QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Like The Wind Like the Clouds
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Like The Wind Like the Clouds » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.27.08
  Like The Wind Like the Clouds Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have bought this dvd but not seen before. As anyone - any good?

02.01.2008, 03:18 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen it either, but I'd love to. You'll have to tell US how it is.

02.01.2008, 05:15 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
tiki
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will do. I've seen clips and seems okay. I'll keep ya posted. :-D

02.01.2008, 06:57 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recognise he title but I can't where from. Please get back to us what it's like.

02.03.2008, 06:30 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It has the Roarkiller stamp of approval, so yes, it's good

The artword is extremely similar to ghibli's because one of the artist worked with ghibli before. Storywise, it's a decent enough movie.

Summary: Ginga (or whatever her name was) is your average village girl in fictional China (or somewhere similar). One day, the king died, and sometime later, an announcement was put out that the palace were looking for girls for the heir's marriage. Ginga immediately took up for the offer, for a chance to study, an easy life, and as she herself put it:

"After noon naps and three meals a day!"

Simple-minded exemplified

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.03.2008, 07:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked it. It doesn't reach the magic of Ghibli (though I'd rank it higher than "Gedo Senki" and "The cat returns"... but I consider those two unworthy of Ghibli), a little conventional (story, characters, manierisms), fairly nice drawings, though the backgrounds are not memorable. But I liked it. The last minutes, in particular, with a slightly more adult-serious tone, seemed very well done to me, honest and moving in its modest way.

02.03.2008, 05:14 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
tiki
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats good. I'm looking forward to receiving it now.

02.04.2008, 02:13 PM tiki is offline   Profile for tiki Add tiki to your buddy list Homepage of tiki
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it looks like nausicaa

03.19.2008, 09:16 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello.. My second post, hahaha, and I'm off to a good a start.

I recently viewed the DVD "Like the Clouds and the Wind" and I have to agree with 'Leonbloy' in his assessment of the story and artwork. I do not believe that the story is one of the better Ghibli films, although even the least is good in my humble opinion.

03.23.2008, 12:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks