QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Borrower Arrietty
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Borrower Arrietty » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In theory, no. But I'm sure they can be mistaken. However, that certainly makes a Porco Rosso sequel seem like a distinct possibility.

11.29.2010, 05:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

seems to be a very STRONG possibility!!!!

Maybe then a sequel to WotH???

11.29.2010, 06:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
LupinIV
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.29.10
  Miyazaki's way of thinkingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LupinIV Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone who has read Miyazaki's anthology "Starting Point"
(sold by amazon.com) knows that he never leaves any door shut. He says he likes having every single possibility available. So I guess he might have talked about a Porco Rosso sequel in a jocose way. Although I'd love to see one. Just don't attain to that possibility in order not to be saddened if it doesn't happen. Anyway, I hate waiting to watch a movie. Ponyo was released in 2008, but it has only"arrived" here in Brazil this year. I call this "disrespect with the consumer/viewer". It's a pity that Studio Ghibli almost ignores its foreign fans. Why doesn't anyone search a torrent or something like that? XD

11.29.2010, 08:26 PM LupinIV is offline   Profile for LupinIV Add LupinIV to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by om:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714067/

imdb doesn't lie... does it?

I've introduced a few movie titles to IMDB myself. While it's possible to sneak one in, there are verification procedures. Usually, you must provide an official authoritative link. Hence, my guess is that it is a legitimate project.

12.11.2010, 03:12 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to hear, dballred, good to hear...

12.11.2010, 09:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tiki
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.27.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i came across this http://www.amazon.fr/Arrietty-petit-mond...3494&sr=8-2 must be released soon I hope so!

01.09.2011, 04:05 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone know about Australia yet? Madman just says they will release it to cinemas in 2011 here.

01.16.2011, 01:38 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have many people seen it yet?

I was so glad when i found out that its going to be in the UK soon, because as there is now an English recording it should hopefully come out in Australia this year.

It's probably online somewhere with english subs... but i'd like to see a ghibli movie at the cinema....

07.29.2011, 11:20 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I actually just mentioned in another thread that a cinema I'm a member of is showing Arrietty next week, so I'll probably see it very soon.

07.30.2011, 03:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I just imported the Japanese blu-ray. In my humble opinion, I think it's Studio Ghibli's best film since Spirited Away. I didn't really like Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo, but this film simply amazed me.

The artwork is gorgeous!

As for the soundtrack, I was initially bummed that Joe Hisaishi wasn't scoring it, but I've changed my mind! The score fit the film perfectly and is good enough to listen to on its own.

07.30.2011, 07:04 PM  
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw it. For me, not bad, nor good. Not as weak as "Gedo Senki" or "The cat returns", but weaker than all other Ghibli's movies. Nice backgrounds and nothing much more. The main problem for me it's not the story but the characters; except perhaps for Arrietty, they are all flat (some on the wooden, 'correct', boring way -the boy, Arrietty's father, the aunt; and some in the caricatusque, "comic", exagerated way: Arrietty's mother, the maid, Spiller). The boy, specially, with his permanent faint smile might be the most annoying character in Ghibli's history. None of them is credible or interesting, neither the atmosphere.

07.31.2011, 07:46 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Flatwheels
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Flatwheels Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw it cinema here when it was released and it was great...just great. Like mentioned before the artwork is simply amazing, You just don`t want it to end and it does best when watch it in a movietheather.

08.01.2011, 07:07 PM Flatwheels is offline   Profile for Flatwheels Add Flatwheels to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Everyone please be careful of spoilers! I'm gonna avoid watching it til it's in American cinemas (gotta wait for February, about half a year...GRRR)

08.02.2011, 12:06 AM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yaayy, Arriety comes to Finland in october

08.03.2011, 09:15 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

I saw the american trailer. I thought it was really good. I was glad to be able to understand what they were saying!

It says its comming in February for American..... but the Madman website says it will be in Australia in January. I wonder if it will be delayed to February though. I'd be suprised if we got the American version, before America.

I still feel dissapointed in how slow it is taking to come to our cinemas. When i was in Korea a couple weeks ago i saw the trailers of From up on Poppy Hill! I was tempted to go see it but i don't know much Korean!

I really want to see a Ghibli at the cinemas though. Did anyone here just watch it online?

Post last edited by Calforsale on 10.30.2011, 03:03 AM.

10.30.2011, 03:03 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've seen a couple in the theater, but most of them on DVD.

10.30.2011, 11:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks