QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, rain, a sidewalk chalkers nemesis... thanks, Saddles

08.29.2011, 10:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

see if this one works

http://youtu.be/s6fQuGQObx4

Yes, it does... Thanks just the same, but I will keep my two wheels on the ground....

This was a 2008 jump...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.30.2011, 01:42 PM.

08.30.2011, 01:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kay, does this make you smile, or what?

http://vimeo.com/3829682

@husky: lol your ebaumsworld link just reminded of what we used to get up to on the internet before youtube. xD

09.03.2011, 07:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hahahahaha, thank you, fen, that was cool...

y'know....

09.03.2011, 09:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen that before but its too good not to see it again. The time-lapse films on that collection are great as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.03.2011, 03:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Of special interest to Ghibli fans who are also owners of IL2 flight sim...

Worth reading through all 12 pages, lots of pictures!

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,15393.0.html

And...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hlQrY1lCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZ4R64qoCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7SHCKmVU0

And model kits!

http://www.finemolds.co.jp/www/newbutabuta.html

http://www.finemolds.co.jp/buta/FG4.html

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.04.2011, 04:07 PM.

09.04.2011, 01:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now that is truly awesome, always wanted to compare porco's plane to, lets say a spitfire or bf109.
Now if only i could dogfight with Curtis.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 09.04.2011, 04:39 PM.

09.04.2011, 04:25 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

IDK, there's something about those planes that is vaguely familiar.... lol

09.05.2011, 02:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Speaking of planes....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1k-aTI3...feature=related
If you can stand the rubbish start there is some pretty good music half way trough.
However... This video contains footage of dogfights during the battle of Britain, some of you may find this footage disturbing or hard to watch because of the pain world war 2 inflicted. If you are likely to suffer from either of these mentioned i would recommend not watching.
(Dogfights being planes fighting in the air not dogs fighting in case you were wondering)

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 09.10.2011, 07:12 PM.

09.10.2011, 06:59 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

yes, but dog fights are fighter aircraft against fighter aircraft, not fighter against bomber...

09.11.2011, 12:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

I know but i recall a few fighter on fighter scenario's in the video.

09.11.2011, 07:38 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I thought this thread might soon get diluted with just music videos. Perhaps we could try and keep it for just really interesting/fascinating/odd/humorous/special/whatever websites.

Music videos can go in the "what are you listening to now" thread I think.

09.11.2011, 04:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Draw a stickman, have an adventure.

09.23.2011, 10:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hhahahahaha... that is so cool!!!

didn't know what to expect and I drew a stickcowboy on a stickhorse with a saguaro cactus.

next thing I know the cactus is chasing the horse and rider...

09.23.2011, 04:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

When it came time to draw a sword I had twigged the humour value and gave my guy an ice cream cone! Not much use against a fire-breathing dragon...

I also had a flying saucer raining

09.24.2011, 05:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I notice that the way the stickman walks depends on how widely spread its feet are. If you give it tiny feet, it has to awkwardly waddle from place to place ^^

09.24.2011, 05:33 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, that was cool Saddles!

I have another reason to go to Japan:

World's steepest roller coaster

Post last edited by fenkashi on 09.24.2011, 11:29 PM.

09.24.2011, 11:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Whoa!!!!!
That tall drop-off is way much..... My. god!

(front row)

09.25.2011, 12:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah my word! I was pooping my pants just watching the video!

Anyway, moving on... a little contrast...

http://www.choishine.com/port_projects/l...t/landsnet.html

09.25.2011, 04:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Remarkable, Saddles...

Thanks

09.26.2011, 01:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks