QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - New short movie in Ghibli museum
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions New short movie in Ghibli museum Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  New short movie in Ghibli museumPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

original link in japanese
http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/welcome/w_tanpen.html

on January 3, 2006
New short animation starts by "Saturn seat", Ghibli Museum. One of three is seen.

"Yadosagashi" (Searching House)
about 12 minutes,
original, scenario and directed by Miyazaki Hayao.

Fuki of an energetic girl goes out to travel for searching a new house. She packed all necessary thing in the big rucksack, and, now, leave. Fuki will come through the strange one met one after another.
There is little words, and all the sounds (music, effect and words) are expressed only in actor's voice. Moreover, it is an unusual work that appears the character that shows movement and the appearance and the sound was along screen the scene.

"Hoshi wo katta Hi" (The day when star was harvested)
about 16 minutes,
scenario and directed by Miyazaki Hayao.
original from Inoue Naohisa "Ibarard".
original of Inoue Naohisa author of wall painting "Vertical updraft" of central hall of Museum.

Mysterious story of world Ibarard of imagination.
The Nona boy was walking alone in none of deserts that were before one is aware. Nona then meets female Nenya, and, begins to live in the hut in her farm. Such a day, Nona obtained seed of star that exchange with the vegetable, and she will grow it.

"Mizugumo MonMon" (Waterspider MonMon)
time undecided.
original, scenario and directed by Miyazaki Hayao.

Oneday, Mizugumo MonMon meets the young lady of the water strider freely slided in the surface of the water.
How lovely and slender she is, he was enchanted by her. Does his fancy reach in her?

11.16.2005, 11:22 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nanashi, thanks for all the info again! Would love to see these short films...

11.16.2005, 02:01 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Nanashi again for the news!

Here is the sketch Inoue drawn for Miyazaki for the production of Hoshi. I have also seen the a page of the storyboards posted on the web some time ago but lost the link. If I ever see it again I will post it here.

http://megezo.ddo.jp/inoue/images/hosiK04.jpg

The webpage below shows some of Inoue's drawings for Whisper.

http://iblard.com/ghibli/ghibli2.html

Btw the Monmon spider somehow reminds me of the Boro boro bug. I wonder if these are seperated projects, or the bug has already evolved to survive under the water with eight legs?

11.27.2005, 06:48 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

these are new 3 pictures from Ghibli Museum short films. (from tv show)

やどさがし Yadosagashi (House Hunting)
ぬめめめエェ . . . Nu Me Me Me E e . . .

Original,Script,Director : 宮崎 駿 Miyazaki Hayao
Voice and Sound : タモリ Tamori, 矢野 顕子 Yano Akiko

水グモもんもん Mizugumo MonMon (MonMon the Water Spider)
young lady of the water strider

Original,Script,Director : 宮崎 駿 Miyazaki Hayao
Voice : 矢野 顕子 Yano Akiko

星をかった日 Hoshi wo Katta Hi (The Day I Harvested a Star)
Nona and mysterious pair

Original : 井上 直久 Inoue Naohisa
Script,Director : 宮崎 駿 Miyazaki Hayao
Voice : 神木 隆之介 Kamiki Ryuunosuke, 鈴木 京香 Suzuki Kyouka

Post last edited by nanashi on 01.08.2006, 02:13 PM.

01.08.2006, 10:57 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, amazing!

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

01.08.2006, 11:17 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow Nanashi these screenshots are great ! I wonder if they are TV caps of the commercials?

A pity that I won't be able to pay a visit to the museum in the near future. The use of relatively simple colour palettes in thicker lines in "House Hunting" reminds me of the whale-huntting short movie. As for Monmon, The big red ribbon of the spider lady is kinda remiscent of the one of Kiki. And does anyone think Nona resembles Howl?

And by the way would you mind if I add these pictures and the info you provided into the news section of the main site? I am sure many will find them interesting.

01.09.2006, 09:41 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

please use it.  i hope so too.
this is not TV-CM, it was introduced in the information program.

Post last edited by nanashi on 01.10.2006, 02:34 AM.

01.10.2006, 12:20 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
please use it.  i hope so too.
this is not TV-CM, it was introduced in the information program.

Thank you. I have posted them along with the link of your Miyazaki interview translation.

Do you have any plans of seeing the new shorts?

01.11.2006, 01:13 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great caps Jiji, Ghibli world has also posted some nice screenshots from various Ghibli Museum shorts -

http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Its so depressing that I'll probably never see these. People living near the Museum are so lucky.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

01.22.2006, 12:46 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Got something very, very nice. I'm going to have a personal interview with Studio Ghibli director Isao Takahata (Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko, etc.)!

It's going held at the Anima 2006 in Brussels early March and I'll also be present at one of his lectures about anime over there. More info about this soon on my website, but I was wondering if you guys at the Nausicaa list could come up with some nice questions. Perhaps you've always wanted to ask Takahata-san something or just want to help me with some good questions (which would be very much appreciated!), then please reply!

Some other good news is that today I received two big boxes and one medium box with a lot of goodies from the Ghibli Museum. So why is this good news for you as well? Well, because I've received some books, soundtracks, et cetera of the new Ghibli shorts "House-hunting", "Mon-mon the water spider" and "The Day I Harvested a Star" that started screening last January. I'll be posting a nice special with a lot of pics soon, but in the mean time I can give you a tiny sneek peek of what's to come. Check www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Best regards,
Peter

02.02.2006, 05:44 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Azhur
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I envy you.

02.03.2006, 01:29 PM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

I can understand, I'm also very happy with it.

02.03.2006, 03:18 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

I'd like to have your opinion concerning the new Ghibli Museum Shorts and some possible copyright issues. As you might have seen on my site (if you read the latest update at www.ghibliworld.com/news.html) I 've received a lot of stuff from the Ghibli Museum. Some of these items are the soundtracks of the new Ghibli Museum shorts. Now here's the deal...

The soundtrack of the new short "Hoshi Wo Kattahi, a.k.a. "The Day I Harvested a Star" (see image over here http://www.ghibliworld.com/images/ghiblimuseumgoods3a.jpg) is just simply beautiful!!!

So beautiful that I'd like you to hear it as well, but the major problem is you can only see the film at the Ghibli Museum and also only buy the soundtrack at the museum as well. So if you’d like to hear the soundtrack you’d have to go there. Unfortunately, this is not possible for everybody, so I'd like to upload one song (or a part of it) on my website so that other Ghibli fans can hear it as well (especially the ones that don't have the money to visit the museum in Japan). Strictly taken there would be a problem with copyright issues and I absolutely hate illegal distribution of Ghibli stuff and bootlegging (please support Ghibli and buy legit stuff), but as it's so beautiful I'd like you to hear it. Please let me know perhaps if you think the copyright holders (Ghibli, etc.) think it’s a problem if I would put in olnine and...
- I'd clearly mention it's copyright holders
- only upload one song or a part of one song
- request everybody who downloads it to use it for their personal use only and not put online anywhere else or distribute it in any other ways
- mention that if the copyright holder wants it to be removed, it will be removed immediately
- put it online for a limited time
- mention that it is put online only to stimulate the promotion of Studio Ghibli
- etc.

Let me know what your opinion concerning this issue would be.

Post last edited by wushu-4-ever on 02.03.2006, 03:23 PM.

02.03.2006, 03:21 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks