QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...    »  ]
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nothing wrong with that, Hopexx
I should watch MORE Ghibli instead, but Arriety for example is NOT showing in my village..damn..

I finished ''Lost in Austen''.
Love love love!

08.15.2011, 03:42 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Today I finally got around to watch Up, after having it on DVD for months! I really liked it.

08.29.2011, 03:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally got a chance to see "Goshu the Cellist" and "Prince of the Sun", no subtitles.

I was able to pretty much figure out Goshu, but Prince was a bit harder at first. All in all, I liked Goshu better.

10.12.2011, 10:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Chie the Brat (also known as Downtown Story) by last night. I wasn't expecting it to be any good, but boy was I wrong. It was pretty cool! I can't believe I was actually stupid enough to doubt the brilliant Isao Takahata.

10.13.2011, 10:04 AM  
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched a trainz simulator remake of the thomas the tank engine episode, Thomas and the rumours...

10.13.2011, 11:39 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

re-watched "The Sky Crawlers" again. Still a good movie IMO...

I have been looking all over for a copy of "Chie the Brat", but have not had any luck. Sounds like it would be fun to watch from all the reviews... Any ideas where I could find a copy?

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.16.2011, 09:02 PM.

10.16.2011, 01:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've watched the Lion King (at home, not the new 3D version in the cinema) and I liked it even more than when I was a kid I think. I notice now, when I'm a lot older, that there are lots of ''hidden'' meanings in the movie, which were made for the parents and older people. The movie is a timeless classic suitable for all ages. And..okay, I admit it, I still cried when Scar dropped Mufasa off the cliff and let him die, it's just so sad and unfair

Then I've also watched Pirates of the Carribean 4: On Stranger Tides. I wasn't expecting much of a fourth part, after the second part for me it was enough. And like my expectations I found the movie uninspired and the jokes wheren't original anymore. Although Johnny Depp played a magnificent Jack Sparrow again and Penélope Cruz was convincing as his ex-girlfriend sort of girl xD as well, I found the movie a bit of a waste for the other three, or actually the first two. They were new, original, funny and exhiting! The scene with the mermaids was beautifully made though..

10.18.2011, 02:25 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Castle In The Sky last night..

every time I watch an anime of some sort I find myself on this forum lol, which doesn't happen often enough

11.01.2011, 12:08 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
husky51
The Old Guy

That is true, Moro, that is true... lol

Watched "Rio" night before last. Pretty nice IMO... Not like a Ghibli, but hey, c'mon. Nothings like a Ghibli except a Ghibli, right!

11.01.2011, 12:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Cars 2 last night. It was definitely not Pixar's best, but I think all of the negative reactions to it are exorbitantly exaggerated. It was fun and the shots of Italy were wonderful.

11.03.2011, 01:51 PM  
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night i watched Ponyo in dubs. Even though i prefer it with subs, i think the dub voices are still quite nice in Ponyo.

Just then i watched Spirited Away. I used to always watch it as it was my first Ghibli DVD, but i haven't watched it for ages (or in Japanese much at all) so it felt quite special.

11.06.2011, 02:32 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Summer Wars" and I liked it!!! A bit hard to follow at times, but I loved it... especially right at the end. I will not say anything about it, but it was fun...

11.07.2011, 03:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Kung Fu Panda 2. Magnificent movie, I'm such a kung fu panda fan D: I recommend this to you all, I bet some have already seen it. 5/5 another great animation to my collection!

11.07.2011, 02:30 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kevin Willmotts "The Confederate States of America". I enjoyed it very much, the sharp satire and dark humour made me laugh. Almost as much as the inane arguments between the racists and anti-racists on the YouTube comments.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.07.2011, 07:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

"Tangled" The Disney Repunzel story.

Always before when I watched it, it was with the grand-daughters in attendence and I never really got to see it in its entirety.

Nice movie...

11.13.2011, 01:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Things have been so slow in the Tavern lately that I don't feel bad about doubling when a few days have passed since my last post...

Watched 'Castle of Cagliostro'...

11.16.2011, 11:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Four Lions on Tuesday. It was very funny, but also pretty heavy at times. It's definitely worth watching.

11.17.2011, 06:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Cry Freedom in school and was surprised at how good it was (well, wev been watching it gradually for a few weeks but we finished it today).

11.17.2011, 07:43 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On Saturday night i watched The Breakfast Club. Its a really amazing movie. I love it.

11.21.2011, 06:19 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saturday night I wached Dr. Strangelove. It's really one of the best movies ever made imo. And yesterday I watched Moon. It was pretty good.

11.21.2011, 07:11 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
[  «    ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks