QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli character(s)?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli character(s)? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Alighieri
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Alighieri Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Pazu (I think that's how you spell it).

11.11.2007, 09:23 PM Alighieri is offline   Profile for Alighieri Add Alighieri to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Apparently it is

11.12.2007, 02:03 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Chihiro!

I luv the susuwatari^^

11.12.2007, 02:30 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
Apparently it is

lol

btw; great choice Cloud,........she's the best!

11.12.2007, 05:30 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoa, that last post sounded almost directly lifted from this unrelated video: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/169933

11.12.2007, 05:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Chowllama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.06.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chowllama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh the Papa Panda is so nice!!

12.14.2007, 01:57 AM Chowllama is offline   Profile for Chowllama Add Chowllama to your buddy list
mohaas05
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mohaas05 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lets see:

Totoro - because hes just a big loveable guy

Mei - Cute yet determined and brave

Chihiro - Although seemingly frail she has a lot of courage and determination

Lin - Witty and helpful

Baron - Brave and helpful yet classy

Muta - For putting "Fatso" back in style

12.20.2007, 12:00 AM mohaas05 is offline   Profile for mohaas05 Add mohaas05 to your buddy list
watkoghibli
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by watkoghibli Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have several favourite characters. I liked Noburu from My Neighbours The Yamadas. He had to struggle with a hard family and was pretty rejected. Shige was also pretty comical. From My Neighbour Totoro, I like Totoro, he's just so cool! You have to love him, and his Catbus!
From Howl's Moving Castle, I found Calcifer to be an entertaining character Turnip Head was also pretty cool. From spirited away I liked Chihiro, I don't tend to go for the main character I just liked her
I'll report back when I've watched more!

12.30.2007, 11:26 AM watkoghibli is offline   Profile for watkoghibli Add watkoghibli to your buddy list
Baron Humbert von Gikkingen
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.30.07
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Baron Humbert von Gikkingen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey i just signed up to this thought id check out some of the forums. There are lots of characters that i like but my faves are mostly from Spirited Away

12.30.2007, 06:02 PM Baron Humbert von Gikkingen is offline   Profile for Baron Humbert von Gikkingen Add Baron Humbert von Gikkingen to your buddy list
Olenka
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.07.08
  I totally love ArrenPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Olenka Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He looks like my friend he even behaves like him!

01.08.2008, 04:02 PM Olenka is offline   Profile for Olenka Add Olenka to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, arren is cool.
my fave to date is the boy from laputa. i forget his name but.
pazu or something.
i think hes funny.
oh, and asbel from nausicaa!

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

Post last edited by harmony-of-mar on 01.08.2008, 08:40 PM.

01.08.2008, 08:39 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
illbeyourether
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by illbeyourether Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl because he can take me walking in the air...

*faints*

01.09.2008, 04:41 AM illbeyourether is offline   Profile for illbeyourether Add illbeyourether to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fio is my new role model

Post last edited by Mush on 01.14.2008, 01:45 AM.

01.14.2008, 01:45 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, this really is quite a hard one. I really like the wolves from Mononoke-hime, I'm not sure what it is about them either.

01.14.2008, 09:55 AM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lately ive found toki and kuroku from mononoke to be pretty amusing.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

01.14.2008, 06:56 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
grandma_duckie
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.07.08
  fav characterPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by grandma_duckie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think my three fav characters have to be howl as he's just got that dark and brooding man of mystery air to him, the hamster in spirited away (was the baby) as its just so fuuny when on the spinning wheel, and i think saytar from grave of the fireflies cause youre heart just breaks for him.

02.07.2008, 11:10 PM grandma_duckie is offline   Profile for grandma_duckie Add grandma_duckie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So far I have Totoro's face and smile tattoo'd on my left forearm and a kodama on the right forearm. (I like the little head-rattling critters, lol... reminds me of myself)

Thinking next of maybe haku's dragon wrapped around just above the wrist...

Do I like Ghibli? Yeah, I think so... I get a kick out of being in a public place and someone recognizes the characters on my arms. We have a discount shopping mall near my home in So. Calif. which caters to a lot of foriegn tourists including a lot of Japanese and have even gotten some comments from them, which is cool.

Am I a big kid? kinda sorta, maybe. 62 and so what! I like Ghibli, Pixar films more than most of the so called movie entertainment that is currently on the market. I just saw "The Bee Movie" and enjoyed it very much, thank you...

hahaha, even as I am writing this I am listening to Rikako talking to Taku in the hotel room where she is growing up some... in Japanese of course, lol...

03.23.2008, 03:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ethanimlynn
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.18.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ethanimlynn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only three:

Howl, definitely, and Haku. oh, and Baron.

I wanted to start this thread but someone got ahead of me... hmm. I'll start another one.

04.06.2008, 12:47 AM ethanimlynn is offline   Profile for ethanimlynn Add ethanimlynn to your buddy list Send an Email to ethanimlynn
tngjstn
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.02.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tngjstn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite Ghibli male character is Fujimoto from Ponyo.
My favorite Ghibli female character is Lisa, also from Ponyo.
My favorite Ghibli animal characters are Ponyo's sisters from Ponyo.
And my favorite Ghibli child character is Ponyo as a human.

Post last edited by tngjstn on 01.02.2011, 07:08 PM.

01.02.2011, 07:07 PM tngjstn is offline   Profile for tngjstn Add tngjstn to your buddy list Send an Email to tngjstn
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Nice idea for a threadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice idea for a thread its a pity it died down.
My favorite characters are:
1.Shizuku cause i can relate to her.
2.Nausicaa
3.San again another character i can relate to.
4.kiki shes quite old fashion which i dunno why but sort of appeals to me.
5.fio
6.gonza

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 01.21.2011, 11:58 AM.

01.19.2011, 02:32 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks