QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Thread order & edits
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Thread order & edits » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Thread order & editsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello,

I think I found a bug... when I edit a post, it brings the topic to the top, and says that the last person who posted in that thread, posted when I made my edit.

It's not a big deal, but is there a way to fix it?

08.10.2007, 01:07 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's not a bug. Some forums do that when a post is edited in a thread, to indicate that there has been a change. Although most of the time, the change is reflected in a different manner.

The function is just unique here.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.10.2007, 02:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saying that post was the last amended post is okay but I think Mushka is saying the last post is now indicated as being made by someone else at the time the edit was made - and that's definitely a bug.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.10.2007, 03:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The problem is that the forum software recognizes the latest time that the thread was modified (the edit) and then assigns that to the "last post" section. However the last post username is drawn from the username of the most recent post in that thread. So what ends up happening is that, for example, on the "post a picture" thread, it says that the latest post is franpgb at 10:04. However, inside the thread it shows that she posted at 07:46. 10:04 was the time that someone made an edit in the thread (modified it). But it ends up showing as franpgb made the last post at 10:04.

This issue doesn't exist in the latest version of Burning Board , but stuff like this always used to pop up in the earlier versions when I used it. I don't think that we're on the latest version here.

Post last edited by Theowne on 08.10.2007, 09:42 PM.

08.10.2007, 10:28 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

O ya, we're definetely not on the latest version

This is a very early version of free BB, later versions of free BB had less features, that's why I never updated the forum. I also tried to convert the board to phpBB few times, but had no luck :/ so we're kinda stuck lol

08.10.2007, 11:24 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Which converters did you use? There's some BB to PhpBB 2.0 converters out there that I've used before and they worked okay (I used them for versions 2.3.4, and 2.1.3), though sometimes they missed stuff like poll options and BBcode.

Guess it's not worth it though, just to fix small issues like this one.

08.10.2007, 12:24 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it's not easily fixed then I don't mind at all. Actually, it's a little amusing sometimes

08.10.2007, 12:30 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
it's a little amusing sometimes

Except when you edit a post, go out, come back, see someone's posted since you were there, go in. And... they haven't... and I think someone over in Tavern-land is playing tricks on my poor ickle bwain.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.10.2007, 01:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True.

Speaking of editing posts, is there a way to remove your signature through editing? The little check box doesn't seem to be there in the edit window, and I always forget in the RP thread to do it the first time...

Post last edited by Mush on 08.11.2007, 01:30 AM.

08.11.2007, 01:25 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
True.

Speaking of editing posts, is there a way to remove your signature through editing? The little check box doesn't seem to be there in the edit window, and I always forget in the RP thread to do it the first time...

You can't. Once it's there, it's there.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.20.2007, 11:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks