QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - favourite ghilbi hero/heroine?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » favourite ghilbi hero/heroine? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  favourite ghilbi hero/heroine? Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

post your favourite ghilbi hero/heroine thx

my fav is Chihiro because she is just like me!!! (except im a boy [not a poof] lol)

04.11.2007, 06:01 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my hero would have to be seita from gotf as he is so courageous and has to incredably strong to do what he did

04.11.2007, 11:36 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
BehindTheMask
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Search for Posts by BehindTheMask Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite heroine would be either San from Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Their characters remain strong throughout the entire movie, and they don't betray their morals. They are fairly admirable.

And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

- Frankenstein

04.11.2007, 03:04 PM BehindTheMask is offline   Profile for BehindTheMask Add BehindTheMask to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite heroine is Sen from Spirited Away. I love how she's so timid and scared at first, but then becomes strong in order to save her parents.

My favorite hero is Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke, which isn't even one of my favorite Ghibli movies strangely enough. I just love him. He's one of the few guys in a Ghibli movie that stays nice/good the whole time.

And he's cute!

04.11.2007, 04:42 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite heroine is Shizuku because she's a writer like me, and because she's such a head-case. And a complex character.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

04.12.2007, 12:01 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hero/male lead: Ashitaka
heroine/female lead: Shizuku

04.13.2007, 07:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco and Shizuku.

04.13.2007, 01:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Tsuko
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.07
  Search for Posts by Tsuko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shizuku would be my favourite, because she's just a simple person, and she's trying to change herself into something better. She didn't give up and in the end succeeded.

--------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

04.30.2007, 10:51 AM Tsuko is offline   Profile for Tsuko Add Tsuko to your buddy list Send an Email to Tsuko
rokojin
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.30.07
  Search for Posts by rokojin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine would have to be howl, i like how he is so confusing and it seemed cool how he was calm on almost every issue ( well not the hair)

05.30.2007, 11:09 AM rokojin is offline   Profile for rokojin Add rokojin to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Nice to have you around, welcome to the forum.

Shizuku and Seiji.
Seiji is pretty cool. Funny guy.

05.30.2007, 11:15 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haku will always be my favorite hero because Spirited Away was the first anime I ever saw, but I really like Seiji too because he plays the violin.

My favorite heroine is Shizuku because she remindes me of stories I've been told about my mother when she was younger.

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

05.31.2007, 06:47 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lord Yupa (from Nausicaa). He was rarely featured in the movie, but his character is much more developed in the manga.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

05.31.2007, 08:34 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's probably because almost no-one here has read the manga. People tend to think of movies when they think of Ghibli, and not Miyazaki's graphic novels.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.01.2007, 04:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
That's probably because almost no-one here has read the manga. People tend to think of movies when they think of Ghibli, and not Miyazaki's graphic novels.

Oh yeah, I guess you're right...and that is technically right. Although if we consider what a dominant figure Miyazaki is at Ghibli HQ, it would be difficult not to consider the Nausicaa Manga as part of the company since it demonstrates his unrestricted creativity (not limited to 2h of film).

Moreover, it truly reflects the foundation of Studio Ghibli. According to the "Birth of Ghibli" documentary (R1 Nausicaa DVD), Miyazaki was initially refused funding because animation at that time was generally based on manga-to-film transitions. Thus the manga was formed, providing Miyazaki with an essential fan base, association with Toshio Suzuki (who worked for Animage magazine) and of course the green light to go ahead with the Nausicaa movie.

Therefore in almost every respect it was the Nausicaa manga that paved the way to the formation of Studio Ghibli, rather than the movie itself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

Post last edited by E_Hakki on 06.04.2007, 09:10 AM.

06.03.2007, 09:59 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite heroine has to be Taeko as an adult because she is completely believable and has downsides to her personality like anyone else. The fact that she doubts herself in the countryside, at the end of the film, shows that Takahata has a great understanding of human emotions. She isnt perfect as we see during her childhood but its her growth as a woman that I admire.

She's great!

06.05.2007, 04:03 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
Paladin
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.08.07
  Search for Posts by Paladin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My Favorite Heroines are Princesses San And Nausica. Since they have such strong unwavering personalities... They risked their lives fighting for what they believed in.

My favorite heroes are Prince Ashitaka the Baron.
Ashitaka for his willingness to go up against all sides of a massive conflict in an attempt to quell the rage they felt to one another. And the Baron because hes just so darn cool. ^_^

If i were to pick characters more like myself though I would choose either Seita or Toshio.

I could really relate to Seita's conflict with his aunt as I went through much the same thing with my own stepmother... though I think he should have attempted to endure her much more than he did... that in a sense I felt revealed his greatest strengths weaknesses. Weakness in that he couldnt put up with that woman for the sake of his sister, and strength in that he was willing to brave the unknown to find a place were he and his sister could have peace of mind in a time of madness at so young an age... I dont think I would have had the courage to try something so risky.

Though my experiences allow me to sympathise with the Aunt as well... up to a point at least.

With Toshio what made me choose him was Taeko's line on how he always seemed to be able to organize her problems and how he seemed older than her. Ive sort have become the same way for a woman I know who was forced to endure a bad string of relationships being the one to build her back up when she was pretty broken up. :p

~A Humble dreamer of Enigami~

07.09.2007, 10:56 AM Paladin is offline   Profile for Paladin Add Paladin to your buddy list Homepage of Paladin
aDeL
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.23.07
  Search for Posts by aDeL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

howler jenkins "howl"

07.23.2007, 08:03 AM aDeL is offline   Profile for aDeL Add aDeL to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmm ok my fav hero would be hakuor of mei and satskis farther in totoro
my favurite heroine would be san or sen

07.25.2007, 10:15 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm starting to like Arren from GS, simply because he is the most realistic hero we have; no powers, no overly noble spirit, showing weakness everywhere, yet still manages to be strong.

Chihiro IMO wins hands down for best heroine for the same reason, despite not being my #1 fav (anyone can guess who that is).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.25.2007, 11:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, Roar, no idea at all. Can't think of anyone in the movies you like... Not even any really cool bookish hard working struggling-to-improve-themselves 14 year old schoolgirls in love...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.26.2007, 09:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks