QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats The Highlight Of Your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Whats The Highlight Of Your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight of today (well it was about 1:30am this morning so feels like yesterday) was watching "Strawberry Panic" and getting 3/4 of the way through and discovering that it was worth watching after all. Quite emotional. I love a good weepy...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.04.2007, 04:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw the first ten minutes of that once. It, er, spoke for itself.

08.04.2007, 04:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a surprise to me....I watched a few episodes and dismissed it as fluff....and this is the first time I've been told otherwise.

08.04.2007, 11:10 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, it is silly fluff most of the time but by episode 18 or so it suddenly begins to wake up and actually pulls at your heartstrings a bit. Trouble is you have to sit through the first 17 episodes of silly fluff first to work out who's in love with who and who is rejecting who and who's a dizzy clueless kid running around unable to work out the whole schools in love with them...

And so on...

It was the highlight of my day, but it was a slow news day...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.04.2007, 12:01 PM.

08.04.2007, 11:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Momiji
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.28.07
  Search for Posts by Momiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the highlight of my day has been finding out that "Tales From Earthsea" is showing in the cinema on my birthday! I'll be 16 on Thursday 9th, and to celebrate I'm going to take some friends to see the new Ghilbli film. After, we'll go to Wagamama for some noodles and cake

It'll be the first Studio Ghibli film that I've ever seen in a cinema! I'm looking forward to Thursday already!

08.04.2007, 03:32 PM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sounds good. Enjoy yourself!

(And Wagamama is pretty good too!)

08.04.2007, 04:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just made myself a Ghibli T-Shirt using the great services of Cafepress.com's "Make your own stuff" option. When it arrives, I'll probably be posting in this thread again

08.04.2007, 08:40 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sleeping in till 11 that was nice.

and knowing that im going to my cousins camp tomorrow.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.04.2007, 08:45 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Momiji
I think the highlight of my day has been finding out that "Tales From Earthsea" is showing in the cinema on my birthday! I'll be 16 on Thursday 9th, and to celebrate I'm going to take some friends to see the new Ghilbli film. After, we'll go to Wagamama for some noodles and cake

It'll be the first Studio Ghibli film that I've ever seen in a cinema! I'm looking forward to Thursday already!

I can't find any part of this that isn't really really awesome.

08.05.2007, 09:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Momiji
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.28.07
  Search for Posts by Momiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I can't find any part of this that isn't really really awesome.

Heha, thanks so much! I'm wondering whether I should tell Wagamama that it's my birthday... then all the waiters and waitresses might come out and sing happy birthday!

The only annoyance is that the film will be in dubs... I had wanted to see a subtitled version, but there's no nearby cinemas showing subs. Still, it will be a great day!

08.05.2007, 09:22 AM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I'll be seeing a dub too sadly, but I won't complain, since it's the only time I'll get the chance to see it at all.

08.05.2007, 09:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Surely somewhere in London is showing the subbed version?

08.05.2007, 09:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Well, at that particular time. Also, if I found another one it would be a pain in the proverbial ass to get there.

08.05.2007, 09:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My cuz will probably see it before me...Darn my cousins in Toronto!! Well, it is their fault me and my cuz know what anime is and what the films I was watching were.(found Ghibli at age 4, and almost killed my parents for the VHS's of Spirited Away and Laputa when I was 9/10. I believe I can't find them anymore~. Hee hee hee, and it's the first VHS case of Kiki.^^Thankies, momma!)

Hightlight, highlight....Well, it's sunny, I finally was able to download "smile" (a song from Full Moon that wouldn't download for me before), got three new story ideas thanks to Ray, and my parents aren't home till tomorrow. And every hour or so me and my sister try and kill each other. She almost threw a chair at me...>.>....I threw her shoes and almost hit my dad's monitor..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.05.2007, 11:39 AM.

08.05.2007, 11:38 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Teaching myself how to windsurf.

08.05.2007, 08:26 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

umm telling some asshole in the world to keep his mouth shut i dont listen to pests.

also graphic design

08.05.2007, 11:37 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Waking up to find the English summer really does seem to have finally arrived - yay! Heat!

08.06.2007, 04:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my highlight was buying alcohol for the 1st time. i didnt panick or anything, it was cool

cheers

08.06.2007, 05:43 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Today's highlight would probably be getting my exam results and discovering that I got the top grade for all my subjects.

08.06.2007, 09:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Spungwa
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.21.06
  Search for Posts by Spungwa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Knowing that i no longer have to worry about exams and grades and stuff.

Best thing about being an old fart and working is that i dont have to take any work home with me. The instant i leave the office i can completely forget about work until i go back

Spungwa

08.06.2007, 11:24 AM Spungwa is offline   Profile for Spungwa Add Spungwa to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks