QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away! :D
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Howl's Moving Castle & Spirited Away! :D » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyaka
(so are you new to annime/manga too or just ghibli?)

I started my first film with the Mystirious Play, the story was great and the anime well done. since then I have been looking at a few good films before I came accross the ghibli films. After seeing a Miyazaki film, I loved them so much that I decided to collect them all, so far I have: Howls moving Castle; Castle in the sky; Kiki's delivery; Nausica; Return of the Cat; and soon I will have whisper of the heart and My Neighbor Totoro. My favorites so far are Spirited away and Howls moving Castle.

no I'm just new here.i've been with anime,manga,and ghibli a long time well maybe not ghibli

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

04.09.2007, 01:12 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
BehindTheMask
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BehindTheMask Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are both amazing stories. I watched Spirited Away a couple days ago, actually. It's funny because there is a lake near me with a single house on one side of it that reminds me all the time of the scene in Spirited Away when the train passes a location of a single house surrounded by water. Everytime I drive down the street, I look at the house on the lake and I just love it.

And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

- Frankenstein

04.09.2007, 02:03 PM BehindTheMask is offline   Profile for BehindTheMask Add BehindTheMask to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there's this feild near me that always reminds me of the feild that chihiro and her family first come across when they pass through the building. it's wonderful in the summer, where you can kust lie down and feel the grass all around you and the breeze brushing against your face...

04.10.2007, 10:05 AM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Miyaka
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.06.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(I started my first film with the Mystirious Play)

I have seen the Mystirious Play too, and loved it too. Miyaka's love for Tomahome and his in return brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it. after seeing that movie I really started to like anime, before it was only the art that I found cool.

After seeing a Ghibli Film I also started to collect them, I started with Howls moving Caslte and now I have: Whisper of the heart, Nausica, Princess Monanoki, Castle in the Sky, Kiki, Totoro, and hope to soon have Spirited away. My three favorites are Howls Moving Castle, Spirited away, and Whisper of the Heart.

So who are your favorite Charaters in the Mystierious Play? Mine are Miyaka, Tomahome, and the king whose name I cannot remember at present, but will at another time when I don't need to >

I like the Girls in all three of my favorite films, Sophie, Chihiro, and Shizuku. so I guess they are my favorite Charaters in the Ghibli films

04.22.2007, 10:00 AM Miyaka is offline   Profile for Miyaka Add Miyaka to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro_spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what's mystirious play? what's it about? please tell!

04.22.2007, 06:51 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
Miyaka
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.06.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyaka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Mysterious Play is a fantacy anime, more of an adult film than for kids. It tells the story about two best friends who find the Book of the Four Gods. as they open it they are drawn right into the books story.

The Mysterious Play or Fushigi Yuugi is the story of two junior high school students, Yuuki Miaka and Hongo Yui. Miaka and Yui find an ancient book in the library. They begin to read the book and it tells the story of a girl who gained the power of Suzaku and had every wish come true and that by reading the book, the legend would begin. Miaka is pulled into the book where finds herself in Konan country and meets Tamahome, a mysterious young man who seems to care only for money. Miaka and Tamahome travel to Emporer Hotohori's palace, where Hotohori convinces Miaka that she is the Suzaku no Miko of the legend. Suzaku is the god of Konan, it is a beautiful red phoenix. Each god has seven seishi (protectors) who are to help the Miako when she is found. Tamahome and Hotohori are two of the Suzaku's seishi, together with Miaka they begin to search for the remaining seishi.

Later, Miaka returns temporarily to Tokyo, and Yui is pulled into the book. Realizing that Yui has been sent into the book Miaka decides to return. But, in only a few hours Tokyo time, Yui has been in Kutou country for 3 months, lost and alone. She is found by the Shogun of Kutou country, Nakago. Kutou is a waring country and an enemy of Konan. Manipulated by Nakago, and convinced that Miaka caused her pain because she took 3 months to return, Yui becomes the Seiryuu no Miko of Kutou's god Seiryuu, the blue dragon. She then begins a quest of vengeance against her best friend. Miaka and Yui and their seishi fight against each other, one for ultimate peace, and the other for ultimate power.

It has a whole series of episodes that have been translated into English. I just found a third series called Eikoden that I am going to rent, I can't what to see it!!!

04.24.2007, 11:50 AM Miyaka is offline   Profile for Miyaka Add Miyaka to your buddy list
Chihiro_spirit
Tanuki

wow!! that sounds treally cool! i'll check it out! thanx a bunch!

04.24.2007, 05:13 PM Chihiro_spirit is offline   Profile for Chihiro_spirit Add Chihiro_spirit to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks