QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Announcement: Closing of large threads
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Announcement: Closing of large threads Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Announcement: Closing of large threadsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Been meaning to do this for a while (too lazy to open an official announcement thread, bleargh).

A few threads have grown to considerably large sizes, namely the highlights thread, music thread, etc. I'll be closing these threads by end of this week, but thought I should give some time for people to, uh, "move on".

Feel free to open up a second thread if you want.

Threads affected:
-Whats The Highlight Of Your Day!!!
-What are you doing right now?
-What are you listening to right now?
-Isakaya High School - Tech Discussion ONLY

05.01.2008, 01:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes they are big but why the need to close them? Its no strain on the server is it? When a user posts in them the software just loads a page, same as any other thread.

I would ask you NOT to shut the RPG tech thread, it has a lot of useful info in I refer back to and link to and having it slowly vanish down the pages will be a great inconvenience.

If you must lock it, please sticky it at the top of the page. Thank you.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.01.2008, 02:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's the same policy we used for the RPG threads? They've slowly vanished too.

You can put a link to the previous thread at the start of the new one, so that you don't lose it...

05.01.2008, 02:46 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The old game threads are not referred to however, although it would still be great if they could be stickied as I dip into them occasionally.

Would that be possible Roar? Locking them might be an idea too, you never know if someone might mess about in there.

I’ll start a new #2 tech thread in a day or two and on the first page do a few posts with all the essential info in there, maps, plans, story so far, class layout, character profiles, Tokyo area map, etc. That way all the stuff players refer to all the time will be on page 1 (as well as Roar’s website too).

Bear with me, Roar, while I do this and keep using #1 tech thread until I’m ready.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.01.2008, 07:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is why I even created this thread.

@Mushka: Will do, good suggestion.

@Saddle: I'm still trying to get a hold of my friend who's an admin on another board I mod, but over there, when a thread gets too big, it's shut down to prevent strain on the server. No idea if the same applies to us, but until he gets back to me, I'll assume it's the same.

Haven't asked UO, to be honest. Wonder why I forgot about him.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.01.2008, 07:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

they`re all still open.is this a cunning rusemore than a week has passed---are you planning to pounce while we`re all loking the other way?)

06.22.2008, 07:16 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by seasprite
they`re all still open.is this a cunning rusemore than a week has passed---are you planning to pounce while we`re all loking the other way?)

That would be using the same philosophy as trashing a car with a bat when it's going to be crushed. The threads are dead, so locking them makes no difference.

If it makes you feel good though...

06.22.2008, 11:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks