QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - forum time
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » forum time » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  forum timePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ok i made a small change to the forum timezone, all times are now EST

it was GMT before, it was kinda annoying that half of the threads posted on a day doesnt show up as "today"

06.12.2006, 10:10 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to know, I didn't even know it was GMT before!

06.13.2006, 02:44 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haha great...but i really don't know anything about the time....lolz

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.22.2006, 11:54 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser

Don't know if this is what you meant, but EST (eastern standard time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) are time zones (an area on the earth's surface where everybody uses the same time) which are 5 hours appart. The EST zone includes (among other places) Florida, New york, Virginia, and anyplace within its limits. Greenwich is actually a place in England and its GMT zone serves as the standard time zone by which all others determine their time. Time zones are needed because since the earth is a sphere that rotates from west to east (counterclockwise if you look down from above the north pole), 6pm in England would still be 1pm in Florida, and 10am for me (I'm in the Pacific Standard Time zone)!

Post last edited by aviator on 06.23.2006, 03:16 AM.

06.23.2006, 02:21 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by aviator
quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser

Don't know if this is what you meant, but EST (eastern standard time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) are time zones (an area on the earth's surface where everybody uses the same time) which are 5 hours appart. The EST zone includes (among other places) Florida, New york, Virginia, and anyplace within its limits. Greenwich is actually a place in England and its GMT zone serves as the standard time zone by which all others determine their time. Time zones are needed because since the earth is a sphere that rotates from west to east (counterclockwise if you look down from above the north pole), 6pm in England would still be 1pm in Florida, and 10am for me (I'm in the Pacific Standard Time zone)!

Cool! Thanks! I mean, I knew about the time zones and etc...but thank you for the awesome detailed explanation!

p.s.-I've been having problems with smilies lately....haha lolz......

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.23.2006, 01:38 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
aviator
Warawara

anytime!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks! I mean, I knew about the time zones and etc...but thank you for the awesome detailed explanation!

[/QUOTE]

Happy to know it was interesting!

Post last edited by aviator on 06.24.2006, 01:34 AM.

06.24.2006, 01:33 AM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is there any way to alter things in your user CP so that it shows up your own time zone? cos, er, it's five hours off for me...

08.19.2006, 03:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UO
ok i made a small change to the forum timezone, all times are now EST

it was GMT before, it was kinda annoying that half of the threads posted on a day doesnt show up as "today"

I DO NOT NO WHAT THE GMT OR THE EST

Check out my music:

04.01.2007, 08:38 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think aviator described it very well.

I luv the susuwatari^^

04.06.2007, 02:58 PM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks!

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 04.07.2007, 10:59 AM.

04.07.2007, 10:57 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks