QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The "Where Are You From?" Poll
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » The "Where Are You From?" Poll » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Where are you?
USA
Canada
Middle or South America
UK
Rest of Europe
Africa
Middle East
Asia / Japan
Australia / New Zealand
Former USSR
Results
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  The "Where Are You From?" PollPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Little Tanuki
Is there a poll on any of the other threads? (Can't remember) I'd like to see a poll.

Good idea! I would too! Then we could see the awsomeness of the sinister Canadian takeover!

Sorry, as always limited to 10 options, so no offence was intended with the countries/regions.

10.27.2007, 04:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had done a thread like this before.
It was called battle of the continents.

10.27.2007, 04:38 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And now I'm doing one so yar boo sucks to you! Meerh (sticks tongue out).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.27.2007, 04:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There, I voted. ._.

10.27.2007, 08:32 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, rule Brittania! We're 3 votes ahead already!

10.27.2007, 09:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope this thread is for where you are currently located, because I voted Canada.

10.27.2007, 09:40 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I originally put Where are you from Originally? And realised that was mostly pointless.

10.27.2007, 09:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go Canada!

10.27.2007, 11:34 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Hux
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hux Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I'm the only American here. I feel like it's my responsibility to represent my country now. At east to do a better job of it than its current regime. Sorry, sorry, off-topic, I know.

10.27.2007, 11:38 AM Hux is offline   Profile for Hux Add Hux to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it is kinda an odd spread, it is almost all UK and Canadians here. Go Britain and Former Britain Colony.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.27.2007, 11:38 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Canada! Yay!

Don't worry Hux there's Seiji...and Sho's also from America but he's kinda pulled a disappearing act.

Wow...is that all the Americans?

10.27.2007, 11:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah... this forum's a bit odd in that respect. In most forums I've been on, the vast majority of members are in the US.

10.27.2007, 11:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I knew the Canadians would arise and take over the world... er, sorry, poll.

And Hux there is one other American here but as others have said its an odd spread on the Tavern, and not at all the usual 'shape' of national distribution on 'tinternet which is why I listed Canada separate from the USA, I knew beforehand we had a weird forum.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone see an area of the globe/nation I have missed out that might contain a number of users?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.27.2007, 01:00 PM.

10.27.2007, 12:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well usually Asia would be seperated from South Asia as they are very different.

10.27.2007, 04:32 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If we had more space for options, it would be nice to have Japan separated, seeing as that's where Studio Ghibli is. I don't know if anybody here lives in Japan, which is counter to what I'd expect. I wonder if they have their own fan forum in Japanese?

P.S. Canada is leading the UK now, 6-5. Maybe we should demand that the Queen comes and lives here, and only visit the UK on weekends

Post last edited by Mush on 10.27.2007, 04:50 PM.

10.27.2007, 04:41 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Suits me. She's expensive to keep though...

10.27.2007, 04:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

quote:
I don't know if anybody here lives in Japan, which is counter to what I'd expect.

Very few Japanese would venture out onto an english fan forum. There are tons of Japanese sites dedicated to anime and other related things so they also don't have much need to. In all the forums I've been on, I've only ever seen one native Japanese person posting, and he had visited America and knew english well. The only others posting from Japan were just people visiting or teaching in Japan, etc.

10.27.2007, 04:52 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Suits me. She's expensive to keep though...

But she's worth every penny!

BTW; half of Canada must be members here?

10.27.2007, 05:17 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne I've only ever seen one native Japanese person posting.
You've seen at least two: Sho and Kanta on here are both Japanese I think - well Kanta certainly.

10.27.2007, 05:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

I've never seen them say they are Japanese & living in Japan (which is what's being discussed), earlier in this thread someone said Sho was from America, I'll take your word on this one.

Post last edited by Theowne on 10.27.2007, 05:47 PM.

10.27.2007, 05:45 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks