QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ilovetotoro.com Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sure ok, I'll have another go...

"The time has come for you to bear witness to a sacred test of love."

I've never considered a Ghibli tattoo but now I might just have to ponder on it

05.14.2013, 02:16 PM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I've got four immediate possibilities offhand. Gonna take awhile, lol

You would not believe how many comments I've gotten from people who've seen them and ask or exclaim "I Know That ONE!!!" or something along those lines.

Went to the ER at a hospital once. The nursing registrar knew them, the guy attaching the EKG tabs knew them, the older lady readiing the EKG knew them and was talking about them and then the Doctor said, Oh yeah, I remember them" Sheesh!

In a hardware store, one of the tellers knew them. A grocery store, same thing. Working security, I've lost count on how many people have mentioned them. Just a couple of days ago, no, it was yesterday at a Japanese restaurant (yay, sashimi), someone else noted them... It is amazing...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.14.2013, 03:46 PM.

05.14.2013, 03:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ponyo?
I gave myself a henna tattoo of totoro a few months ago. A couple of my asian friends loved it.

05.14.2013, 05:30 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Surprisingly, most of the people that have commented on it are not Asian. This goes from about 13 yrs old and up, mostly in the Late teens, early twenties with a few older...

Oh yeah, a son of a friend of mine is 10 and he now wants a tat of Totoro, lol he was miffed that he was too young... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.14.2013, 06:55 PM.

05.14.2013, 06:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ilovetotoro.com Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah. It's Ponyo

It's odd how many people recognise Ghibli characters when presented with a visual prompt or reminder. The usual response is 'I love that movie/character soooo much' but I bet the same people don't own the movies or show support and interest for the studio on the Net or through social media.

Have you noticed how the number of likers on FB and followers on Twitter for Ghibli pages are proportionally low to the amount of people who 'love' the characters/movies?

05.15.2013, 04:24 AM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ilovetotoro.com
Yeah. It's Ponyo

It's odd how many people recognise Ghibli characters when presented with a visual prompt or reminder. The usual response is 'I love that movie/character soooo much' but I bet the same people don't own the movies or show support and interest for the studio on the Net or through social media.

Have you noticed how the number of likers on FB and followers on Twitter for Ghibli pages are proportionally low to the amount of people who 'love' the characters/movies?

I must say you are very detective like to find this fact out.
And this IS the actual reason why i came in the tavern in the first place.

I find two reasons for ghibli lovers not expressing their love either very busy or lazy.

Now even Neon genesis Evangelion fans(particularly this) and other bleach naruto Gits fans etc etc and other anime lovers has huge presence on internet.

But it is a matter of regret that Studio Ghibli which has almost every major movie it released in the list of top 250 greatest movies of all time in the IMDb. Has no or very small presence.

I emailed several times in the Nausicaa.net to allow me to make an account. But they dont even reply.
The second largest site onlineghibli(this site) although has a alot of talented users but is very quiet due to the increasing outside activity of its users. When i came i still found about 20-30 active users now there is even less. Even i can not post due to various reason.

I feel very bad for this cause many other movies that is not nearly any good gets attention easily. While ghibli does not.

I think it is fate. And partially fault of the Studio which does not contact with fans.

quote:
Sorry for the offtopic things.I was just angry to ourselves.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.15.2013, 05:12 AM.

05.15.2013, 05:11 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

Thank you for the compliment but I'm definitely not a detective. I am, however, a business man by day and Studio Ghibli advocate by night.

The lack of presence is what led me to launch my Facebook page and website as I want to help drive interest and market Studio Ghibli all over the UK and Europe as that's where the audience is weak (in my opinion).

If you have any ideas, suggestions or want to help me please do get in touch as the more people involved the better right? It does seem the people with the power to mass-market and raise awareness either don't care, don't want to spend money or don't want to offer support to the 'smaller' fan pages/sites (the ones who funnily enough care and are trying hard whilst keeping a day job).

quote:
I also have to apologise for going off-topic but I too feel strongly about this and couldn't help but share my own opinion

05.15.2013, 06:19 AM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
husky51
The Old Guy

San Toelle...

It is your turn...

05.19.2013, 08:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whupps, sorry...
"Life is suffering."

For future reference, guys, if it's my turn and I take too long, my turn is up for grabs.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 05.20.2013, 07:27 AM.

05.20.2013, 07:26 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed. But still you find reasons to keep living

- Lady Eboshi
Princess Mononoke

05.21.2013, 03:21 AM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
Ohmu

Yes. Your turn.

05.21.2013, 09:17 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

A ha. Very well...

"wa- wasn't that umbrella he took with him Daddy's?"

05.21.2013, 10:28 AM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is that Mei in Totoro? I'm not sure about the scene... Could it be this one:

Post last edited by arren18 on 05.21.2013, 10:37 AM.

05.21.2013, 10:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Is that Mei in Totoro? I'm not sure about the scene... Could it be this one:

Man that was never in the movie.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

05.21.2013, 11:39 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

It was Mei in Totoro. Too easy?

05.21.2013, 11:59 AM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by ilovetotoro.com
It was Mei in Totoro. Too easy?

But i think it was satsuki who said that. Only if i am not very very wrong.

05.21.2013, 02:21 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
ilovetotoro.com
Kodama

Indeed you are right

I need to have a better attention to details lol

05.21.2013, 05:40 PM ilovetotoro.com is offline   Profile for ilovetotoro.com Add ilovetotoro.com to your buddy list Homepage of ilovetotoro.com
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must admit, I was guessing a little. Well done saviour, you remembered better than I did!

05.21.2013, 06:04 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

So is it savior's turn? or arren's?

05.26.2013, 04:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

I'm pretty sure it's saviour's....

05.26.2013, 08:34 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
[  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks