QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Where Are Our Users From?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Where Are Our Users From? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
MiyazakiGirl
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.15
  Where Are Our Users From?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MiyazakiGirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, I've just got some inspiration from looking a my brothers fav forum... someone had starts a thread asking where our users are from. Also where have you been, or want to go....

I'm from Tasmania, Australia.. Tassie is a small island state underneath Australia. It has magnificent forest scenery and lovely gourmet food such as wine, specialty cheeses and lovely fruit... It is a bit chilly though! I would love to travel to Asia and Europe. I have already been to The Netherlands in Europe.

I'm interested to know where all you Ghibli fans are from!
Origatooooo

Post last edited by MiyazakiGirl on 01.18.2015, 01:07 AM.

01.17.2015, 09:08 PM MiyazakiGirl is offline   Profile for MiyazakiGirl Add MiyazakiGirl to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whale sharks? Whoah... That'd be so incredible, I hope you get to do that. I'd love to.

Pretty sure we used to have someone else here from Tasmania, not sure who though and I'm not sure they come here anymore, sadly. I never imagined it being a chilly place. o.o

I'm from Scotland, myself. ^_^ Haven't traveled much, only been to France and Italy once on a school trip. In a couple of years time though I'll hopefully be going to Japan for a year as an exchange student, as part of my university course. So long as I can get some more money saved up, heh...

My Anime List

01.17.2015, 11:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
MiyazakiGirl
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MiyazakiGirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You have no idea, Tasmania is pretty cold (probably a bit like Scotland) even now in Summer (yes our seasons are upside down) we are the second nearest place to Antarctica! So, yeah it gets pretty chilly down here!

I hope you get to travel to Japan! I would love to! Another person from Tasmania on here huh? That's cool.... I should get one of my friends on here- she also loves Studio Ghibli..
And she was the person who introduced me into Asian Pop. We both share a love of Japan and all things kawaii.

01.18.2015, 01:13 AM MiyazakiGirl is offline   Profile for MiyazakiGirl Add MiyazakiGirl to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I believe that it was Farren who was from Tasmania, no wait, that was New Zealand... I, too, forget who it was, darn it...

I'm from Southern California, born in Canada, been to Hawaii, Midway Island, Japan, Okinawa, Hong Kong, Subic Bay in the Philippines and Vietnam during the Vietnam War. I have been in Heathrow Airport, but never left the terminal while enroute to Saudi Arabia, so I can't really say that I've been to Great Britain... I was in Saudia Arabia to visit my daughter for two weeks.

That is the extant of my world travels...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.18.2015, 03:52 AM.

01.18.2015, 03:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah Farren was from down under, along with someone else I can't remember.

That said, I'm very sure I'm the only regular from Singapore. There were a few others before, but not regulars.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.18.2015, 09:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm British, born south of London (the posh bit in Surrey) and now living in the midlands near Leicester.

I've travelled to Eire, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Spain, Morocco, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, several of these a few times. I especially love Italy for the art, architecture and food and Greece because the people love the British due to how hard we helped them in WW2.

I've also travelled to all corners of the UK.

I'd love to visit Japan and another of my unfulfilled wishes is to see both the midnight sun and the northern lights.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.18.2015, 10:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was born in Canberra but I study in Sydney, and i just came back from living in Korea for half a year for a student exchange.

02.02.2015, 08:40 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Huh, I guess I missed this before.

Anyway, as most of you probably know, I live and study in Edinburgh, and I grew up elsewhere in Scotland. I lived in Kyoto for a year as part of my studies and I've travelled to: Italy, France, Denmark, Ireland, USA, Korea

02.02.2015, 09:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OOPs, forgot a country. I was in Acapulco back in 1968, made a couple of drives into the country shopping with others and one time went in to rescue one of my Navy buddies that had been arrested and placed in the Tijuana Jail, The OLD one... I saw a 6'2" man cry when we got him out...

02.02.2015, 11:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from Canada. Right now, there's at least three feet of snow blanketing the ground and giant piles of it way above my head. Haven't once had power flicker though. Just seems really Canadian outside.

I've been to America, but that's about it. I've just finally been able to start traveling in the past year.

02.03.2015, 12:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Just seems really Canadian outside.
Canada has one less person to worry about cuz I will never visit such cold places

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.04.2015, 10:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

It's not always that way, Roar. There are a lot of times when the weather is just beautiful up there. Real shirt sleeve weather and swimming in the lakes weather... honest! I have family there and see a lot of pictures...

02.04.2015, 11:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, when it snows it's actually quite warm out!

Also, Canada's a large country with different climates depending on where you're from. I live near the sea.

02.04.2015, 12:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, the cold Atlantic, lol

Hey Roar, just talked to an old shipmate of mine over in your neck of the woods (world). Just arrived in the Philippine's from Indonesia... Knowing him, probably on a golfing tour around the world, lol...

hahaha, dude keeps trying to buy one of my ship momentos from me, keeps uping the offer, so far up to $250 and one of his momentos... lol

No sale!

edit:

Honestly, if I ever find another one, I'd probably just give it to him... send it as a surprise...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.04.2015, 12:57 PM.

02.04.2015, 12:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from USA, in Ohio, where our weather enjoys being a butt. It's annoying, when you expect it to be 70 degrees Fahrenheit it's 30 and when you expect it to be like 20 it's 75. Bugs me! But, I love Ohio. It's a nice place.

04.03.2015, 11:48 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from the US and was born in Texas, which is weird. I only lived there for four years before my family moved to Oregon. Haven't really traveled much.

Recently my mom was looking through some genealogy stuff, and apparently we accidentally moved to a town that our family had lived in for generations? All the way from Texas? Weird.

04.16.2015, 12:01 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not been on for ages, felt like this is a good place to start.

I am originally from Germany, as my dad is in the English Navy and we traveled a lot when I was younger.

I have been living in England for about 11 years now, I have lived in Holland and Gibraltar as well.

06.26.2015, 07:26 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from Canada. I've also traveled to El Salvador & Costa Rica (family reasons(Costa Rica-multiple times)), New York and China!

I hope to visit many more places in the future.

Post last edited by Lynnie on 10.19.2015, 06:32 PM.

10.19.2015, 06:31 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from the southeast part of Brazil! (Was there any other Brazilian friend here before?)

I really enjoy living here, despite all the political issues and financial crisis. The thing I love the most is the food (oh, the food! I hope all of you can taste some of our delicious meals someday) and the one I hate the most is the weather. It's hot year-round, there's no difference between seasons. It's hot in the spring, summer, autumn and winter. In the winter, 'tho, we have like a week of cold temperatures, but that's about it.

Unfortunately, I never traveled abroad. I'd love to visit Northern Europe, East Asia, Canada, Oceania and, of course, other Latin American countries, especially Chile and Argentina. These are the ones I'd like to go the most, but, honestly, anywhere is fine to me. Going somewhere different is always a good experience.

11.02.2015, 11:22 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Bel, you are young yet and have a lot of years ahead of you. With any luck at all, you will have the chance to travel.

As far as anyone from Brazil in the Tavern before, I think that there might have been someone, but it has been so long ago and I don't think they stayed here very long...

11.03.2015, 11:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks