QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...    »  ]
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Death Note- Again xD
I recently for my birthday got the 3 Death Note live action films, watched them all in the past week they are amazing xD, i have kinda become obsessed with death note. So i thought why not watch it again xD

04.05.2010, 10:18 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched Kamikaze Girls. To stop myself going off into some obsessive rant I will simply say this - loved it.

So so good, thank you film 4.

04.19.2010, 09:02 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw Kaiji.

And so I'm guessing Liar Game was a rip-off from Kaiji, they were so similar. But I haven't read the manga it was based on, so maybe it's not that true.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.19.2010, 10:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just finished 'Puss 'n Boots' that Miyazaki helped animate. I saw at least one major scene that correlates with a scene from one of his Ghibli films...

yes, an older anime, but I liked it... the music was cute...

04.19.2010, 11:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ocean Waves!

Also, I have a giftcard for the movies so I might go see the Last Song. Even though Miley Cyrus usually grates on my nerves for some reason, I'm curious to see if she's got any depth in her acting skills.

04.19.2010, 12:15 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I keep trying to go see 'How to Train Your Dragon', but things keep coming up to prevent it....

04.19.2010, 12:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I keep trying to go see 'How to Train Your Dragon', but things keep coming up to prevent it....

Omg, sooo cute. I loved that movie. You should try harder, I think.

04.19.2010, 12:50 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kitsunejr
Death Note- Again xD
I recently for my birthday got the 3 Death Note live action films, watched them all in the past week they are amazing xD, i have kinda become obsessed with death note. So i thought why not watch it again xD

Prompted me to give the first film a whirl -

thank you.

Thouroughly enjoyed it

04.19.2010, 04:17 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha. I got bored halfway through the first film and switched it off. :'P

Saw Over The Hedge for the second time. It's alright. Very American.

My Anime List

04.19.2010, 05:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Lol, I did the same thing. I did like the first season of the anime, though.

I just watched Beauty and the Beast in the background. <3

04.19.2010, 05:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I just watched Beauty and the Beast in the background. <3

Decent Disney, that Especially loved Peabo Bryson and (insert forgotten name)'s version.

Saw Red Cliff. Was actually pretty good, but the bed scene was oh-so unnecessary. It's like every movie Zhang Ziyi is in, she just has to get naked.

Looking forward to the sequel...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.20.2010, 10:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
It's like every movie Zhang Ziyi is in, she just has to get naked.

Looking forward to the sequel...

If you read this out of context, the meaning is a bit different.

04.20.2010, 06:08 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Ahaha, yeah I could understand it not being everybody's cup of tea. I've seen the anime as well, and enjoyed that. I liked the film a lot though, I thought it developed well and i'd forgotten all the twists and whatever from the manga so I kept having that excellent moment.

Tried to watch Death Note 2.

Could only find tragically awful dub.

I'm afraid i just cannot watch live action dubs, they're just weird.

I guess i'll have to wait till I have some moneys and purchase the DVDs.

04.20.2010, 06:59 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not today, but last film I watched was Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence. Absoloutly amazingg film, visually stunning. But you should watch the first one first

04.21.2010, 03:24 PM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched vol 3 of 'Darker than Black'

then my son and I watched the 1961 animation flick "Alakazam the Great' that I remember watching when it came out when I was 14 or 15... just a few years ago... lol

@liaam:
I agree with you about GitS...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.26.2010, 03:33 AM.

04.26.2010, 03:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I went to see the Back-up Plan. Hehe, it had some laughs. Typical romcom though, could have been better/worse. There were some really weird natural birthing scenes that were way too exaggerated. Crazy. xP

When are the good movies going to come out?! Alice in Wonderland was a long time ago.

04.26.2010, 08:03 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
quote:

I dood it!!! I dood it!!!! I saw the movie.....

Rode my cycle into another city and saw "How to..." in 3-D and I liked it...

04.26.2010, 09:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
quote:
quote:

I dood it!!! I dood it!!!! I saw the movie.....

Rode my cycle into another city and saw "How to..." in 3-D and I liked it...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. Wasn't it so warm and fluffy? I loved that scene where he got to be friends with his dragon. And the flying! Man, I wish I had a dragon.

No movies today. Hockey game...but now that my team's out, I'm rather ambivalent about those. But yeah, I will go watch something on Thursday. Haven't decided what.

04.28.2010, 01:13 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last movie I watched was See No Evil, Hear No Evil. Very funny movie with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder.

And tonight I will watch Avatar on blu-ray

04.29.2010, 02:51 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sure that you will enjoy it, colda
====================
Just finished watching "Tekkon Kinkreet" and I enjoyed it.

05.10.2010, 12:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks