QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE!!! I want some ^_^
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE!!! I want some ^_^ » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.11.14
WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE!!! I want some ^_^Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by deanosaur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I've been looking through the Ghibli museum book and came across this image. I'm wondering what the little Green guys are called? ( the statues facing the wall etc!)

11.11.2014, 03:03 PM deanosaur is offline   Profile for deanosaur Add deanosaur to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, that's one way to make an entrance....

Welcome to the Tavern...

As for the little green guys, I don't recall ever seeing them before in any of the Ghibli movies I've seen. Maybe someone else knows about them...

Go to the untro thread and tell us a little about yourself...
We already know you like little green things...

11.11.2014, 08:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Too small to see...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.11.2014, 08:57 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does this help, Roar???

11.12.2014, 02:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.12.2014, 07:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

no comprende, mi amigo.... como 'sta?

11.12.2014, 09:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.12.2014, 03:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whatever they are, they have something to do with the storyboard in the background. Is this book viewable online? I can go ask a friend tomorrow.

11.12.2014, 07:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't tell... they might be something from one of the shorts. In any case, they aren't normally there, because I sure didn't see them.

11.15.2014, 09:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
deanosaur
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.11.14
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by deanosaur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just an update guys. They are called Ghibli-blee's. Somewhat of a myth at the museum! They appear when the writers have a creative block! Hence why they are positioned around books etc. They are not in any of the films as far as i'm aware. ( so nothing to do with any of the storyboards shown in the background.

Oh and I will post something in the intro section when I have a bit more free time on my hands.

One more thing, they are actually now hidden around the museum, kind of a hunt they introduced a while back.

Post last edited by deanosaur on 11.15.2014, 04:27 PM.

11.15.2014, 04:25 PM deanosaur is offline   Profile for deanosaur Add deanosaur to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, deanosaur, again, Welcome to the Tavern...

11.15.2014, 10:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks