QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  [*NO SIGS!*] Isakaya High School – Role-Play Only, Thread #3Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The next day dawned warm but dull. The sun was held off by layers of thin cloud, it was clammy and the light was flat. As the students got ready for school kitchen radios forecast rain later that day.

Today Akuri Kouichi-Sensei rose unusually early and dressed in a track suit went for an early morning run. Not because he was a PE teacher but because it got his muscles warmed up, his lungs working and his heart pounding. It made him feel awake. And when he was awake like this his mind was sharp. And today he’d need a sharp mind.

In fifteen or so houses across the southern Tokyo suburbs fifteen or so ordinary children rose and began their day. Their paths came from all points of the compass and these paths converged on what was outwardly a perfectly ordinary high school. But these converging paths made a shape like the spokes of a wheel. The wheel of life, turning onwards, one more day.

For two of these children it would be a special day. For one girl and one boy that mystical sign of converging spokes meant more than just another day.

The doors slid shut, the busses rumbled, the trains rattled, the children converged.

No one could know what collisions might occur today.

DAY SEVEN – WEDNESDAY 11 APRIL 2007 – THE KEEPER, 1944

Post last edited by NON-PLAYER CHARACTER on 10.23.2007, 09:22 AM.

10.21.2007, 08:11 PM NON-PLAYER CHARACTER is offline   Profile for NON-PLAYER CHARACTER Add NON-PLAYER CHARACTER to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got in to school early. I wanted a bit more time alone to think things over. I’d set my alarm half an hour early and gone through the park just as it opened. No-one else was around, it was dull today but mild again and on my way I carried my blazer over my arm. Within sight of the school I put it on, rules were rules and I was obedient. On the outside anyway.

I got in, changed shoes, put away my PE kit bag and went up the already familiar stairs to 1-A. No-one was in yet but as I sat there quietly, a few kids in small groups began to trickle in, none of them were people I’d spoken to.

At my desk I sat and went through last nights homework, just double checking everything. Then I put away my books, put my elbow on my desk, rested my chin there and thought about… things… people mostly…

10.22.2007, 07:10 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No bad dreams. In fact no dreams at all.

A perfectly ordinary start to the day, which was good. Yesterday had been borderline crazy and one day a week like that was plenty.

Kawasaki Station lost property office did have my bag and in it was everything I needed. Maybe there was a god after all. And having the bag was good because I needed the bag today to put them in.

I did my usual thing, only today I did it in a different place. I needed to be here, it was important that I was after that rubbish start to yesterday. So I hung about near the bus stop at the mall entrance and watched the buses arrive, and watched who got off. Waiting for a special someone.

10.22.2007, 07:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When I woke up it didnt look like a nice day. But it felt like one.
I was looking forward to going to school, something I hadnt thought would happen before I moved here.
I showered quickly, put on my uniform and ate my breakfast hastily.
I left early, knowing I would be in school too eaarly, but... who cares?

When I arrived at school and went to my classroom only a few people were already there, Fushida-san included.
As I walked past fushida-san I gave her a short but cheerful Ohayou! and walked on to my seat and sat down.

I felt like taking out my iPod again, but decided to look out the window unto the playground where, ocassionally, rays of light would filter through the clouds and fall upon the sakura trees.

Post last edited by Loscil on 10.22.2007, 09:15 AM.

10.22.2007, 08:41 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night I'd had the most fun that I'd had in a long time. Takeo made great company for me, and seemed to enjoy himself as much as I did. It was therefore on a high note that I entered the school gates and began to make my way to A-1. I went at a leisurely pace, after all, it was really pretty early. My alarm clock had stopped sometime last evening, causing me a panic attack when I'd glanced at it this morning. Too late I realised my mistake, so here I was. In a few minutes, I made it to class, and glanced inside, hoping no-one was inside. If there were, I had no excuse to hang around outside, which I would have preferred. Oh. It's her. I glanced round the class. Ah, but it's him too. I thought, spotting Takeo. With him there, I was brave enough to go in, despite Fushida-san. I gave him a quick smile, and settled at my desk.

10.22.2007, 08:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
"Ohayou!"
I glanced up. Mori-kun went by. He of the cute rear. I checked it again. Yeah, still there. I watched it and the rest of him go to his desk. I looked up at his face and gave him a simple "Ohayo!" and a raised hand and dropped my face back into my palm.

Then someone else came in, I glanced over with my eyes and the flicker of white was enough to tell me who it was. One of the four people I was thinking about. In fact the main one I was thinking about. I felt his glance pass over me but didn't have the nerve to look up in case I met his eyes and it happened again.

I went back to the job in hand. People, always people... what they do to me, what I want from them...

10.22.2007, 08:54 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
hikari
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hikari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I gave the sky a final glance before making my way to my locker, taking out the books I needed and then going to class. There was no Kawahara-kun in sight but it was fairly early so I wasn't expecting him to be around. In fact, I'd surprised even myself by how early I'd gotten up this morning.

Though I wasn't tired, I found myself stifling a yawn as I entered the class and looked around. Well, it never hurts to hope, I thought and then laughed at the stupidity of that thought. I hadn't talked to anyone in the room...and then my eyes rested on Fushida-san. Well there was her but what we'd done for the past few days could hardly be considered talking. Memories of yesterday, at the cafe, flooded my mind and an angry blush rose in my face. Looking back now, I couldn't figure out what was going through my head yestereday and that made me angry. My mind was the one thing I was in control of and I didn't like it when it didn't do as I wanted it to.

In the end, however, the five seconds I spent standing there trying to figure things out didn't help after all and letting out a sigh, I made my way over to my desk. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Fushida-san. Just wave like nothing's wrong if she looks at you Hikari...just wave, I repeated to myself in my head as I walked past her.

10.23.2007, 04:07 AM hikari is offline   Profile for hikari Add hikari to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had had a horrible night, restless, turning this way and that, dreaming horrible dreams where I was running and running looking for something I couldn’t find. It was a horrible morning too. I woke, showered, dressed and ate breakfast in a grey mood, one thought going round and round my head.

I walked to school head down and not seeing anything. Even the day was dull and sticky and depressing. I didn’t feel like my usual early morning practice run today so went up to class and made my way to my desk. I sat for a minute or two before leaving my bag and getting up again and going along to the washroom and sitting in a cubicle.

I tried to stop the tears from coming again.

And again, I couldn’t.

10.23.2007, 06:04 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.22.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went into homeroom and sat down, and, hey, I didn’t want to study. I got a pottery manufacturers catalogue out and flicked through it, looking at designs for inspiration. After a couple of minutes I took the magazine over to the window in the back corner of class and half studied it and half watched the goings on down below as people arrived. I liked watching people, you could make up funny little stories about what they might be talking about or thinking. I looked round the room. Maho was in, and Takeo and Kazuo. And Nagashima-san with the cute hair ribbons who I’d followed in. I watched Takeo-san’s back and made up a set of thoughts he was having.

“Maho’s looking hot today.”

“Oh, no, that Takeo guy is looking at me,”
my version of Maho responded.

“I could ask her out to lunch today.” Fantasy-Takeo thought, “I bet she’d like that, she’s cute and we could…”

Ah… ha, ha, better stop there. I blushed to myself and went back to my window.

He was cute though, if a little tall for me. And always listening to his iPod. I wonder what music you like?

Then that amazingly pretty girl with green colored hair came in, sat for a bit looking unhappy and went out again. Hm, I wonder what’s eating her? She looks like she could use a friend.

10.23.2007, 06:14 AM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Of the four people I was thinking of, the second one came in. I could sense her at once, feel her eyes on me. I’d only known her a couple of days and we were enemies already. Ah, this is insane. What will this achieve? I’m going to get inside Kawaii-hara’s head anyway later and start to understand him. I’m sure there’s something lovely in there somewhere. So really I can afford to gloat a little? No, no, I mean I can afford to let down the defences and be nice a little. Can’t hurt can it?

I turned to her.

“Ohayo gozaimasu, Nagashima-san. How did you get on with the Japanese or geography homework last night?”

I nearly asked her How are you today? but that would be pointless, she knows I don’t care, so why bother to feed the fire that will continue the argument? Just be normal and see what happens…

10.23.2007, 06:25 AM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I woke up early, and, finding myself unable to go back to sleep, decided to come to school a little early.

The school was old, and being constructed in old japanese style, the doors were seldom locked, if there was any.

Unsurprisingly, I arrived to find the art club unlocked, and entering, took my routine pictures. I spent a few minutes looking at the actual mural- gazing, actually, since nothing was registering in my brain. I wasn't exactly a morning person anyway.

I then headed to the classroom. I wasn't the first to arrive, but since I wasn't on duty that day, I simply laid my head on the table and closed my eyes to nap.

10.23.2007, 09:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

With tired eyes, tired mind, and tired soul, I slept.
I dreamt all night, it was great. An then the alarm clock rang. D'oh!

I was well on time, I did the usual morning routine and I got to school early. So I headed to the room.

I walked up the hall, and I saw that girl with the green hair walk by, looking rather depressed and on the verge of tears. I reached into my bag and pulled out a small packet of tissues and offered it to her.
"Hey take it easy" I said in a friendly tone "Need some tissues? Take these, cheer up eh?"

10.23.2007, 03:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I approached the school, filled with worry. After running out on Megu-chan yesterday, I felt so stupid. I couldn't see any way to sort things out and I don't deserve it anyway.

Walking through the school gates, I seemed to feel a more physical weight, and looked down at the ground just behind me. There it was, black and ominous as always. So I decided what I was going to do.

Having a plan really helped. I went straight to Class 1-A and sat down. She's not here... I pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

On the other hand, somebody else wasn't there either. It looked like I'd just have to wait a bit longer.

10.23.2007, 03:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
..Ayami..
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After the tears had stopped, I blew my nose, washed my face and made my way back to class.

quote:
"Hey take it easy"
I looked up from the floor where I was staring into a pair of kind eyes, oddly of different colours. The voice was kind too.

quote:
"Need some tissues? Take these, cheer up eh?"
I looked at him a little blankly but managed a small smile, a nod and a rather weak “Arigato.”

As he turned away I suddenly said, “Ah, I’m Megumi. What’s your name?” I only said it because he seemed kind and filling in the silence took my mind off thoughts of running up and down rows of shops.

10.23.2007, 04:10 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
natsuba
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by natsuba Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I put away my magazine and sat back at my desk. In front of me Fantasy-Takeo kept on thinking:

“How can I possibly live with such long legs? It takes me all morning to reach down to pull my socks on.”

“Yes,”
Fantasy-Me answered him, dreamy-eyed, “And those irritatingly broad shoulders, putting your shirt on must be a real chore.”

”What’s it like? I said aloud, right behind him, without realizing it.

10.23.2007, 04:35 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Nice to meet you Megumi-san, I'm Seisaku"

"I'm pretty sure you are in the same class as me, not to many people with green hair. So I'm going to head off to class, try to cheer up a bit, black clouds aren't meant to hang over you"

and with that I nodded and started past her off to class.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.23.2007, 04:38 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I guess it was because I was being very quiet just looking out of the window, savouring the silence.
Maybe it was because I was waiting for something to happen.
For whatever reason it was, when the silent, pretty girl behind who, as I had previously observed, seemed more studious than social, uttered the words "Whats it like?" I was fast to react.

I turned in my chair slowly so as to not give the impression that I was over eager or something of the kind. I gave her a smile, just in case and then added, quietly "Gomen... what's what like?".
I hoped she would not give the typical shy girl answer and stutter some incomprehensible jumble of every version of the word sorry and then look down, embarrassed.

10.23.2007, 04:50 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
..Ayami..
Totoro

quote:
"Nice to meet you Megumi-san, I'm Seisaku."
“Ah, hai, Seisaku-san, gomen, I’m not usually like this. Arigato – for the tissues.”

He smiled and turned to go towards 1-A.

quote:
"I'm pretty sure you’re in the same class as me, not too many people with green hair. So I'm going to head off to class, try to cheer up a bit, black clouds aren't meant to hang over you."
That last comment sounded a little strange, but his voice was kind enough.

“Yes, we’re in the same class. You sit at the back don’t you, near the window? And you’re friends with Fushida-san too, I saw you yesterday when that shadow thing happened…” I trailed off.

Don’t! Just don’t think about that now.

“So, can I come with you?”

We went into 1-A and I sat back down at my desk with a little wave of ”Bye!” to Seisaku-san. I stared at the wood in front of me. I’d seen him. Behind me. Inside all sorts of emotions began to churn around. Would he say anything? Should I?

10.23.2007, 04:59 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

We walked back to the classroom, didn't really say anything on the walk, but the company was nice.

We entered the room and she went to her seat and waved bye to me, I obliged and waved back.

I walked past Fushida-san.

"Hey, how was your night?"

10.23.2007, 05:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
natsuba
Ohmu

My day dream betrayed me and at once he turned round. Slowly. I watched him turn. Ahhhh... I gave him a wide smile, a big kitten smile.

Of embarrassment

"I'm so broad-shouldered it takes me five minutes to turn and face you..."

Oh do SHUT UP!

quote:
"Gomen... what's what like?"
My smile widened, my eyes closed. oh, no... "Ah... ha, gomen, gomen... ah, sumimasen..." and I giggled like an idiot. Then, thinking fast, I made a deadpan straight face, "Your music. On your iPod, you were listening to it yesterday, what do you listen to?"

10.23.2007, 05:16 PM natsuba is offline   Profile for natsuba Add natsuba to your buddy list Send an Email to natsuba
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks