QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Roleplaying ONLY
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Roleplaying ONLY » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Isakaya High School - Roleplaying ONLYPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NARRATOR:

It was first thing in the morning of the second day of the new semester, the new year. Isakaya High was one of the more prestigious Tokyo high schools and for the incoming freshman year of tenth graders this would be a whole new world for them.

A world of real study - coursework and homework that would make their eyes water with effort and the days seem too short. New clubs too, sports clubs, writing and drama groups, crafts groups - the choice was almost limitless.

Isakaya High was in many ways just like many other Japanese high schools that taught teenagers from the ages of fifteen through seventeen or eighteen. It was built on the American pattern with two main wings of classrooms set at right angles to each other and joined by the ubiquitous covered walkway. Atop the main building above the entrance was the clock tower and there was a flat roof, beloved of every high school anime and manga everywhere. There was the quad in the angle formed by the two classroom wings and beyond it the gym, the swimming pool and the judo and kendo hall.

Behind the main buildings were the bicycle racks and many pathways and benches where students could eat lunch, study, walk or sit in the shade of the sakura trees.

In fact you could take a photo of almost any part of Isakaya High and it could have come out of almost any high school anime series you could care to mention.

But with one big difference.

The pupils.

Every school is just a building. Just concrete and glass and steel. It's the people who learn there that makes it a living growing community. Yesterday the freshman class of fifteen year old tenth graders had sat in the main hall and listened to the Kouchou-sensei - the headmaster - and his long pep talk about how prestigious the school was, how their future lives depended on what they did with their time here over the next three years, how big companies were watching schools like Isakaya and looking for their future executives among the young people. Quite frankly though the pep talk was boring and nothing new to the freshmen. They'd seen it all before... on their TV screens...

What they were interested in mainly, was finding out what their class mates would be like, and if the rumours were true. The strange rumours about the things that went on at Isakaya...

DAY ONE - THURSDAY 5 APRIL 2007 - AKURI SENSEI TAKES CHARGE

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.05.2007, 07:35 AM.

07.29.2007, 04:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okayu Sadoru walked down the corridor, his school slippers silent on the shiny floor. He stopped outside the classroom marked 1-A.

"Hm, this is the one. Wonder who's here?"

He slid the door open.

The room was empty. It was first thing in the morning after all. Sadoru walked across to the large windows and dropped his bag on the floor beside a random desk. Hands in the pockets of his black winter uniform jacket he scowled at the scene outside. Students were coming into the building, he wondered what they would be like. He ran his fingers through his red-brown hair. He kept it short for convenience but liked to use gel on it making it spiky and funky and fun. All this moody looking through a long fringe stuff was fine if you were a manga hero, but Sadoru liked to be a little different. He watched the students below him and wondered if some of the girls in the class would like someone different too?

There was a noise behind him, the door slid open on its tracks. Someone else had come in. He turned to see who it was...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.29.2007, 04:22 PM.

07.29.2007, 04:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Momiji
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Momiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There was someone already inside classroom. I smiled nervously and stepped into the slightly chilly 1-A.

"...hi?" I croaked.

I cleared my throat and tried again.

"So you're new here too?"

Without waiting for a reply, I placed my bag carefully behind a desk adjacent to the windows. First impressions are paramount, so I smoothed the creases from my uniform and began plucking dust motes from my dark jacket. Faintly, I could hear the voices of students outside. I removed a pen from my satchel and set it neatly in the groove that ran along the desk. The pen was a new year present, and had "Hiro" embossed on its side. Brushing my brown hair out of my eyes, I grinned at the other boy.

"And you are?"

Post last edited by Momiji on 07.29.2007, 05:19 PM.

07.29.2007, 05:18 PM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Ohayo," I raised a hand in greeting. But only a few inches, can't be seen to be too enthusiastic now, its uncool to get too friendly too soon.

"My names Okayu. Okayu Sadoru. I'm from Tama New Town, up on Iroha-Zaka. Where are you from...uh...Hiro...?" I said glancing at the monogrammed pen he placed on the desk, "Is it Hiro, or did you steal Hiro's pen on the way in this morning?"

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.29.2007, 07:26 PM.

07.29.2007, 06:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Outside, a slightly nervous freshman slid open the door as silently as he could, and entered with equal stealth. He wasn't afraid of people or anything really; just shy. He definitely wasn't planning on being the first to introduce himself to others.

Especially since he was foreigner.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 07.30.2007, 12:13 AM.

07.29.2007, 11:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Momiji
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Momiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Hey!", I laughed, "Of course this pen is mine!"

I sat on a chair and rested my arms on the desk. Okayu seems so relaxed and calm!

"I'm in Tama New Town too. Well, I really live in Hino, rather close to Tama zoo. Right now my parents are renovating, so I'm staying with my aunt in Tama New Town. She lives near the Tama Centre Station and Sanrio Puroland!"

I leant back in my chair. Someone else had come into the classroom.

"Ohayo!" I smiled, "You're new too, huh?"

07.30.2007, 03:34 AM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

"So, Tama Zoo, you don't like going there do you? I can't be doing with all that caged animals stuff. Zoos are so out of step with modern culture, at least in the west. I'm surprised that Japan still treats animals like exhibits and it even stays open, but there you go..."

Hm. I shut up wondering if I'd offended him since he'd gone quiet on me.

It wasn't until Hiro turned to greet the other person that I even noticed they'd entered, so quietly had they opened the door and slid over to a desk. As far as I could see the newcomer had slunk into a chair without looking up. He didn't look Japanese either but I wasn't sure what he was. Indian maybe? Thai?

I sat at a desk one across from Hiro and got out the sleeve notes to my Fooly Cooly DVD. I'd watched it over the weekend and still hadn't a clue what it was about, so I read some of the writers notes while wondering if there would be any girls in our new class at all.

07.30.2007, 04:48 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I stood oustide the classroom door, leaning against the wall. People passed by now and again, but I didn't say anything or even acknowlege (sp?) the scattered "Ohayo"s. If you don't speak, nobody will have any reason to hate you, I reasoned. This is why I decided not to go into the room when I heard voices from within.

07.30.2007, 05:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Momiji
Kodama

The third student to enter didn't reply. Perhaps he didn't know that I was addressing him? The room had sunk back into an uneasy silence, chipped by the regular beat of the clock.

"Oh!" I began, turning to Okayo, suddenly realising that he must have been talking to me. "Tama zoo? I've only visited it once, during a school outing. I remember sitting under a huge display of cherry blossoms and being terrified by the giraffes!"

I chuckled and turned back to the new boy. I hope he didn't think that I was ignoring him!

Post last edited by Momiji on 07.30.2007, 09:40 AM.

07.30.2007, 09:24 AM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

"Hey, Hiro, have you seen this series?"

I waved my FLCL DVD booklet under his nose.

I was beginning to wonder if we'd gone in the right room, it was so quiet. And shouldn't our homeroom sensei be here soon?

07.30.2007, 09:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Momiji
Kodama

"FLCL!? The six episode OVA? I've heard of it, but never watched it." I rocked back in my chair, "do you think we were meant to gather outside before coming in?"

I was getting really nervous ~ think of the impression our teacher would form if we had gathered in the wrong place! Although, we might just be very, very early!

07.30.2007, 11:45 AM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

"Mmm... Hiro, you could always go down to the faculty office and ask. And then die coz freshmen get eaten alive if they stick their noses in the faculty office on the second day! Heh, heh, only joking... but, hm, we should have had a sensei come in by now...unless..."

07.30.2007, 12:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Momiji
Kodama

By this time I was getting frantic that we'd stumbled into the wrong place. I checked the label that I had latched to my school bag. "Hiro Murakami ~ Class 1-A" it stated, scrawled in my own writing, which slanted slightly upwards as if the bottom line was trying to join the one above.

"I'll pop into the corridor and see if there's any sign of our senei, " I told Okayo.

I slid open the door, and poked my head around the corner. There was someone leaning against the wall, but he didn't look like a teacher...

"Are you in this class too?" I asked him.

07.30.2007, 05:20 PM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sensei Akuri walked in, an intimidating looks set upon his face. His frown sitting upon his square jaw. He looked around yet it seemed as if he stared straight through the pupils.
As teacher, and champion, of the Martial arts for the school, his Icy Reputation had been passed down throughout Isakaya High for the past 5 years. Tales of outbursts, fits of rage and above all; his disciplinary acts.
Many students feared this dreaded professor, his temper exceeded his intellect at times; of which he had alot.
He sat at his desk and the pupils immediately went silent. The atmosphere of the room lay still. No student deared to flinch or breathe.
Waiting for the rest of the students to gather for their final induction into their registration period, he glanced at his watch.

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.30.2007, 05:21 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Momiji
Kodama

The sensei swept straight past me and into the room! So much for my first impression... what would he have though after seeing me leaning out of that door...?

I spun back into the classroom, and skulked back to my desk. Gingerly, I slipped back into my seat. In an instant I realised that he was Sensei Akuri. When my aunt had brought me to visit the school for the first time, I had heard about this sensei, and also heard a variety of colourful descriptions about his personality.

Slowly, I exhaled and pulled my jacket tight. It was getting cold.

07.30.2007, 05:31 PM Momiji is offline   Profile for Momiji Add Momiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Damn. A bloody PE teacher. We'd got ourselves lumbered with a numbskull PE teacher. Thoughts of that dimwit woman from Azumanga came unbidden into my head.

And I'd hoped to really improve my English too.

Baka! I might have to carry on with the English cram school classes here too. Having suffered them for the three years of middle school, I was really hoping for a sensei who majored in English. Maybe one of those hot, beautifully pneumatic American women transfer teachers.

But no luck.

I glanced at Foreign Quiet Guy near the door but he seemed to be in deep conversation with his desktop. A look at Hiro to my left caused me to notice he was shivering. Was he ill? Or used to the hotter south part of the country? It was April after all and fairly mild I thought.

Oh, well, better shut up and wait for the rest of class to drift in, although first period would start soon.

07.30.2007, 05:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Imperfection
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I let my eyes fall on the main entrance to the school, examining the building. Something about it was strange, for lack of a better word. It was hard for me to pin point the reasoning behind my thought, but none the less I was reluctant to enter the school.

I heard a faint whisper of wind as it caressed the back of my neck, rustling my short hair that could only be described as an organised mess. I stood a top the small hill that over looked Isakaya High, watching the students go in, bustling around like bees in their hive.

I don’t know why my parents decided to enrol me into such a prestigious school; I didn’t know much Japanese, I was more an English person and could never be bothered learning other languages bar my own native one.

Sighing I sat on the grass, feeling calmer as I let myself become one with nature, enjoying the many sensations and feelings that began to envelop me, maybe I’d go to school eventually, come in later in the term, but as of yet I was happy to ditch it and follow my own ambitions.

07.30.2007, 08:39 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[RPG too fast to respond, er, fast enough Not sure how RPGs work since I've never participated in one despite having LOTS of friends who do (will check later), but I think you can use other characters other than yours as well. I'll post my specs in the other topic later]

Bell hasn't rung.

And won't for... two more minutes at least.

The teacher is already here.

And he's not saying anything.

a) He's a bad-ass no-nonsense teacher, and looks the part too

b) It's just his habit. I don't know him anyway.

Intuition states the obvious. So much for hoping for a good first day, I thought, and let out an soft but audible sigh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.30.2007, 11:36 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(have no idea if I'm doing this right)

I pushed the entrance doors open and rushed along the corridor, trying to find my classroom. Various teachers scolded me for running and some even asked if I needed any help, which I denied. Apparently my confused look had made it apparent that I had no idea where I was going. Even worse, I had a feeling that the bell was going to ring any moment and I would have to walk into the classroom late, under the eyes of all the other students.

I shivered at the thought and glanced momentarily at the window. I had an inexplicable urge to forget all about school and simply leave. Better yet, I could try and find the music rooms and simply hang around in there for the day! What was the worst that could happen?

I shook the ridiculous thought out of my head and resumed my search. It was another few minutes until I finally found the classroom marked 1-A. There was another boy who was simply standing outside the door. I stole a quick glance inside. There were people inside already, but there was very little noise, which meant little conversation and therefore very little cover for me to quickly grab a seat unnoticed. But I'd come this far, and there was no turning back. I thought of trying to persuade the student beside me to enter with me, so that I would be spared of having to walk alone into the classroom, but discarded the idea quickly. The idea of starting a conversation with this guy was even more terrifying then walking into the classroom.

I took a deep breath, squinted my eyes, stepped into the classroom, and headed for a seat, waiting for someone to trip me, make a joke about me, throw something at me, or for the teacher to scold me. I kept my eyes on the chair and kept moving towards it.

Post last edited by Theowne on 07.31.2007, 12:55 AM.

07.31.2007, 12:52 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fortunately, I had blended in perfectly well. Perhaps I had some kind of hitherto undiscovered power to camoflage myself as a wall at will. After all, many people had walked past, including what was either a teacher, an executioner or both, without noticing me once.

As somebody else walked over to the door, looking terrified, before hesitantly walking in, I decided to go in as well. I knew I would have to at some point.

Choosing a seat at the back of the class, behind plenty of other silent students, I sat down and gazed absent-mindedly out the window.

07.31.2007, 06:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks