QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Band's Visit.

Brilliant, beautiful film. As of now it's my favorite from 2008--although I still need to see a ton of stuff, like Slumdog Millionaire, Shotgun Stories, Flight of the Red Balloon, The Fall, My Winnipeg, Frozen River, Rachel Getting Married, A Christmas Tale, Happy-Go-Lucky, Synechdoche New York, Milk, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, The Reader, Wendy and Lucy, The Wrestler, The Class, Waltz with Bashir, Revolutionary Road--and I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but I think you get the idea.

01.12.2009, 07:16 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your missing Star Trek from your list Orphic.

But from your list, Happy-go-lucky is an enjoyable film, but that pales in comparission with Slumdog (I saw it today), it is absolutely fantastic!

Every reveiw I've seen gives it 5 stars, and now it's won 4 Golden Globes, deservidly so I say!

01.12.2009, 07:35 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched 'Hello Dolly!' today... or, rather, was forced to watch it again.
And now i cannot get the songs out of my head... aaack! Why must the songs be so catchy?!

Oh, and @ Dark Totoro
My mum and little sis thought it was 'theo', too. I had to tell them that it was 'Fio! With an 'F'! F-I-O. Fio. Not T-H-E-O like our cat.' But I forgive it, because her name really wasnt pronounced very clearly in the dub.

Yup, one of my cats is named is 'Theo'. Lol.

01.12.2009, 07:52 PM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Sicko, great film.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.17.2009, 09:06 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First half of the Special Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring.
I'm going through them all one by one now. YES!

01.17.2009, 10:46 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Paprika!

Man, this movie was brilliant!

Check out my music:

01.17.2009, 11:19 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Dark Knight. Finally!

It was great, by the way.

01.17.2009, 01:31 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last night i saw Mall Cop.

it was pretty funny... but really really short

01.17.2009, 06:08 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
Last night i saw Mall Cop.

it was pretty funny... but really really short

The only bad part about that film, i saw it yesterday, not enough Jason Ellis.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.18.2009, 11:03 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sex and the City the movie!

Oh my lordy I loved it. Chick flicktastic.

01.19.2009, 05:56 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched an old western film, "Red Sun" with Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune...

In the film Toshiro speaks quite a bit of English, but it was all learned phonetically as part of the script. I don't believe Toshoro ever did learn English. Why, he was primarily a Japanese actor!

01.24.2009, 01:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Frost/Nixon. Very very good, really impressed.
I've only got Milk and Benjamin Button left for best film nominees.

01.24.2009, 05:10 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51 In the film Toshiro speaks quite a bit of English, but it was all learned phonetically as part of the script. I don't believe Toshoro ever did learn English. Why, he was primarily a Japanese actor!

I suspect the same with Takeshi Kaneshiro (House of Flying Daggers, Red Cliff). Then again, Taiwanese star Vivian Hsu is actually incredibly fluent in Japanese, so I wouldn't be too surprised of Kaneshiro actually did learn Mandarin.

Rewatched Shaolin Soccer Also found a DVD about John and Mary's journey (titled Nativity), but the only reason I bought it was because I was kinda shocked to see Keira Castle-Hughes playing as Mary.

FYI Keira was the AMAZING child actress in Whale Rider, which I highly recommend.

EDIT: Was looking for info on the movie, and OMG, she's a MOM?! Hell, she's younger than my brother, she's not even 18 yet!

Gosh, girls these days...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.24.2009, 12:09 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roar...
Yes, I've seen Whale Rider and look forward to seeing it again, very soon.

Watched 'Bad Boys' and 'The One'...

01.25.2009, 02:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Caught Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. Really good film.

Click for Gallery^^

01.25.2009, 12:06 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
husky51
The Old Guy

"Bad Boys II' and the 2nd disc of 'Tenchi Muyo'...

I think that the reason that I like the Tenchi, To Love Ru, Chi, etc type films is the humor of the situations that the girls put the boy into... I literally chuckle and laugh out loud even tho I viewing these films by myself...

01.25.2009, 04:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Tom Cruise's new movie today, 'Valkyrie' (Let's kill naughty Mr Hitler), and it was pretty good.

Also practically every current english actor was in it aswell, even Eddie Issard.

01.25.2009, 07:58 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It wasn't today, but I saw Inkheart yesterday.

They only were playing it at a small theatre, which was abnormally farther away from anywhere else, but the people there were interesting. XD The ones that worked.. You could almost sneak into a movie without them caring, and me and Bekah thought we'd be the only ones, but then there were a few others that came in. Very small theatre, but perfect seat leveling. X3 Very comforting.

The movie was good, but definitely very, very flawed. Too short and I don't even believe if covers 1/3 of the books. Then again, I never was able to finish the first novel (I read the second first >.< )

Mo's actor... Ugh, I despised his acting. Some parts of his acting was greater and showed Mo's character, but otherwise... uh uh. He didn't do well and it upset the whole movie for me. I also imagined Basta a little differently, but Dustfinger was exactly how I thought he'd look. O_O

The movie made me like Elinor and Capricorn's characters more, and even the ones portraying the bad guys. XD I found them greatly amusing. But still, Dustfinger and Farid were my favourites. lol I couldn't stop laughing for some reason whenever Farid appeared. XD

Mo: What do you want?!
Dustfinger: *pushes him towards a wall* I want you-
Me: *randomly starts laughing her head off*
Bekah: o_O *gets what I'm laughing at*

Farid: You're alive, you're alive! *hugs Dustfinger*
Dustfinger: Uh... yeah... ger...

^ I kept saying that over and over again. XD Because the car broke down..

I like how they filmed Dustfinger's world, but that's definitely not how the first book finished... I think.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.31.2009, 11:26 AM.

01.31.2009, 11:26 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone seen 'Trpoic thunder' or 'Don't mess with the Zohan?'

I'd quite like to see them, they look like my kind of movies

01.31.2009, 02:58 PM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

quote:
Originally posted by ..Ayami..
Has anyone seen 'Trpoic thunder' or 'Don't mess with the Zohan?'

I'd quite like to see them, they look like my kind of movies

I saw both, I liked Tropic Thunder better then Zohan, but they were both pretty funny.

Click for Gallery^^

01.31.2009, 04:22 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks