics to use as references I'll be able to do it far more accurately.

Thanks in advance!

04.12.2008, 06:50 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it the one standing up? Or liek on of the ones on the ground?

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

04.12.2008, 07:05 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Cheshire Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd like a picture of the one standing up, but any related pic would also do

Thanks

04.12.2008, 10:00 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Cheshire Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Links to websites with galleries would also be great

04.14.2008, 04:45 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there are lots of pictures of the Laputa robot statue at the Ghibli museum on this page. I'm sure you could find plenty of others easily too.

http://www.tautoz.com/ghiblimuseum/photos/

04.14.2008, 06:29 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

I'd really like to have a picture of the dead one thats covered in vegetation, though. In the movie theres one thats dead and half covered with vegetation.

04.14.2008, 07:39 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You could play the DVD on your computer and take a screenshot? Or am I missing the obvious here?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.15.2008, 09:07 AM.

04.15.2008, 09:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uh, OK, not to be dense or anything... (remember, be kind to the old guy, fragile ego, etc...) but I didn't know that you could play a DVD on a computer... Do you use the same CD tray or do you have to buy the DVD software??? I just never thought about it before... Never felt the need to try it.

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.15.2008, 07:36 PM.

04.15.2008, 07:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Most computers have DVD running hardware built in. Depends on how old your computer is. They are coming out with HD laptops this year I think, technology is moving right ahead in some aspects.

And yeah, just put it in the disc tray. Should run.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

04.15.2008, 07:41 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
Most computers have DVD running hardware built in. Depends on how old your computer is. They are coming out with HD laptops this year I think, technology is moving right ahead in some aspects.

And yeah, just put it in the disc tray. Should run.

Mine's a Dell with WinXP, I'll try...
THX

EDIT:
Whoa!!! That's incredible! The quality of the video is much better than the TV. I watched a track of one of the 'Celtic Woman' CD. great...

Thanks muchly, Miyrru...

@All.. see! you CAN teach an old dog new tricks... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.15.2008, 07:54 PM.

04.15.2008, 07:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

It is nice isnt it? I watch all my anime on my laptop. The LCD screen is just so much better than standard sets. Its the only way to go.

Click for Gallery^^

04.15.2008, 08:18 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

Do any of you have the DVD?

If so please take a screenshot for me - I can do something for you in return, such as create something simple in 3d or the like.

My MSN/E-Mail address is tomsegal@gmail.com.

04.15.2008, 11:48 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Uh, OK, not to be dense or anything... (remember, be kind to the old guy, fragile ego, etc...) but I didn't know that you could play a DVD on a computer... Do you use the same CD tray or do you have to buy the DVD software??? I just never thought about it before... Never felt the need to try it.

So long as your computer has a DVD player. That's why it's called a DVD-rom. And has the DVD logo printed on the lid.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.16.2008, 09:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Any use?

04.16.2008, 09:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here are some 3D pictures of the Laputa robot, which I found on the internet. Perhaps they'll be of some use to you.

[Edit: lol, Saddletank posted a better version of this one above]

And here are the screenshots you requested. I don't think the moss covered dead robot ever recieves a complete shot, but the one thats alive should give you a pretty good indication of what it should look like as a whole.

The below image is the best one I could find of the dead, moss covered robot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

Post last edited by E_Hakki on 04.16.2008, 10:14 AM.

04.16.2008, 10:00 AM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Continued...

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

04.16.2008, 10:11 AM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
The Cheshire Cat
Kodama

THANK YOU!

So many great pics... Having an important exam tomorrow, after that I'll try to model this thing, and send you all updates of course.

Thanks again, I appreciate your effort

04.16.2008, 05:06 PM The Cheshire Cat is offline   Profile for The Cheshire Cat Add The Cheshire Cat to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks