QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Jazz
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Jazz » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Ghibli JazzPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey!! Haven't been here in forever, but I actually found something cool so I though why not share it.
I found a bunch of jazzy covers of Ghibli/Joe Hisaishi on youtube. Here's a link to a cover of a spirited away song... I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUVnAKThTis
There are more.
I thought it was pretty cool. Might not be your cup of tea, if you don't like jazz or something, but, hey, I thought I'd post this.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 03.27.2012, 08:29 AM.

03.27.2012, 08:29 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

Nuff said! LOL

03.30.2012, 08:42 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i don't like it :/

The one from the end of Howls is good though

03.30.2012, 11:31 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tea Master Tall, you have tea in your user name, tea in your signature, and you even said in your post "Might not be your cup of tea."

You really have a thing for tea, don't you?

Actually on topic: I kind of like it. Not a huge fan of jazz, but I can appreciate good music, and this is really good.

04.11.2012, 10:26 PM  
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, I didn't even notice that. Yeah, tea is yummy.

Check out my music:

05.23.2012, 11:16 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here is a mashup of ghibli songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLiEu7275E

05.24.2012, 09:47 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for that Calforsale, it is really cleverly done and very enjoyable, I quite like it.

05.28.2012, 03:24 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's quality Calforsale

05.29.2012, 09:24 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Psychedelic.Ink
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Psychedelic.Ink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think this is the best one out of the bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azb28hq75Jc&fmt=18

I also like the nausicaa from the same album, but I think that's just me.

06.01.2012, 11:21 AM Psychedelic.Ink is offline   Profile for Psychedelic.Ink Add Psychedelic.Ink to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, this The Best of Jazzin' for Ghilbli stuff is sick.

I just want to use this thread for Ghibli Covers now, but I don't know how to change the name of the thread, so... yeah.

Anyway, here is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og21GsZDoak&feature=plcp

I recognize the song at the very beginning, but I can't remember what it's from!! It's driving me crazy!

Check out my music:

08.09.2012, 12:31 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Wikidkid101
Totoro

I think the one in the beginning might be a song from Ponyo, not sure though, but it sounds like One of the songs from the film!!

08.09.2012, 07:58 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks