QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General What Manga series are you reading right now Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, jina, I will check it out...

Oh yeah, and WELCOME to the Tavern. We hope you enjoy it here and will come back many, many times...

PS
Love the avatar...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.07.2012, 10:13 AM.

02.07.2012, 10:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Read a random manga called "Masturbation Master".

Surprisingly deep story with an excellent ending, and hardly erotic even. Yay randomness.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.08.2012, 03:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fayepmill
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.08.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fayepmill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching Bamboo blade its pretty entertaining.

laminate wood flooring

02.08.2012, 09:24 AM fayepmill is offline   Profile for fayepmill Add fayepmill to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've read so much manga recently that I don't even have the energy to recount them all, so I'll stick with those I've particularly enjoyed.

1. Chihayafuru - It's shoujo, but not in a particularly stereotypical sense I feel, focusing (at least at the point to which I've read) on sport (in the form of karuta) opposed to romance. It's a refreshing read amongst so many otherwise identical shoujo reads.

2. Mars - I just finished it and it was one of those reads where you feel that when people ask you about it you should call it an 'emotional rollercoaster' and make air quotes with your fingers. It's pretty dark at times, in a good way, which I think gives it a necessary edge. The heroine is a wimp but at least the general plot differs from the main.

3. Tenshi Nanka ja Nai - By the same mangaka as 'Paradise Kiss' and it's pretty similar in humour. This one is slightly more optimistic romance wise though and has (I feel) more heart, but as a trade off not as interesting a heroine.

There have been a few other gooduns recently, but they're all fairly similar shoujo romances to 2 & 3 so it doesn't seem too necessary. I think I'm in a soppy mood of late, but I still maintain they're good quality shoujo.

02.08.2012, 05:21 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i'm currently reading death note

02.09.2012, 06:16 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Kazuma46
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.10.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazuma46 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am reading GANTZ as of right now. Thinking of starting up Usagi Drop soon

02.10.2012, 09:10 PM Kazuma46 is offline   Profile for Kazuma46 Add Kazuma46 to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  An oldie..Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hyper Police. It's kinda raunchy I suppose, but I loved the series that was made a few yrs back, it's funny and the characters are likable. The premise is simular to the movie "Rock and Rule" which is 1 of my top 50 favorite movies.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

02.23.2012, 02:36 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My local library Director, Robert, has a sister involved someway in the manga industry and he loaned me a book to read, a thick manga that his sister gave him. It is titled "Swallow the Earth" by Osama Tezuka. A very unusual manga originally written around 1968 and the artwork appears to be from that era as well. Well it was not one of the most memorable manga that I have read, it was still absorbing. I will not give any of the plot away except to say that it is a world-domination story, quite involved and convoluted...

02.28.2012, 04:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Read the only two volumes of "Lone Wolf and Cub" that the local library has, volumes 4 and 6.

Good stories... I liked the last ep in vol 6 the best...

03.25.2012, 04:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

No series other than vol 7 of "Lone Wolf and Cub"

read volumes of:

Saturn Apartments;
Bokurano Ours;
Coyote Ragtime Show;
and Rizelmine.

also read the graphic novel of "Farenheit 451"...

04.08.2012, 02:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

read what I have of the "Ultra Cute" series, more on the way... I am enjoying this one...

Now reading "Pita-Ten", it's alright, but I will be donating the vols that i have to the library when I'm through...

05.07.2012, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started reading a new 2012 shoujo... I SHOULDN'T HAVE.

Now I'm addicted and want to cry and the possibilities that may happen. :'(

It's about a girl who gets a letter from her future self. Her future self warns her about her many regrets and indicates a new transfer student who she would fall in love with. She tells her he will die soon in an accident and to do anything to protect him and never let him feel sad.

Anyone who has begun to read this series feels the same way. It makes me teary because the way the author has displayed her future self, she is happy and may possibly be married with a child. Yet she wants to save her high school love and it might only be resolved if she dies instead in his place, erasing the future..

Dunno if I'll sleep. It's like when I was reading Nabari. Haven't felt so captivated by a series in a long while besides Dengeki Daisy.. This just makes me cry. At least I'll have a manga to read online while away at school. But chapter waits are going to kill me..

05.07.2012, 10:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

reading my "Chobits" series again... so many differences from the anime...

06.23.2012, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Tokyopop's "Wish"

06.28.2012, 02:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nana_
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nana_ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yesterday I read Mirai Nikki last manga, Mosaic and Paradox.
And because I was bored, I read 3 one shot: Flying Witch, Unidentified Cycling Object and White Clouds :3

06.29.2012, 02:11 PM Nana_ is offline   Profile for Nana_ Add Nana_ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Starting the four "Miki Falls" books today...

finished them tonight...

Now starting "Love Hina" series...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.02.2012, 03:52 AM.

06.29.2012, 05:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently reading the Death Note series
I'm on volume 5

07.07.2012, 10:15 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To aru Majutsu no Index, and To aru Kagaku no Railgun.

They're kinda like CLAMP's xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles; two stories running at the same time in the same universe, occasional intertwining. Unfortunately, in at least one of the plots, the story told from one side kinda messed up the story in the other. Pretty good so far though.

Too bad I can't say the same for the anime.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.07.2012, 10:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading Aoi Hana after Saddles mentioned it. I don't really read Yuri as a rule, it's just not my thing and I think often it ends up becoming a little fanservice-y and yeah. But the plot to this is pretty sweet and the general feel is quite innocent, though yaknow it's not entirely innocent.

One thing that interested me though and I was wondering about is how frequent these kind of girl-girl relationships are in all girls schools? This isn't the first time I've read a manga based in an all girls school where girls confessed to other girls, or a popular girl had quite a big female fan base and things. I was just wondering if anybody knows if that is actually a frequent thing in Japan? I mean I went to an all girls school for the past 7 years and I think I only heard of possibly one or two lesbians, and even then I think it was mostly for show opposed to a serious relationship.

07.18.2012, 12:09 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm still working my way thru 'Love hina'... vol 5 now...

07.19.2012, 12:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks