QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Coat Of Arms(?)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Coat Of Arms(?) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.09.14
  Coat Of Arms(?)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GGB Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi All.
I'm new to the forum and although a fan of SB, certainly not an expert. I am curious to know what the coat of arms is on my collection DVD? Does anyone know where it came from? What it represents? Etc. Any info appreciated.
Thanks.

08.09.2014, 04:43 PM GGB is offline   Profile for GGB Add GGB to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it is only something that was put on a pirated collection... You find a lot of them on eBay...

Welcome to the Tavern...

SB ...???

08.09.2014, 05:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
GGB
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GGB Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope the following link works...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=studio...es%252Fj%252Fjp)ghibl.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.crwflags.com%252Ffotw%252Fflags%252Fjp_ghibl.html%3B207%3B243

Ah okay, thanks. So I just found out that my beloved box set is a pirate?! ): How disappointing!

I did say I wasn't an expert! Haha.

SB was supposed to be SG, sorry!

08.09.2014, 05:13 PM GGB is offline   Profile for GGB Add GGB to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ggb, you can edit your posts to fix mistakes. That makes life easier.

08.09.2014, 05:46 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's no such thing as a legal SG boxed set except for one that came out years ago and covered up to just before Spirited Away I think. Those will be selling for 100s of dollars as they are extremely rare.

Anything else is a pirate copy and you'll get very poor video and/or sound quality usually.

Even so, welcome to the Tavern!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.09.2014, 06:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, chances are always very high that it's pirated if it's a box set. The link you posted doesn't seem to be working for me though...

But when I went to this thread, what I was actually expecting was a real Ghibli coat of arms, the one found at the Ghibli Museum:

08.09.2014, 07:54 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
GGB
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GGB Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, I'm new to this so please bare with me

That would be why the DVDs only work in certain players, I feel like such a fraud.

Arren18... That's the one!

08.10.2014, 03:20 AM GGB is offline   Profile for GGB Add GGB to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't worry, you couldn't have known! Interesting that they use the actual coat of arms from the museum though. I would have expected something more generic for packaging on a pirate copy.

08.10.2014, 04:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
GGB
Susuwatari

I thought the same hence why I have always thought it was real. Then again I had no reason to suspect otherwise.

Back to my original question though, anyone have any ideas of the origins of the segments? Totoro is kinda obvious but the rest?

Much appreciated, all.

08.10.2014, 01:06 PM GGB is offline   Profile for GGB Add GGB to your buddy list
Specialka22
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.18.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Specialka22 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found this site, which explains the meaning of the coat of arms:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/jp_ghibl.html

Hope that helps.

K

09.03.2014, 04:25 PM Specialka22 is offline   Profile for Specialka22 Add Specialka22 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks