QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - howls moving castle
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » howls moving castle » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
rowie13
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.16.07
howls moving castlePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rowie13 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

does anyone like

Post last edited by rowie13 on 07.16.2007, 03:21 AM.

07.16.2007, 03:21 AM rowie13 is offline   Profile for rowie13 Add rowie13 to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To be honest, its one of my favourites. I love the way they set up the characters and the constant romance between sophie and howl despite the curses! hehe plus, the way she turns young again at moments when she's deeply happy is so romantic as its almost always around howl

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.16.2007, 05:00 AM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
atomic_chicken5
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.17.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by atomic_chicken5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Totally different feel from older Miyazaki films. Victorian. One of the best, and definitely one of the most visually stunning.

07.17.2007, 12:27 PM atomic_chicken5 is offline   Profile for atomic_chicken5 Add atomic_chicken5 to your buddy list
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just love it, but i don't think I've seen the ending bummer

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

07.17.2007, 03:12 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
atomic_chicken5
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.17.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by atomic_chicken5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I take back what I said earlier about the totally different feel. I was wrong. When you think about it, all of Miyazaki's work has a distinct feel, which is very much present in HMC

07.17.2007, 04:37 PM atomic_chicken5 is offline   Profile for atomic_chicken5 Add atomic_chicken5 to your buddy list
jim222
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jim222 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Amazing movie! This is what really got me into ghibli. I watched it for the reason I loved spirited away. After this I was hooked on Ghibli

Post last edited by jim222 on 08.08.2007, 08:39 PM.

07.25.2007, 11:02 AM jim222 is offline   Profile for jim222 Add jim222 to your buddy list
kyektulu
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kyektulu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to admit to not yet watching all of the Ghibli films, but this one is my favorite so far, entertaining all of the way through and good charecters.

Think my fave charecter has to be Calcifer, I wanted to use it for my avatar, but it seems someone has gotten there first! lol

07.30.2007, 05:45 PM kyektulu is offline   Profile for kyektulu Add kyektulu to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you can have multitple calcifer avays, make sure you get a good pick.

so welcome to our little fourm. we are all kinda big fish in a small pond, hope you can join the clique. make sure to stick around.

anyways, i did like howls, i might have liked it better if i didnt see Mononoke, Spirited, and Whisper before it, but it was solid all the way through.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.30.2007, 05:48 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
filter
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is my favourite movie of all time. i would much rather the movie than the novel. its because i love visual text then reading and i have met master Hayao Miyazaki on an odd approach lol.

07.30.2007, 08:33 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what really you met miyazaki????
when ?how?

07.30.2007, 08:34 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when i took a visit to japan, at the Ghibli museum Miyazaki made a rare approach lol not for long obviously

07.30.2007, 08:40 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what!!! so did you meet him in person?

07.30.2007, 08:41 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

well no but a group of japanese that i was on the tour with took a bow and that was the most amazing feeling actually bowing to Miyazaki

07.30.2007, 08:43 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

awesome how long ago was that

07.30.2007, 08:44 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

in 2003 yes.

07.30.2007, 08:45 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

that would have been awesome!!!

07.30.2007, 08:48 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

yes one of the greatest highlight in my life

07.30.2007, 08:48 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Alighieri
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Alighieri Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl's Moving Castel is one of my favorite movies. Did you know it was based off a book by a british author named Diana Wanye Jones? It's really different from the movie but not bad. Has anyone read it?

07.30.2007, 09:06 PM Alighieri is offline   Profile for Alighieri Add Alighieri to your buddy list
filter
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Alighieri
Howl's Moving Castel is one of my favorite movies. Did you know it was based off a book by a british author named Diana Wanye Jones? It's really different from the movie but not bad. Has anyone read it?

i just said there was a novel ok look up the screen lol i think everyone knows that and it's Howl's Moving Castle

07.30.2007, 09:07 PM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's probably my least favorite. Too disjointed, and the plot didn't really make any sense. Still definitely worth watching, but not up to par with his best movies.

07.30.2007, 10:01 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks