QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats Youe All-Time Favorite Anime/manga?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Whats Youe All-Time Favorite Anime/manga? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Bleach is my favourite manga & anime right now. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is another favourite, as are Spirited Away and Whisper of the Heart.

07.03.2010, 01:50 PM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recently made some changes to my top anime list here, expanding it to 15. My top three were Whisper of the Heart, Honey and Clover, and Princess Mononoke. Some of the other non-Ghibli stuff includes Planetes, Millenium Actress, and Banner of the Stars II.

07.03.2010, 09:24 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Besides the Studio Ghibli films (and pre-Ghibli works such as Future Boy Conan and Goshu the Cellist), my favorite anime includes:

Films:
Akira
Night on the Galactic Railroad
Mind Game
Tekkon Kinkreet
Metropolis
Tokyo Godfathers
Angel's Egg
Neo Tokyo (aka Labyrinth Tales)
Barefoot Gen

Series:
The Tatami Galaxy
Now and Then, Here and There
Serial Experiments Lain
The works of Kunio Kato (especially Diary of Tortov Roddle and House of Small Cubes.)

And as for manga, I've only read Nausicaa and the first volume of Akira, so I can't really list anything.

09.11.2010, 05:05 PM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
AutomatedMayday
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.18.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AutomatedMayday Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Deathnote, Darker than Black, Akira, and Howl's Moving Castles are all wonderful animes. Madara is also a good manga.

08.18.2011, 10:55 PM AutomatedMayday is offline   Profile for AutomatedMayday Add AutomatedMayday to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a lot of favorites but here's some of them:
Death note, Ouran High School, Durarara, FMA... and many more xD

08.22.2011, 11:05 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As others have said, this is a hard one...

I like 'Chobits' (poor Hideki, charming crazy Sumomo), 'Azumanga Daioh' (the girls in general), 'Whisper of the Heart' (the interactions betwen family), 'Tokyo Godfathers' (again the 'family' interactions).

There are just way too many for me to pick out just one and say, "This is my all-time favorite".

10.16.2011, 09:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
pauljlarry
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.21.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by pauljlarry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite movies are :
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Grave of the Fireflies
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Howl's Moving Castle
Castle in the Sky

All these are amazing movies, I like to watch them again and again.

10.21.2011, 06:59 AM pauljlarry is offline   Profile for pauljlarry Add pauljlarry to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My top 3 favourite anime movies are:

Howls Moving Castle
Metropolis
Tokyo Goadfathers

In that order!!

10.29.2011, 09:33 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

anime series:
Toshokan Sensou
Lovely Complex
Natsume Yuujinchou

movies:
5 centimeters per second
Girl who leapt through time
whisper of the heart

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

11.05.2011, 02:46 PM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Top five animes / movies:
1. Galaxy Express 999
2. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (The manga moreso than the movie)
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Durarara
5. Cowboy Bebop

I would put some U.S. serieses which borrow from anime (MLP:FiM is a prime example) but they are not "formally" considered anime.

02.17.2012, 11:12 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At the moment I am rather fond of Detective Conan!

Love the characters and plot lines, the murders are really clever and I love the Agatha Christie style to it!!

02.19.2012, 07:55 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite movies are:

Spirited Away
Howl's moving castle
Princess Mononoke
Wisper of the heart
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

There's a many other beautiful movies especially of Hayao Miyazaki.

05.04.2013, 05:20 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks